Black Chicken Studios Forums

Combat During Y2

Rhialto

Since @Legate of Mineta has said that combat will be restructured during Y2 and will play a larger role, I have three questions.

1. What will the restructuring during Y2 be?

2. Will the combat involve a grid of any sort (even highly abstracted) to represent how far opponents are from each other?

3. Will some adventures during Y2 climax in combat sequences rather than mere selection of choices?

Eh yo legate 

have you seen the sorcery games?

if so, would the combat be more like that except with spells and you try to combat the wizards

or would it be like banner saga except replace army with clique or whoever you choose to bring along

oh yeah during combat, could you have allies and if so, could you control them or do they do their own thing like nets continues to cast some glamour buff spell on me or Miya just shooting arrows at the enemy's? 

Pis the combat turn based?

9 hours ago, Raydestroyer said:

Pis the combat turn based?

@Raydestroyer: The combat in Y1 is turn-based, but it is very unintuitive in every way - even about how to get to the combat mode.  The combat mode in Y1 already allows the player to control 2 players - the PC and the PC's familiar. And archery and wrestling are already legitimate moves in combat in Y1, which need not be based solely upon magic.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Metis said:

I'm sure that's a totally safe idea with no possible negative consequences at all, no sir.

Actually I guess you might end up duelling a Schohanwicht student at Schohanwicht itself at some point, than it'd probably be fine, but beyond that...

I have suggested to @Legate of Minetathat the authorized duelling places in the Academagia could have anti-Gates Magic (and mastery magic) wards in order to provide an in-game and in-story limitation upon such consequences.