Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update 195

Käpt'n Korky

With only a handful of update weeks left, can we finally get a date for release if it is to be this year? Or if not, a statement that it will be next year and when abouts it would be? The worst would be to get to the last available update week and suddenly get dropped with "We won't be releasing it this year, won't be until next year".

1 hour ago, Legate of Mineta said:

W99;

Dunno, they're racing the clock. I do know that they plan on giving date info via the trailer, though.

So we're not getting a beta this year, but... we are getting a game trailer.  Eh, it's more than we've had since 2016.  That said, do we have an ETA on that trailer, Legate?

35 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Ninja;

I don't think they're prepared to say that you won't get the Beta this year, just that they're going to give the date in the trailer. :)

But I can't say myself. :)

There's not that many days left to choose from...

On 12/4/2020 at 8:46 AM, Legate of Mineta said:

W99;

Dunno, they're racing the clock. I do know that they plan on giving date info via the trailer, though.

A trailer?!

I look forward to seeing more Victory Belles media.  I am especially interested in hearing the ship-girls in their native tongue 😀

On 12/5/2020 at 12:13 PM, Käpt'n Korky said:

As a helpless oranjeboo, I consider every update with De Ruyter a win.

Getting the expectation lowered from beta to trailer is a small downer. 

Overall a great update. I really liked the first look.

True.  That being said, maybe some more media can help drum up some enthusiasm for the game...since it has been awhile since the initial campaign.

Heck!  Maybe another fundraising boost for beta keys + extra goodies could increase interest in the game once again.  There have been a lot of new ship-girl rivals that have arrived since the initial crowdfunding campaign for Victory Belles, most notably Abyss Horizon and Azur Lane.

They need to hit the ground running against such formidable foes, but I find a few aspects of Victory Belles more appealing than its rivals:

-Sensible costumes

-Native tongue

-Nice art

-Interesting lore

Are we to go update-less once again this week Legate?  We're getting awful close to that deadline, and if previous years are any indication, barring 2017 Christmas has been used as a break week.  Considering we've gone two weeks without an update this December, that actually marks it as the sparsest year yet for Holiday Season Updates.