Black Chicken Studios Forums

Introduce Yourself

dingbat91

Haha! If I actually had Negated gravity on someone, it probably would have been on someone who displayed a great amount of hubris, (Ah, I don't know anything, but I'm a noble so you need to respect me, blah hlah) Then I'd make them sweat for a few minutes, and then teach them how to negate the spell themselves, teaching them what an asshole they were to deserve some humiliation, and then also teaching them a bit of magic too!

That's what I call hard love. Teach them some hard knocks while still having some mercy.

But since this forum isn't quite representitive of real life I do display my snarkier, more cynical side....

huh, well. Maybe you could tutor. I'd take a different approach:

So, you are a noble huh, that is amazing, really. To think you were born to power. Humm... then they must have taught you levitation right? No? shall I show you?

now... what was the negation spell? What? I can't hear you! Speak louder! Get you down? OH I WISH I COULD BUT I AM LATE FOR CLASS! TRY FLAOTING TOWARDS THAT TOWER AND THEN GRAP HOLD OF SOMETHING. I'LL FIND YOU ONCE CLASS IS OVER.

Strictly speaking I did nothing to him that he didn't ask for. So he can't really make a fuss. They might give me a rap over my fingers for neglect, but if they didn't want me to go to class they should just say so.

As I see it it is a win-win. He learns not to boast, I get rid of some stress. He gets to see the area from a birds eye perspective. I get to skip class once in a while (to *help* the little kid who got himself into trouble). Besides, my incantation spells are average at best, and the spell was done in a hurry. He won't float higher than second store and maybe only for twenty minutes. max.

oh. And he gets to see the neat shifting-picture walls of the infirmary! All in one swoop

Haha! Keep in mind that if said noble pushed my patience for as long as I could endure, refusing to acknowledge where they were in the wrong,

I might very well leave them up there, (showing off my Negation skills)

turning them pink, (Revision)

Soaking wet, (Incantation)

With a giant ball of light surrounding and showcasing them (Glammour)

I'd also work my Astrology knowledge to work it so as many people saw the spoiled brat as possible. I'd make it very clear that I can either be your best friend or your worst enemy. Respect me and I'll respect you. You can only benefit if you can only swallow your pride.

Edit: LOL! I really do fit in with Aranaz! Although Some might say that "the power of friendship" doesn't fit, you also need to realize that "fearing pissing me off" is not quite the same as "My clique is named superbuds!" ;)

Don't tell me you are afraid of NOT passing? You know what we do with people who fail their exams don't you? Believe me, the actual flunking should be the LEAST of your concerns. :D

right right, I am going. I had something to do in the library anyway.

• 1 month later...

Hi, Sara. :)

Saves can be transfered though it's a little hard to find the location.

Basically you need to find the /users/appdata/roaming/academagia folder, and from there you take the file(s) you want to copy into the new PC. Nothing else to it. Let us know if you need more help.

• 5 months later...

SDF's avatar is kind of what I would expect an older wizard students dog familiars to look like. Especialy if you taught them some research skills!

It would be great if during class Icould send my familiar off to do some research and/or fetch a book, sucess would depend on the familiars skills... Alternatively the event or adventure could start with you playing the wizard, then asthe wizard sends the familiar away then you can play the familiar until you complete or misserably fails the familiar advenure/event.

Then at completion youre playing the wizard again and your familiar returns one way or another. Or alternatively gets sent to the infirmary if criticaly injured in its adventure.

Familiars got hitpoints/Health? I think they got stress Points though, at the very least.

It might be hard to implement but I really liked playing the familiars from time to time. I really enjoyed the Hawks solo adventure. It did requier me to put in a lot of training sessions and improved familiar handling to complete its afventure :)

Will completing or partialy completing your familiars adventure affect year 2?

Even getting it's own nest is an achivement, but becoming a hero among birds and even some other creatures shoudl ammount to something. That Hawk is pretty heroic.

I had to put a lot of work and training into my Hawk to pull it off!

Now I got a fairly impressive familiar, least in the skills it needed.

I even taught it languages and found out there was some kind of ancient bird language with writings of past events and what my familiar needed to do.

Would it be possible to teach you familiar enough language skills and magic skills to help it "talk" eventualy?

I want to get a second familiar, I guess I need the relevant skills for it first though, a parrot would be nice. It woudln't even need magic to talk, and language training would help it get better at talkign and communicating alogn with social skills. It would be an awesome familiar.

a talking spider would be really interesting. i imagine it being all dapper and existential. probably with a french accent. and, maybe a cigarette.

i feel like writing something now where a character is trying to study for a big test while his chain-smoking spider familiar pops in and out spouting quasi-philosophical rants on the futility of taking tests