Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update 104

von_Lipstig

Wow...Great fluff, as usual! Unfortunately, I can’t get behind any of these options....Never been a fan of Seafood or Spam, and Favoring certain belles is bound to cause trouble. 

So I won’t!

Option 7: I’ve found Texas has one of the greatest barbecue traditions in American history. Go ask her for some pointers.

Spoiler

*check local TZ*

do we gets 2 updates/week now or is it just out of plan one?

>Captain: … I’m drawing a blank.

:mellow:

>Mississippi: We’re hoping that, with a good showing, we’ll persuade Belles of other nationalities to take part, as well.

*languages_matter.txt*

>[Redacted1]: I’m still not sure the Soviets are capable of this sort of sentiment.

couple months late

>[Redacted1]: As a gift, I opted to construct them ships in bottles -

Spoiler

Boston VI
Columbia VI
Dolphin VI
Enterprice VII
Hornet VI
Morris VII
Niagara VII
Ranger VI
Relief VI
Washington VIII
Wasp VIII
+- 6mths

> Mahan: So, instead, I’ve opted for signing, “From the [Redacted]-class, [Redacted]-class, Mahan-class, [Redacted]-class, Bagley-class, and [Redacted]-class.

Spoiler

mTuK7UT.jpg

>Captain: *sigh* Boise, what is your definition of barbecue?
>Boise: Cooked… meat?

give her steam-cooked meat  :rolleyes:and try to get out faster than blast wave

>votes

*official_heresy_seal.jpg*

*votes Beta*

4 hours ago, Fifrein said:

Wow...Great fluff, as usual! Unfortunately, I can’t get behind any of these options....Never been a fan of Seafood or Spam, and Favoring certain belles is bound to cause trouble. 

So I won’t!

Option 7: I’ve found Texas has one of the greatest barbecue traditions in American history. Go ask her for some pointers.

Except Texas is a battleship and this is the Cruiser Club.  Houston could represent, but that would require her to help Redacted 8 with the cat-herding; I think there's a reason why she isn't present.

As for me, Option 6.  It's gonna be a loooong war at this rate so I'd rather not eat up all the tasty critters this early.

I know it's been asked before, but is there any ETA to us seeing more of the gameplay? I think it was mentioned about the massive Belle on Belle scrap before, would that be the next thing that could be shown to us?

Option 7 for me. Texas BBQ is better than the rest. Especially beef brisket

4 minutes ago, Panay's Ghost said:

Except Texas is a battleship and this is the Cruiser Club.  Houston could represent, but that would require her to help Redacted 8 with the cat-herding; I think there's a reason why she isn't present.

You’re right, Texas is a battleship! I did say I was hesitant to display favoritism of the cruisers, did I not? But, if it must come from a cruiser, perhaps Houston would be a good advisor. 

In any case, it’s still Boise’s department, so she should at least have a say in which beasties they round up and chomp on, even if Houston gets the challenge of figuring out how to cook what she brings. It’ll be an interesting exercise in improvisation for everyone!

While I’d love to give you guys one of the answers provided, I do honestly think that Texas has the best barbeque, and I do want to see what you do with a write-in!  Option 7 it is.

I’ve now confirmed USS Somers and USS Tennessee, and of the redacted destroyer classes, one is Gridley class and another is Benham class.  I can’t wait to see if any of those 14 girls makes it in...

I'd like to propose an 8th option. We have a team of very different Belles with very different, and tasty culinary styles... plus we have a ton of spam to get rid of. Get all the girls working together, and produce a massive feast. Barring that, choice one, it's Boise's job.

Maybe it's just me, but the first thought the moment I opened the Update was:
Please tell me your authors haven't written in a Muttertagsszenario for Germany, oh most honourable @Legate of Mineta. A game in which Mutterkreuze are handed out to Walküren could steer into very, very, very heavy seas!

Wow, 15 ships ain't it? Wow.... I imagine some might be really tough to get for non USN captains.

I have a really tough time deciding. Okay. Option 1 seems logical, because if I, or anyone I know, heats up the Grill we use all the meat. Nothing excluding, so everyone gets their favourite. I have also no idea what's so special about Memphis, Kansas or Texan BBQ (Opt 2, 5 and "7"). Or in other words: WTF are they chinwagging 'boot? Option 4 is also strange to me, because why ... ? Why did the captain never eat grilled pork steak? Isn't it normal? It looks like the most boring option of all to me. Option 3 is.... well reasonable, but I personally don't like seafood, let alone an entire BBQ with seafood only.
And my biggest issue as a German player: One does not BBQ on mother's day. That's what father's day is for. (And I had to look it up, but it too is an official holiday in 1939. And funny enough is celebrated the way it is celebrated today since the late 19th century.)

