Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update 104

von_Lipstig

I have to correct myself on one thing: My morale will not only be heighted by gameplay footage. What I meant to write was ingame footage. Like a remodeled Mainscreen (Hangar?), some talk about design choices. Nothing big. Just screenshots. I would like to start giving feedback on the game itself. Because we have all now seen plenty of stories and lore (a bit too much for my exploring heart). Y'know some teasing on the game side. Not only the lore side.

I would like some Walküren rambling about the Hangar, or the R&D or the whatever other areas you have designated.

You are like the parents who talk about the baby, but never show pictures. But this part of the audience would like some pics to go with the stories very much. (Okay you showed pics, but that was a while ago. A long while.)

This year I learned Mother's day has, like, 22 different dates depending on the country...

Anyway, I say option 1. They DID agree that Boise was in charge of the food.
If they DID agree but now don't like the results, maybe they will need to scrutinize the constitution and see if they find some article to enforce against her.
(I KNOW someone will get it)

12 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Hmm?

I was just saying that it’s 7 vs 7 Belles, instead of 6 vs 6. ;)

We think it’s very good to give feedback- in fact, I’ve already sent it to the Team.

Well, I got (justifiably?) angry because it seemed like something that actually has been on my mind for months gets completely brushed off while something not even the main point of my feedback got a flippant remark. I felt like a goddamn idiot (for just asking to maybe make the hints not so esoteric?).

Well, maybe any future feedback I might have might get relayed by someone of higher standing and a high chance of getting actual serious replies. welp, back to lurking I go.

1 hour ago, Mignonette said:

Well, I got (justifiably?) angry because it seemed like something that actually has been on my mind for months gets completely brushed off while something not even the main point of my feedback got a flippant remark. I felt like a goddamn idiot (for just asking to maybe make the hints not so esoteric?).

Well, maybe any future feedback I might have might get relayed by someone of higher standing and a high chance of getting actual serious replies. welp, back to lurking I go.

Not going to lie, it's a hell of a challenge to get some of these clues, and I'm certain there's still plenty me and the others have missed, despite our efforts.  I, however, do believe I speak the opinions of us clue hunters when I say that we would not like you to make the clues easier.  I think a large part of what has been keeping our interest these many months is the long and arduous searches on each and every little thing we believe to be a clue.  We would be somewhat upset and feel rather put-off were the team that has put us through such a fascinating challenge up to this point to decide to suddenly start giving names to us like candy for a child.

Mig, even IRL we misunderstand each other because we can't be in each others' heads - which is probably a good thing!  It's 100x worse with text communication with people we don't know IRL so we cannot account for personal nuances.  Legate has repeatedly assured you that your feedback is going the same place anyone else's feedback goes.  I'd hope you wouldn't withhold your creative energies, whether it be your lovely art or your insightful opinions, just because of a misunderstanding.

We've developed a nice family here over the past two years.  Instead of a blood bond (Ark Royal, you can get out of my head now) we are bound by a passion for lovely ship spirits.  Even families have misunderstandings but we share a bond and will all still come back together after we cool off a bit.  Right? :wub:

20 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

I, however, do believe I speak the opinions of us clue hunters when I say that we would not like you to make the clues easier.  I think a large part of what has been keeping our interest these many months is the long and arduous searches on each and every little thing we believe to be a clue.

I never said to get rid of the super hard clues forever, just to have a better range of difficulty of them in each update (when needed). I just felt like last update was just mostly these hard clues and I brought up that most people might be confused. Well, I assumed so, because most VB fans might not have super deep navy knowledge.... unless all that's left now are the latter of those kinds of people and VB noticed and are aiming at them with these updates. Scavenger hunts can be fun, I agree. BCS can add a super hard hint for those hardcore fans, but at least have something else for the others that might be challenging but fun (but nothing too easy that it insults our intelligence :P).

Hi ho!

One more vote for Option 1, please. Hope that voting can still be done.

Also, regarding the Battle Engine - patiently waiting for any feedback on the game's development, even if just evolved imagery.

• 9 months later...

Archived