Black Chicken Studios Forums

Introduce Yourself

dingbat91

I remember reading about the original method once. I think the only way to get there now is through the background which makes sense, but you'd think they'd want to recruit exceptional students. Well, there's always y2.

• 3 weeks later...

I tend to play slightly more action-oriented games most of the time (albeit I favor exploration over difficult combat), but RPG's do feature prominently in what I enjoy, and I must admit I'm a Harry Potter fanfiction addict lol so yeah that helps somewhat with my interest here.

• 2 months later...

Greetings 'n' salutations.  Here's a married boy, approaching middle age, with a decades-running addiction to RPG character design and intricate replay value -- i.e., this is one of my dream games.

Raised in Seattle and a few bits of Australia, I'm currently staying with retired parents in Queensland.  The short story is that of an over-educated (in the sense of not having applied most of my learning/training in any professional capacity) and underemployed (in the sense of indecision and non-careerism) mope, low on ambition and high on escapism, but with an expanding curiosity about "the real world" (particularly neuroscience) over the last decade.

Cheers!

P.S.  Judging by the fact that this window has consistently had one tab devoted to these forums and three tabs devoted to the Wikia site, I'll probably be found 'over there' more readily than 'here' for the time being.

On 8/17/2010 at 5:25 PM, Legate of Mineta said:

Please report all bugs and typos on the support forum. We take them quite seriously, and will address each that we can.

Is there not a sticky of typo reports?  (Since I have a copyeditor alter-ego, I was going to ask a few questions about protocol here, then figured they'd get answered if I poked around the support forum.  But I'm not seeing any clear repository of typo reports over there, and a search only turns up uses of the word 'typo' in scattered posts.)

• 4 months later...

Good evening, all. I have played Academagia for some time, and am quite pleased with the game. Like many here, I am partial to roleplaying games of various kinds. I generally do not engage on forums such as this, but in this case I have made an exception. I look forward to discussing the world that the developers and this community have created. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Greetings, Those of Academagia!

A mere spectre as of the moment, a phantom of curiosity if you will. I own a Mac (but Bootcamp for the win!), and have found this game to be of potent intrigue. Due to certain considerations, I must wait before possibly purchasing it (through Steam primarily)...but in the meantime I wished to forward my salutations and present to any of you a chance!

A chance to truly sell me on this world. Whatever you think may work. (I daresay, it'll probably be unnecessary, the game looks interesting and the fanbase here seems very dedicated which is good to see...but thought this would be fun.)

~Ghost of Potential Times to Come

Welcome to the Forum @Eludrian 

Year 1 is a timeslot management game that have many great adventure told like chose your own adventure books. In my personal opinion the best rewarding way to play this game is at start to split your time between forming a clique of friends, study for your class and going on adventures. Once your done with your studies for year 1 you the can focus mostly on the adventures. But there other ways to play this game as well! I.e. want to be the most popular kid at school? Maybe learn an instrument and perform with it in front of your fellow students. Even the aim to be the bad apple that want to be thrown out of the school is a possibility although that is probably one of the most difficult paths you can chose. 

As you might have seen when checking Steam and this Forum there is no Year 2, at last for now, despite Year 1 was published long ago and this have discouraged some people. So it  is best to take year 1 as a standalone game even if it sadly means there is no good real ending for this year! But that simply also means you can set your own goals what you want to reach in year 1. 

15 hours ago, Eludrian said:

Greetings, Those of Academagia!

A mere spectre as of the moment, a phantom of curiosity if you will. I own a Mac (but Bootcamp for the win!), and have found this game to be of potent intrigue. Due to certain considerations, I must wait before possibly purchasing it (through Steam primarily)...but in the meantime I wished to forward my salutations and present to any of you a chance!

A chance to truly sell me on this world. Whatever you think may work. (I daresay, it'll probably be unnecessary, the game looks interesting and the fanbase here seems very dedicated which is good to see...but thought this would be fun.)

~Ghost of Potential Times to Come

I recommend for you, as a guide to the setting, my writings here:

@Schwarzbart

Thank ye for the reply. Game looks fun though I’m already struggling to figure out what to do my first go through. Already want to do all the classes! If I was a real mage trainee, my head would have exploded by now simply cause I’d have to not do some things. (Only Magic Schools do I go full Hermione Granger.)

I am also aware of Y2 not being out yet via research, yes. Sad but it looks like it’s being worked on at least. Will be happy to simply enjoy what I can! Thank you again!

@Legate of Mineta

*bows before you* Thank you for the warm welcome. I look forward to enjoying the world you helped shape.

@Rhialto

Thank you for the link. I have read and appreciate the food for thought you’ve given. Much appreciated! Always nice to see another resident writer as well, as I’ve spied your other works too. :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...