Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update #124: On Destiny and Wrecks

Ninjapacman

3 minutes ago, lazarusdw said:

I wonder if that's what the morgana's are. Perhaps they are belles that have sank

There are in fact several theories on what the Morganas are.  You can find many of those, including the one that you have just theorized, in this update:

Update #90: On Morgana Myths

19 minutes ago, lazarusdw said:

Then do the morgana's have captain's 

Once again a question to be answered by Kickstarter Update #14:

Update #14: Briefing on the Morganas

It doesn't directly answer the question, but it tells you what we know about them.

Spoiler

> Perhaps it is even worth considering whether certain wavelengths of visible light might have properties of more use than we might intuitively expect. 

*dusts out X-ray long-range projector*

> Though I had a fairly lengthy digression planned about the moral value of choice versus the purely mechanistic

"If nothing that you do matters, then that you do is all that matters" (~q)

> Though, to be fair, I'm not sure previous generations ever went to great lengths to build one ship specifically to recapture the spirit of a fallen ship.

*tosses "re-use of nose fig", "using old gubbinz for commision" etc into darkest corner of history in range*

> Maybe in the 1950s people will inevitably decide that there's a magic pyramid in Bermuda. 

Aren't interviews still outside timeline?

6 minutes ago, von_Lipstig said:
  Reveal hidden contents

> Perhaps it is even worth considering whether certain wavelengths of visible light might have properties of more use than we might intuitively expect. 

*dusts out X-ray long-range projector*

> Though I had a fairly lengthy digression planned about the moral value of choice versus the purely mechanistic

"If nothing that you do matters, then that you do is all that matters" (~q)

> Though, to be fair, I'm not sure previous generations ever went to great lengths to build one ship specifically to recapture the spirit of a fallen ship.

*tosses "re-use of nose fig", "using old gubbinz for commision" etc into darkest corner of history in range*

> Maybe in the 1950s people will inevitably decide that there's a magic pyramid in Bermuda. 

Aren't interviews still outside timeline?

it would appear that we are within the time line at the moment

Whereas the Interviews talk about real life service, and are therefore required to be outside of the universe time-line, the lore updates directly ask about things in-universe, and are therefore required to refer to this particular time-line.  In essence, they can't break out of it, and therefore are stuck within certain constraints of knowledge and understanding.

23 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

Whereas the Interviews talk about real life service, and are therefore required to be outside of the universe time-line, the lore updates directly ask about things in-universe, and are therefore required to refer to this particular time-line.  In essence, they can't break out of it, and therefore are stuck within certain constraints of knowledge and understanding.

In other words all updates happen sometime in 1939, but before Sep 1st 1939. And in certain theories all at the same time. dun, dun, dun.....

Archived