Black Chicken Studios Forums

How do I activate Research Revision Spells skill?

LaughingHero

According to a daily report I gained the Research Revision Spells skill, it's also in the actions tab, but when I check all of my actions in the calendar it doesn't, so I can't use it (my Revision is 6). It's not greyed out, so why do I seem to have it but can't select it?

Edit: This was supposed to be in the support forum.

1 hour ago, Metis said:

That action has a prerequisite of Revision 6 and Revision Spells 6, if you're below that you can't use it. No, there's nothing ingame that clarifies that. I looked it up in the mod tools.

Thanks! So despite unlocking it, I'm probably lacking the RS6 pre-requisitive, since I already have Revision 6. I guess I can increase my RS by continuing to take Revision classes and studying Revision, right?

Is it easy to use the mod tools? I was thinking of using them to check when rolls and things pop up, and to see other results of my choices in adventures (like fails/successes when there are more options).

Fairly easy, yeah. I mean the mod tools are so outdated they can't load the latest mod base and several other functions directly or indirectly don't work, not to mention that there's like three different styles used for quickly describing what effect does what without looking at it but other than that they can be used to look up DLC 15-era stuff easily enough.

On 01/09/2018 at 7:45 PM, Metis said:

Fairly easy, yeah. I mean the mod tools are so outdated they can't load the latest mod base and several other functions directly or indirectly don't work, not to mention that there's like three different styles used for quickly describing what effect does what without looking at it but other than that they can be used to look up DLC 15-era stuff easily enough.

Awesome! By the way, are all adventures in the mod tools? I've noticed the wiki is missing steps or descriptions for many, is it because you can't ctrl+c/v the text out of it, or because people don't think it's necessary, or because they're not there?

I'm trying to get the Bat familiar adventure, but it's boring re-rolling chars until I get the Exotic animal I want.

47 minutes ago, LaughingHero said:

I'm trying to get the Bat familiar adventure, but it's boring re-rolling chars until I get the Exotic animal I want.

There is another way to get exotic familiars. Getting zoology to 11 (through using 3 level 10 favors with Professor Pachait with save-scumming) yields the Exchange Familiars action, which allows the PC to gain a random exotic familiar; with save-scumming, the exotic familiar can be a bat.

As Metis already have written newer changes are not in the mod base we can use with the mod tools, so there quite some adventures and events we can't look at. But the bat adventure is non of them.

Also jut a tip get Zoology to 11 then you can use exchange familiar to gain a random exotic familiar what is faster to reload then when you try to get one during character generation.

3 minutes ago, Schwarzbart said:

As Metis already have written newer changes are not in the mod base we can use with the mod tools, so there quite some adventures and events we can't look at. But the bat adventure is non of them.

Also jut a tip get Zoology to 11 then you can use exchange familiar to gain a random exotic familiar what is faster to reload then when you try to get one during character generation.

10 minutes ago, Rhialto said:

There is another way to get exotic familiars. Getting zoology to 11 (through using 3 level 10 favors with Professor Pachait with save-scumming) yields the Exchange Familiars action, which allows the PC to gain a random exotic familiar; with save-scumming, the exotic familiar can be a bat.

Awesome, thank you! I'll look at the mod tools to see the adventure in that case, it'll be faster.

Archived