Black Chicken Studios Forums

Question About Brew Skill

Rhialto

In my most recent game as a Morvidus Student, I fully maximized study of the Brew Skill and all of its subskills. The result (in combination with Pelia's adventure) was a brew skill level of 13. Naturally, I hope to bring this character into Y2 in order to study brewing. My question is: would a brewing skill level of 13 be high enough to be exceptional in y2? On 1 hand, brewing is a Y2 course, so having a level of 13 in the beginning of Y2 would be a huge advantage. On the other hand, in Y2, skill levels go up to 20. So would such a character gain more than formal recognition by attending a brew class? Or is the completion of the maximum in Brew in Y1 the equal of what Y2 would teach characters?

This information reinforces some of my beliefs on how Y2's skill structure is going to work. I'm really glad that Y1 lets us train up at least a couple of skills early. I might get around to going up to 10 on brew myself, but that is such a big topic and there are already so many things I need to do that I kind of doubt it.

Archived