Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update 185

Historynerd

(Half-seriuos) Conclusions:

Holi-powder works against the mists.

M-B has a sister which has awoken. And who wants you all to remember the battle which lost Canada for France. #Canadianpride?

The Russian city of Baltijsk magically came into existence before the 27th of November 1946. Probably Morganas behind it.

Japanese inner sea surveillance and naval intelligence is so bad, they consider the sudden appearance of over two hundred unidentified vessels in front of Kure base to be Soviet Vessels. Which would be more or less the entire Red Fleet?

Morganas like Mazdagos or why else would she apparently head NNE towards the Aki district in the Hiroshima Bay, instead of SE towards Kure? Using Miyajima for firing practice? Wow, that's an unexpected level of blasphemy. And avenging that sure as hel should give you status. 

Cool, China. Also Stewart confirms my first conclusion. It was holi powder. .... awww frak. For fraks sake.... and no Mainz around this time.... if grim determination and sheer grumpiness doesn't do the trick as well, I have to ask a few U-Boote for a few favours..... and if that won't do, I pull her from the bottom of the Borkum Riff myself....... dunno how, but I will absolutely never ask the other one for what is needed. Asking Mainz would be bad enough already..... but I'd rather board a Morgana alone with drawn saber than asking her!!!

Can we get introductions to Avrora and Kersaint, soon?  

On the topic of the actual update, quite the interesting set of stories. Curiously, the Morgana mist seemed to have a universal weakening effect on crews instead of the unique named effects mentioned way back in the earliest of updates. I was rather drawn to the Morgana as a unique antagonist due in no small part to that particular aspect. Shame not to see it. 

Overall though, good update!

Confirmed. That'll be fixed. Thanks, Korky. ;)

"Japanese inner sea surveillance and naval intelligence is so bad, they consider the sudden appearance of over two hundred unidentified vessels in front of Kure base to be Soviet Vessels. Which would be more or less the entire Red Fleet?"

No, I think it's more that in the panic, that's the first thing to come to mind. It certainly didn't last very long. ;)

Fifrein - the Mist itself has a general effect (although in game, it's limited to (lethal) detection problems). The individual Morganas can augment that in their own ways. Note though that the mechanical effects of this are present in their Equipment- there's no modeling (yet) of crew health and morale. Yet. ;)

4 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Confirmed. That'll be fixed. Thanks, Korky. 

"Japanese inner sea surveillance and naval intelligence is so bad, they consider the sudden appearance of over two hundred unidentified vessels in front of Kure base to be Soviet Vessels. Which would be more or less the entire Red Fleet?"

No, I think it's more that in the panic, that's the first thing to come to mind. It certainly didn't last very long. [...]

Good. Pillauer Tiefe (Pillau Deep) was the location misnamed, for any reader puzzled what we're on about.

The IJN conclusion is a less serious one. "Was sich neckt, das liebt sich." as they say in my hometown.