Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update 137

von_Lipstig

"NV Ingensomething voor Scheepscheep"

Yep, definitely Dutch naming convention there. Also I'm 99% sure she's on a permanent sugar high all the time.

*Makes note to ship English Toffee to Wichita*

So far enjoying the two Soviet submersibles we have met so far. One being an overhyper 6 year old who found all the Halloween candy and ate it, and the other being a cute amusing rebel against Communism.

Spoiler

>Really? How did you know?

Lack of specific coloring and absence of giant robots, eh

> I’m a Stalinets girl, a submarine! Some of the older submarines have names, but they ran out for us, ha ha ha!

> And that’s how I came into being. I was built at the Baltic Shipyard in Leningrad and launched December 30, 1936.

> On board, you’ll find six 533mm torpedo tubes, one 100mm/51 B-24 rifle, a trusty 45mm/46 21-K rifle, and several mines, to boot

>Following the start of the Winter war, S-3 was stationed in the Kalmar Strait on 30 November 1939. On 8 December, she… returned to base. 

>A few days later, she was stationed off the Aland Islands. On 17 December 17, she was involved in a conflict with two German steamers, Gilhausen and Pinnas, but she couldn't catch them. On 22 December, S-3 returned to base.

> She was quickly overpowered by the German ships and sunk.

Spoiler

0IB1iDh.jpg

Okay. I wonder if we will ever see a ....."serious" Soviet submarine. So far we have a traitor and an airhead on a permanent sugarrush...... but don't mind me.

And yes, why not? The Dutch are excellent U-Boot builders. Ask the Poles. They were so eager to get Dutch U-Boote, they stole their own out of the Dutch shipyard.

There's got to be one serious one... though given how much attention the Russians paid to their sub fleet by my understanding, perhaps the girls are just returning the favor. Kinda ironic how the tides would turn for the Soviet Navy post war... though frankly they don't treat those girls much better. I'd post photos from Olenya Bay or even some of the actual proper Russian ports modernly, but Panay would either cry, declare personal war on Russia, or both, and I don't want to be responsible for either of those things. 

22 hours ago, Dmnt said:

Did anyone notice she's the first submarine whose art actually has underwater lighting effects?

No, absolutely not. But now that you mention it: Are those underwater breathing bubbles in front of her mouth? That underwater look is so cool.

On 4/13/2019 at 10:02 AM, TwoHeavens said:

There's got to be one serious one... though given how much attention the Russians paid to their sub fleet by my understanding, perhaps the girls are just returning the favor. Kinda ironic how the tides would turn for the Soviet Navy post war... though frankly they don't treat those girls much better. I'd post photos from Olenya Bay or even some of the actual proper Russian ports modernly, but Panay would either cry, declare personal war on Russia, or both, and I don't want to be responsible for either of those things. 

Given the status of the USS Ling, let him who treateth his fleet with care cast the first stone.

So, with an sample of 2, we have no serious Soviet submarines.

You know what, I'm good with that.  Taken as a whole, submariners tend to buck the trends of their surface counterparts:  the separation of officers and enlisted sailors is often nonexistant,  spit-and-polish dress codes are put on hold until just before entering ports-of-call,  they're at their best when the orders are simple (such as just go out and sink some enemy ships), etc. 

It doesn't make them any less loyal.  Just more fun.

Sushka Zefir is certainly interesting from any angle.  I was instantly struck by how...compact ?  consolidated?...her gear is.  Makes me want to meet a Dutch submarine Belle or her Aunt, TCG Gür  now to compare, especially since she lacks the red, industrial girder-like connective structure inherent on all Soviet ships seen thus far.

I will enjoy S-3's sugar-fueled, exuberant innocence for now.   

happy chuck jones GIF

Oh, and before I forget...

Spoiler

Related image

SUBMARINE!!  MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

On 4/18/2019 at 4:08 AM, Panay's Ghost said:

Given the status of the USS Ling, let him who treateth his fleet with care cast the first stone.

Considering the failure to care for the USS Ling, a retired submarine, intended to be conserved for historical reasons, is on the hands of private parties, compared to mass disrespect for their active hulls by their parent navy I'm not sure I'd consider the situations comparable.

I hope that one day Lembit or L-3 may appear, a submarine who has done many things than all soviet submarines in the Baltic Sea.

I do not want to go out on some enemy of Soviet naval history. However, the Soviet submarine ships showed very poor achievements except for a few 
submarine. ... during the Second World War despite the power of the fleet.

I am waiting for a mysterious Dutch submarine.

Allveelaev_Lembit.jpg

On 4/12/2019 at 11:20 AM, Legate of Mineta said:

Hahaha!

1) Tell us the details!

2) Great game. ;)

Hey Legate, tell them we want more Polish ships! Shiro's been regaling us recently withe ballad of the card shark submarine Belle ORP Wilk for example. ;)

Archived