Black Chicken Studios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rhialto

How goes the Progress for Y2?

Have you considered posting anything - anything at all - of Y2 so that people other than Rhialto and Schwarzbart can have a little bit of faith that the game even exists?

I love Y1, and there are a lot of people out there who love Y1, but the decade-long wait for Y2 with not even a screenshot is tiresome and has been for years. This dance of "oh yes, things are being done and have been done" that the devs have you do, Legate, is bizarre. I understand not wanting to commit to anything, but a screenshot marked "pre-release, not all details are final" does not commit anyone to anything.

I would, frankly, be a lot more inclined to buy Y2 when it comes out if I felt that the devs were at all inclined to hear player feedback or share things with the community. During Y1's post-development patch cycle, I think we did all feel that the devs were doing a pretty good job of interfacing with the community, and things like player-written events being added in patches reinforced that feeling (although I have to admit that I wish there had been some overhauls to the more broken Y1 systems like crafting - nevertheless, community engagement was pretty high at that time!) The secrecy legitimately made sense a few years ago, to an extent, but if Rhialto and Schwarzbart hadn't been asking questions over the years we would know exactly nothing about Y2. Despite their admirable persistence, we still know very little.

Please, I'm begging you for your sake and ours - don't just stonewall every detail until launch day, whenever that is going to be, and then release the game with little fanfare onto Steam. This series deserves better.

• Like 1

Jazerus;

We've certainly talked about it, at various points. Like I said, I wouldn't think anything would change by now, but I'll certainly raise it up. Academagia's a small team, though- so spending time on this sort of engagement is less time for the game. You could argue that it's not very much time, and you'd be right- but it seems to be more than what they'd like to spend.

Nonetheless, I'll raise it at our next meeting. ;)

On 10/17/2020 at 3:31 PM, Legate of Mineta said:

Jazerus;

We've certainly talked about it, at various points. Like I said, I wouldn't think anything would change by now, but I'll certainly raise it up. Academagia's a small team, though- so spending time on this sort of engagement is less time for the game. You could argue that it's not very much time, and you'd be right- but it seems to be more than what they'd like to spend.

Nonetheless, I'll raise it at our next meeting. ;)

When will this discussion be?