Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update 132

lazarusdw

I agree Belle Unredaction is a bit...off.  I think Declassified or Uncensored are probably more accurate terms.

I hope that Wichita's new Fleet responsibilities as hostess don't prevent her from still being irresponsible at times.  She gave us:

Captain: You’re having an airshow?

Wichita: What do we look like, backwoods amateurs? Of course, we’re having an airshow.

...Her original response was not quite that charitable:

[Redacted8]: What do we look like, backwoods amateurs? Apart from Boise, I mean. Of course we’re having an airshow.

Even diplomats may have their own opinions.

I did not foresee Wichita as the Holloween hostess, though in hindsight the popcorn should have given it away.

I was assuming someone that U-29 presumes still functions adequately in sunlight...😉

2 hours ago, Panay's Ghost said:

I agree Belle Unredaction is a bit...off.  I think Declassified or Uncensored are probably more accurate terms.

[...]

I did not foresee Wichita as the Holloween hostess, though in hindsight the popcorn should have given it away.

I was assuming someone that U-29 presumes still functions adequately in sunlight...😉

I like Declassified.

And don't be too hard on yourself. Who would've guessed Wichita is a witch by default?

Now this will be interesting. I leaned myself out of the window, as I usually do.

So in case the vote is now*, my vote is the one I riddled about the most: Verdun!

And to answer to Wichitas call, there can only be one. The one update I had the most work and fun with yet. I would love to see the Zoroastrian Walküre from Update 87.

What? Nooo, I don't want to get spoiled on the other one. But if my guess on the Russian was right or close, it would make me happy.

*In the Original Update you wrote we have to wait until in the game and now you didn't. So, is it a vote?

I too prefer Declassified. Which is honestly the only *logical* term. You don't unredact redacted documents. You declassify them, it's because they're classified or contain classified material that they've been redacted in the first place.

I'll vote for Verdun... be interesting to see what she would turn up in for Samhain. 

We have the Mother's Day choices to make as well:

Wichita: We all decided that we wanted to stage a festival in honor of the cruisers. Invite the Northamptons, the Pensacolas, the Omahas, everyone.

[Translation: Houston can't save us now.  ...Not that she could save us in any case;  in the "Barbecue Belt", Houston's slow-roasted beef would be considered as heretical as Boisie's critter cuisine.]

The clerical error was apparently resolved, so even the Spam (a crime against pork?) solution is off the table: 

1: This was Boise’s choice. We’re going with all the meat.

2: [Redacted 2] seems… really, very passionate about her choice. We’re going with Memphis barbecue.

3: I honestly prefer seafood.

4: I’ve never had a pork steak, but I’m willing to give it a try.

5: I mean, Wichita’s right. Kansas City barbecue is unquestionably the best barbecue.

Put me down for #1.  It may not be barbecue, but grilled game/beef/mutton/chicken/etc. over an open fire is still tasty.

As for the Halloween Special, I would also like to see what Verdun came up with.

7 hours ago, TwoHeavens said:

Didn't we vote for Mother's day already?

Yes.  ...And the overwhelming vote was to add a new choice

I’ve found Texas has one of the greatest barbecue traditions in American history. Go ask her Houston * for some pointers.

With the new adjustments, The Northamptons (Houston), the Pensacolas (Salt Lake City) and the Omahas (?????) are now guests, so they can't be asked.  So we're back to square one.

*Texas is a battleship, so if she even has a Belle, she wouldn't be able to assist the cruisers.  Houston, on the other hand is a cruiser, would have knowledge of Texas-style "barbecue" and could be asked.

Archived