May 31

(Jun 5)

-

Jun 21

?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

If you'll allow me to resurrect the thread, there will be no Update this week in lieu of an all hands test. Updates will resume as normal next week.

Don't mind the lack of update if you're doing major testing. That's a good sign the game's still moving forward, and possibly in the later stages. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

About time for this to be bumped up.

So the game will definitely come out this year. Awesome. So is it wrong to expect more...updates that shows more of the game itself in action? It's frustrating when it's near the middle of the release year the updates have been "more of the same", eg. "The Writers RPing as Belles talk about stuff in text-heavy updates with repeated, static portraits", repeat for months and months and months (if you want something different or an update for the OTHER parts of the game, you need to go dig into the forums and POKE the devs). I've seen the KickStarter comments section, and it's depressing.

I can really only hope that when it does release, you guys have a super awesome way to advertise because with games like Girls Frontline and Azur Lane, VB is going to seem....very dated. KanColle survives because it still has a hardcore fanbase left after the huge popularity rush. Even then, it's gameplay is considered dated.

I hope I get surprised, nonetheless.

That answer doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence since it's the still the samey "It's going to be awesome, trust us ;) " when there's not much else shown but the writing and Belle RPing and not much actual gameplay shown. You can still show off the other stuff that don't need the Construction & Store modules. If not just game-play updates, what about more updates on the game as a whole? The last 2 modules have been in "We're working on it!! Honest!" limbo for months, maybe even a year with not much info on the other stuff that make up the game that's not writing-related.

As I mentioned a while back, why do the few backers still around have to basically *poke* you to give non-writing-based updates? Unprofessional.

M;

Personally, I'm on the fence. I always like seeing WIP, but then again, I hate waiting. ;)

The Team's thinking is: nothing matters except being done. Showing WIP at this point isn't any more or less confidence building. Only getting to the release date is going to do anything for anyone. So, when the last two Modules are done, they're going to set the date, and then it's just a count down to release.

There's a logic there, however frustrating it can be. ;)

7 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

M;

Personally, I'm on the fence. I always like seeing WIP, but then again, I hate waiting. ;)

The Team's thinking is: nothing matters except being done. Showing WIP at this point isn't any more or less confidence building. Only getting to the release date is going to do anything for anyone. So, when the last two Modules are done, they're going to set the date, and then it's just a count down to release.

There's a logic there, however frustrating it can be. ;)

It shows that the Team is actually working on things and not just stringing people along until they've manage to burn all the money and make a run for the hills. Not that I'd personally suspect BCS of it, but it's a Kickstarter reality, and being, what, four years by now? Somewhat over your initial deadline doesn't inspire much confidence to the contrary to begin with. Showing WIP could also, potentially, lead to some useful feedback from people before release, which is useful if you're not going to do a beta beforehand (no clue if you will, but if not how many typos and bugs did the DLC 17/steam release beta reveal, again?).

Speaking of, the step "getting to the release date" is going to involve either a time machine or some very creative re-interpretation of term, so perhaps finding something else to stand on in the meantime wouldn't be a horrible idea.

I agree with Metis. The "We're not showing any WIPs until we are truly, really done. Neener-neener! :)" only works in a short timeframe; after the initial release date is passed and there's going to be a delay (better if the delay isn't too long and there's a concrete new release date on hand).

Almost 4 years of mostly text RP updates and the only one gameplay video once a year (maybe even two, "as a treat :)" ) doesn't.

3 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Fortunately, at least this topic won't be on the table any longer before the end of this year. Probably it will exist instead about: 'where is Iowa?' instead. :)

Unusual for you to give such a clear timeframe for a release, even if it is probably just a public beta or something.