Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update 119: Nenohi & Ark Royal

Gerrion

2d5df59f533f5f013c163d5f25826452_original.png?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&w=639&fit=max&v=1539283566&auto=format&gif-q=50&lossless=true&s=6b2a238cdabd316bb1c692c0c2f22ea7                                                                                           6876728f2a91988b75170bafce5a61dd_original.png?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&w=639&fit=max&v=1539283722&auto=format&gif-q=50&lossless=true&s=38d28e767d75af7e151409222b2ae4b0

Link to the update.

Captain Choices:

1: … I bet we could get that piano loaded into the catapult before they get back. 
2: ...you don’t actually know how to play by ear, do you? 
3: ...Kazoo players get a bum rap.

Also, one last notice: expect a first Fleet Problem by October 26th. Schedule your calendar accordingly.

And thus we revel in our weekly punishment ?

Kazoos really do get a bum rap but the image of a piano being flung from a cruiser or battlewagon catapult is just too enrapturing to pass up.

In the spirit of Halloween, the season of the pumpkin  gun, and in honor of catapults and trebuchets everywhere, I vote

I love Kenobi, and can't help being happy whenever she's around, not that I'm not generally happy anyways.  I think she fits rather well with my also cheery demeanor.  As much as that was one of the major pros of this update, I also have to say I would love to hear Nenohi playing a Kazoo.  I think she would be a savant with that instrument.  As a proficient Kazoo player myself, I am also forced to vote for #3, as it is almost word for word what I thought when he described the Kazoo incident, long before I got to the voting options.

44 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Recorded!

Also...there's a historical anecdote about pianos and catapults, for those intrepid enough to find it...;)

I wasn’t going to say anything, but well, that’s just giving it away, isn’t it?

3 hours ago, Dmnt said:

Wait, it's actually possible to "play" music on a Kazoo? I always thought it just makes your voice sound weird.

*dodges rocks*

Rocks aren’t your biggest worry here.  Look out for flying pianos.  And yes, the kazoo is marvelous in that a kazoo can play any song recognizably, and is not limited like other instruments.  4 good kazoo players together can recreate any song in history with a remarkable degree of accuracy, and just enough amusement to make anyone’s day.

3 hours ago, Shirogane said:

USS Anderson (DD-411)  A new ship in the game?

Option 3

Andersson, I believe, is an officer.  He is not a ship but merely a poor man being taken along for the Wild Belle ride, likely as a part of Ark Royal’s crew, judging from context.  It would have been nice to have another single-stacker though.

I vote 2 and learned a thing or two about what english people think a piano is, and what german people think a piano is.

There are quite some possibilities from whom Nenohi might've heard the tune. USS California, USS Wichita and USS New York are the most likely ones, but frankly the whole USN could've heard it by Sep 1st '39

Archived