Black Chicken Studios Forums

Questions thread

dingbat91

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Draigh;

Difficulty is decided by the Location itself- when you Explore, any Locations which have a Difficulty equal to or less than your Explore Roll are possible for you to find.

Research requires a blanket number of 'Research Points', usually 10, to reach the next level. The amount of points you accrue is determined by your Research Roll.

Edit: There is no way to focus your Exploration, although that is a previous suggestion. In Year 2 there is a system similar to that, though.

11.a Can you let me know the Student in question? I would like to look at that Ability.

That would be Rixenda la Serenada of Vernin College, with her Scavenger Tales ability, I believe.

Oh, and another question:

Where can I find my save games if I'm using Windows XP?

I don't have a path such as this: Your Profile -> MyApps -> Local or Roaming -> Academagia

I even searched my hard drives for the saves, but it still came empty. But they must be somewhere, seeing as how I can load and save games. any idea?

The path on XP would be:

My Computer -> C:\ -> Documents & Settings -> (Your Profile Name) -> AppData -> Academagia

Unfortunately I still cannot find the savegames. My computer's folder structure appears to be different from that one. For example, there is no "AppData" folder(or Application Data or anything like it) anywhere inside the folder. I can find it inside Documents & Settings by the name of "Application Data", but there is no Academagia folder, or any .ams files in sight, even with the Search engine.

I am using the Impulse version of the game, perhaps that affects the files?

Can the savegames be traced to their origin somehow? The folder where it saves the games must read somewhere.

But perhaps this is getting too difficult. It may be the bugs and such I am encountering are due to some inherent error in the way my computer is built.

Tiavals;

No, it should not- the problem, I suspect, is that the 'AppData' folder is hidden from you. If you follow these steps:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/h...iddenfiles.mspx

...you should be able to see the folder.

...this definitely adds weight to the suggestion that saves be housed in the Academagia directory, that's for sure. :)

Hi, first post and just a quick question which I have tried to search for unsuccessfully;

Is there a quick visual way of seeing where you are in the year?

I saw a post which listed out the months and where mid-terms came but a quick, on-screen visual reminder would be most

helpful when planning and prioritising your study diary and when to concentrate more academically.

Loving the game....very addictive.

--

Chav

--

Chav;

Great to hear!

There is no overall view, although the idea is a good one. I do not think for Year 1 will be able to introduce that concept, but for Year 2 I think we can work in either an overview page, a UI graphic which shows you time remaining, or both.

Thanks, and welcome to the forums. ;)

Thanks for the prompt reply.

No problems. I`m one of those types who plan ahead and micromanage their diaries so as to not be caught short when studying for exams (Thats in real life LOL)

so anything which could be added (even a counter - days remaining until mid-terms etc) would be appreciated.

--

Chav

--

On the subject;

I have been studying a bit too hard and all six of my subjects are 10-10 or above. Even the classes aren't learning me anything anymore.

What should I do? Start skipping classes so I can spend more time exploring/adventuring/training?

I like being a good student, but I have reached the edge for my choosen subjects and want to spend time on other things.

Can you add a feature that once you reach 10's in all subjects you get to take a grand exam and be excused for classes for the rest of the year? Or add something to keep them interesting? Like prestudying for year two? Or helping out the teacher as an assistant?

Or at least be labbeled a prodigy and/or genius? So you feel like you accomplished something?

Draigh;

A lot of things are going to be importing over- stats, relationships, possessions, things that you know about, Adventures you've been on, as well as several hidden values and flags.

Vegejor;

Only the most enlightened schools wouldn't make you sit there in class and answer roll call. ;)

I don't think we can do anything with a grand exam, but it's an idea we can mull over for the sequel. We might be able to do something for when you reach 10 in all Study Levels- maybe a special Adventure? I like the idea of being a T.A., but that will come in Year 2.

Yeah but can you see my point that there is nothing to be gained by reaching the top level so early?

In fact it cuts you short as alot of random events don't give you anything anymore.

Just asking if there isn't something that can be done to make it worthwhile. ;)

Ok I found something strange;

For a part of the pirates quest you can choose coordination. So I trained it up till ten.

Guess What; still is purple. Is it a bug?

You got to be kidding me! I spend 2 months on this particular quest and raising the needed skills.

And let me correct myself; at coordination lvl 9 it is red, at coordination lvl 10 it turns purple.

Still this is something that annoys me greatly. Perhaps add a warning for the quest before you waste half a school year trying to do something you can't.

EDIT; don't get me wrong, I am not mad at you or anything. Mad at the game, yes, mad at myself for wasting half a day and half a school year. But not mad at you. I still apreciate your feedback, even when I don't like "it".

Vegejor;

Depending on your Intelligence Attribute, you are fairly close to success: you need greater than a 14. If your Intelligence is 3 or higher, you can be successful. Otherwise, you will need to look for ways to boost your Coordination.

We have a suggestion already a request to color-code the Adventures according to your Skills, so you can better judge when an Adventure is out of your league or not. That said, especially on the 'Story' Adventures, you can see Difficulties over 20. You need to be fully prepared to accomplish these.

My intelligence is 4, my coordination is 10.

So according to you I "can" be succesfull. That is great to hear, but why is it colored purple then? Which means impossible to complete.

I am now utterly confused. ;)

It threw me for a bit too, as I raised some skills to 10 and couldn't get anywhere.. I was near to reporting it as a possible bug, then I tried a spell, and wa-la, green instead of red, because of the +6 to that ability..

So i made it to the next stage in the Captain quest, and was walled off again, but some more impossible at 10 choices that I didn't have a spell for. ;)

Guess that spell studies matter!

Archived