Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

I think random events tied to an emotional state would be interesting. For example, if you were feeling humiliated, you might have a chance at getting one of a certain set of emotion-related events; maybe depending on the exits, you'd have a chance of removing the emotion, or gaining/losing a skill step depending on how you chose to handle the situation. Perhaps for a good emotion, you might have a chance at extending the emotion a day beyond where it would normally wear off due to stress, etc.

I remember reading that there will be a map in year 2, but what about some smaller maps as attached to, for example, a few certain lores you get when you delve deeply into some research topic? It would be interesting to find maps of the world or regions in the course of your studies in-game. Of course I don't mean totally accurate maps, especially for less-known areas. Many world maps from the 1400s-1600s and before look very strange compared to what we know about the continents today, but still have interesting and informative elements despite their inaccuracies. Disregard this if there's already a clear and concise in-game understanding of the geography of the whole of Elumia; I don't remember that being the case, but perhaps it is. This would be nice from a flavor perspective. That said, I understand that art is expensive.

Legate!

Being gone for so long has made me crazy and school is not making things easy (especially when I saw all that First Class Honours thing that Schwarzbart and Freespace wanted <_< )

But more importantly this article is pretty important and I hope you all take this to heart.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-10-30-indies-market-early-and-often-or-sink-into-obscurity

Not saying that you should market too early since people are becoming really cynical of early promises BUT note the market often part.

I think it would be a great help in visibility if Academagia year 1 will get in on of the big Bundle deal ~1 Month before Year 2 hit the stores.

Even if Scheherazade is so fare is not successful in Greenlight I think BCS should still Greenlight Year 2 because of the visibility this generates and only as Bonus for the chance to get on Steam.

Leoshi;

Thanks for the article! I think we agree that exposure is important, maybe even the dominant factor, but as you note we are wary of making early promises.

Still, we are very conscious of the need to advertise, and that will accelerate once we're ready to make commitments. :)

As for Schwarzbart's note, we intend to Greenlight Academagia Y2 regardless, as that, too, is good advertising. And we'd like to be on Steam. :)

I was looking for a good place where Field Medicine could be thought and then I spot it.

How about let people who use Gentle Doctor also learn Field Medicine?

And if it not get to much maybe even add a +1 relationship with a random 1 student?

(I mentioned it in a writers corner discussion already but I think it is better mentioned here)

Can the Team make a new Lore at Palletes 1 and write something about this skill that give basic info what this skill is used for?

So fare I thought its about the Pallete we use to cast our spells on but just today I learned

Palettes, the Enchanting Skill?

You are learning here about how to create semi-stable Palettes *inside* an object, which is how most Enchantments actually work. They essentially stabilize a spell which is releasing its energy very slowly inside of an object.

In the first year, of course, your investigations are pretty rudimentary, but that's the concept you are trying to learn with that Sub-Skill.

But this info is no where to found in the game even worse there are just 2 lore that say absolute nothing about this skill and the info also says nothing not even that Palette is usual the place between the border where we put our Pheme on to cast a spell.

It's just that for phemes it sounds like it's knowledge of rare and exotic ones, not how to draw them better, and palettes, despite being under enchant, seem to be for general use.

at least according to their descriptions.

Exams for the extra schools aswell?

The dream of a studyholic.

If nothing else, maybe as an "Adventure" enabled by paying the fee and at the very least having basic study levels and skills required.

Perhaps a series of adventures related to this school which end with the exam, and or possibly a graduation.

How many out-of-context interface elements will be there in Year 2? I mean things like Controlling (Mastery) took up a prominent position on the interface despite how unlikely you are to touch or discover it.

A "other school" tab would be neat depending on your implementation.

Actually I don't know what to suggest but I thought it'd be nice to bring that up before year 2

The other thing I would love is having a quote / short self-introduction in each student's bio.

Perhaps the lores "actions" "emotions" "cliques" "Durations" and "Difficulty" should be unlocked right at the start as well as similar ones. That would greatly ease the learning curve.