Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update 194

lazarusdw

MUST PROTECT DOC.  Seriously though, when I asked the question, I expected them to be important, but I didn't expect them to be important such that the enemy would divert significant portions of their strength purely to engagement of Docs alone.  It's Rather telling, and I think that early in my campaign, I should do what I could to protect them.  I have a feeling it would go a long way to improve my campaigns throughout my gameplay.  That said, Korky's win is quite nice to hear.  Well done Herr Kapitän.

As for the dev note, which seems to have been overshadowed by the rest of the update, it's a little worrying to note that the android build will be set up after thanksgiving, as from what I understand BCS intends to deliver all parts together, so the computer and Apple variants, possibly complete already, are waiting for that android release.  Working on kickstarter rewards is a good sign though, depending on how you mean it.  Is it "Working on making sure kickstarter rewards are properly attributed to their in-game accounts" or is it "Working on making sure kickstarter belles / Items are actually in game"?

On 11/20/2020 at 5:59 PM, Legate of Mineta said:

lazarus;

If you're using standard American or German Torpedoes, you will come to *hate* Duds. ;)

Standard is the key here, I guess.

I take the kickstarter thing as a sign of almost completion. Now I fully believe in a 2020 release again.

Interesting intel about repair docks.

5 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

KK;

Exactly. You can spend R&D time perfecting them, if you wish. Although I imagine everyone will just try to get the Japanese Torpedoes ASAP and call it day. :)

I would get British torpedoes first, for two major reasons.
Firstly, most nations use a fairly standardized 533mm torpedo width.  The Japanese use a much longer and wider 610mm torpedo that would require much more significant modification of torpedo launchers and in a lot of cases, the hull of the ship.  British torpedoes follow the 533mm standard and can be much more easily fit.

Secondly, Japanese torpedoes have a serious issue with Oxygen.  It has a rather unfortunate side effect known as Thermobaric explosions.  It's like having a significantly sized fuel-air bomb on your deck.  Much as I'm the kind of crazy bastard to take my girls out for a date on their death-days... I would seriously hesitate to do so with Japanese torpedoes carried.

7 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Ninja;

I'm not going to deny that they can explode, but...they are efficient. :)

I was actually less concerned with the explosiveness than with the excessive modifications required to mount them and the logistical problems of supplying them to anyone who isn't Japan's bestest friend.

Ninja;

Alas, that is true. :)

Although of course it is significantly more easy to get ahold of them in VB than, say, in the real world.

Edit: I had to look it up- the weight of a Dual 61cm launcher, crew and magazine is ~29 tons, whereas a UK 21" Quad launcher, crew and magazine is ~25 tons. You'll have to decide if the 'stealth' and explosive power is worth it. :)

4 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

KK;

LOL!

Procyon;

There's going to be a little overage, so some will be available. But I can't say how much, for how long, though. :(

Okay!

I was not really in a position to maximize my support for this game in the past, so I would definitely love to do that for the future 😀