Black Chicken Studios Forums

Incantation Prodigy Bug?

wampa

I've noticed that if I take the Incantation Prodigy background but don't take it as a class skill my Theory of Incantation skill maximum is 10 rather than the 11 it is supposed to be in the background.

This applies even if I start with the Theory of Incantation skill from the Academy of Baltagio.

Is there any way around this other than taking Incantation as a Class? (Esteban Contu's existence kind of sadly makes taking Incantation as a class  - at least in Y1 - feel like a waste) I tried taking the Academy: Baltagio Background and got Theory of Incantation as one of my random skills, but the maximum was still 10.

I'd guess the same is true for Negation but I'm taking it as a class and the maximum seems to apply normally.

Hmm...the Academy: Baltagio background is after the Prodigy: Incantation background. You could try selecting the Academy background before going back a page and then selecting the Prodigy background, maybe the game will then process them in the "correct" order to work around the Prodigy: Incantation bug. Alternatively, assuming that entire idea even works, you could try picking Astrology: Midnight and manipulating a +1 Theory of Incantation off of that.

Astrology: Midnight worked when it triggered on Incantation Theory.

I tried Apprenticeship:Wizard (as it will always give incantation theory, for testing purposes) to go back before selecting prodigy, no luck there.

I'm guessing it's the 'order of the background' that it goes in. Family of Wizards might work since it also comes before Prodigy, but like Astrology: Midnight is likely RNG dependent. Although the description implies it should inform you of the 3 magical skills mentioned... But it doesn't.

Family: Wizards' description is poorly worded. You'll get +1 to a random Negation, Incantation and Revision subskill, which is how you'll "learn" of those pillars of magic, you won't get anything else informed. On the bright side, it should be able to roll +1 Theory of Incantation.

Archived