But back to the american* BBQ issue: I vote in lack of a better option, Option 1. Because if you say all the meat, I consider it all the meat. Which includes ribs and whatever the others throw on it, in which sauce they prefer imho. Also Boise is cognisant. And to me that matters too.

Now this really real spoiler about the [Redacted] Walküren:

Spoiler

My lacking motivation and pre-knowledge regarding the USN made me fill in only "easy" guesses.

R1  = USS Enterprise

R2  = USS Somers
R3  = likes sea, sky and drawing to scale
R4  = Pretty handwriting and likes flowers/colours
R5  = fleet stalker/journalist
One [Redacted]-class is subsequently the Somers-class, natürlich. Leaves 5 DD classes for two free spaces of which two aren't fully commissioned on 1/9/1939. And what about the one Sampson and Caldwell and the several Wickes-destroyers commissioned on 1/9/1939? They don't get any cards? Or do they get them from the Clemson?

Hey only 35 subs.... all named for "sea creatures"... okay Nautilus = 34, one decommissioned on 1/9/1939 = 33.
R6  = can't stay still
R7  = loves costumes

R8  = USS Topeka
R9  = USS St. Louis
R10= USS Memphis

Just my guesses and a summary of central hints for more enthusiastic people. Or me when my motivation is heightened again by gameplay footage on display.
Edit: Lazily typed in "pork steak" into wikipedia.... so I now have a guess, I guess.

*See, I totally recognised it and didn't start to whine about the lack of Bratwurst.

@Käpt'n Korky It's different styles of BBQ, and it also includes Carolina BBQ. It's a difference in sauces, rubs, and meats. For example, Carolina BBQ sauce has a mustard base, and Texas BBQ typically has sauce on the side if any but mostly a dry rub and mostly revolves around Brisket. Everyone has their own opinion as to which is best.

Going against the grain here:

I'm getting a bit tired of the cutesy fluff pieces the last few months of updates have been, so I'm really looking forward to finally seeing some game play footage, like damn! Especially the 6 vs 6 Belle slugfest. The other non-battle parts of the game is still unfinished so I heard?

Now for this update in particular, I wish I could get into it but all the [Redacted]s just left me in a tailspin of confusion and I just can't help but imagining Mississippi having a dinner party with shapeless, nameless Belle ghost blobs (this is as I described it to the VB Discord lol). I could maybe figure out only one [Redacted] but from what Korky's spoilers say, for example one [Redacted] sub "loves costumes". Okay? That's a terrible hint to casuals like me, and seems to be aimed at US Navy turbo nerds which I assume not many of the VB fans are.

Having a range of hint difficulty is fine and can bring people together to work out the hints, which is pretty fun. I just feel like this update was "out of reach" to understand on my own.

yey~ we get too see Mahan again we missed you and this may sound biased to my upbringing and my location but i'd pick option Spam i love it, and we only get to eat a can every now and then if we are not on a tight budget (it's expensive where im from ok)

1, if they didn't want to eat what Boise selected, they shouldn't have put her in charge of food

On 5/17/2018 at 8:04 PM, Legate of Mineta said:

Mignonette;

Its 7:7. ;)

And here I thought BCS was open for any feedback and constructive criticism about their game(s). My bad, I won't do it again.... (or writing up at least anything taking more time than is necessary.) :wacko:

I personally love the updates, even the redacteds.  Eventually we will see these dialogues in their intended glory but right now the staff are keeping about half the initial Belles close to their chests so that there are surprises when the game does come out.  I think that's wise.  They have to consider building excitement when the time comes.

I'm totally fine with the delays.  Anticipation makes the heart grow fonder and in any case it proves that BCS is dedicated to investing in and releasing a quality product rather than whatever they could throw together with what they had when they started.  As one of the handful of Kickstarter "whales" who gave $1000 or more to this game nearly two years ago, I am quite satisfied with where my money has gone.

1 hour ago, DrYuriMom said:

I personally love the updates, even the redacteds.  Eventually we will see these dialogues in their intended glory but right now the staff are keeping about half the initial Belles close to their chests so that there are surprises when the game does come out.  I think that's wise.  They have to consider building excitement when the time comes.

I'm totally fine with the delays.  Anticipation makes the heart grow fonder and in any case it proves that BCS is dedicated to investing in and releasing a quality product rather than whatever they could throw together with what they had when they started.  As one of the handful of Kickstarter "whales" who gave $1000 or more to this game nearly two years ago, I am quite satisfied with where my money has gone.

as one of the smaller backers thanks for helping getting this funded

Archived