Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

After the summerholiday I would assume the Hawk and other familiars return to their Academy homes.

I would immagine that all kinds of things could have happend to it's home built of twigs during the summer.

So, time commes to rebuild it, patch it up..... Or, maybe it gets a new idea based on Archtecture, Carpentry and or possibly Revision to fix the home into something sturdier. Or at least incantation to Clean it up and dry away the water and moisture.

As the familiar's bond grows stronger and it learn more human skills it should become more human in it's expectations, while it would still be a bid, it might start to consider "options", to fix the waterdamage and other issues with it's dwelling.

Maybe Revise a glass roof to keep the water out while allowing mostly unobstructed visibility, the way a Hawk would want it..(if it had been an architect.) Finnishing the improved home could provide a small boost to Charm, since you sleep better, you don't get weet all time and perhaps the prestigeful feeling makes you exhue that quality.

I can't recall, did any of the other familiars build a home?

Maybe there is a squater there that you have to get rid of Before you can fix your home. The Hawks adventures always seem to involve strife and hardships with the World around it. Maybe that Hawk Familiar Event should start on the first day of your Return to the Academagia, for it to make sense, (evicting the squater).

At the same time that should make it a good adventuring partner, since it's used to the challenges that Life and adventure brings.

Also, I really think it needs a talonstrike attack, even if the other skills it can learn will be way better.

1-2 damage to vitality and 1 damage to the oponents Courage. (not sure how useful Courage is anyway, but it makes sense seeing as how it could make that guy who was tailing you flee by attacking from the trees.

• 2 weeks later...

I think for the replay factor it might be good that even for for player who start a new char at Y2 if the free class picks of the students in Y2 are kind of different at each game start.

Some of the free picks might depend on the skill sets you build for your characters, I would assume. Someone with massive amounts of skills would probably have an easier time fitting anywhere or any class.

I assume we will get some kind of Skill steps to allocate, your allocated stats will effect the expenses for different skills at the start of character Creation in year 2?

Year 2 characters will definately need more skills than a first year from the system used in the first year character creator... Or maybe it will be similar but you pick packages of skills from schools and experiences from the characters past from the previous year and Before that Point.

I foresee that, in some cases they might want to know which student attends a certain class so that they can include an interesting one in acertain event where their personality would be relevant.

Too many free picks and several events and Adventures will get limited to a small pick of students or a random generic pick student. If completely random on each student, then we might endup with every student picking Revision, making it the most popular one :P

I can see the argument for completely random picks but I also think they tend to pick subjects they have a knack for.

Wouldn't it be great if a player who is able to take 2 extra class or have the secret beckground and be able to take 1-2 extra class would get the offer to have them all in 1 time slot at a different cost (i.e. fatigue or health drain)?

That would be interesting, not sure how you make it optional thoguh, or maybe it's not optional but rather an ever increasing burden. Normaly 1 timeslot = 3 classes, so it should be doable, and I guess each extra class added beyond the normal amount would be draining.

It's bound to cost you some bonus emotions though that got some really nice buffs whe your stress is at an all times low.

Then you got the administration skill that's designed to counteract such stress when doing ardous droning. Like working for the clerks, if you got a lot of Administration skill you're able to avoid the stress build up since you're organised and that makes it all a lot easier for you to keep track of everything with Little effort.

Being orderly could certainly make it easier for you, aswell as having good study habits. That would requier you to pickup those skills though. Which had Little or no importance in Year 1.

Maybe the first check should be study habits, do you sit down and pickup your homework and try to do it, which will decrease the stress compared to failing misserably on even atempting to manage the extended workload. After that Administration would make it easier for your to sort through the homework and manage the workload and pace. Sometimes Study habits might be replaced by a test given by your extra mentors, perhaps an event where you use your Test taking skills rather than studyhabits to manage the tests. and sometimes perhaps some practical tests requiering one of your actual subject skills.

Maybe the stress could be based on the amount of extra "classes/tutoring" you're taking and your ability to manage the workload. In addition to studying and Learning the skills of course.

Academagia is my favrite graphicnovel/rpg(or whatever it should be called) due to it's Deep and varied skillsets and the massive amount of possibilites provided. Not to mention thevast amount of characters, people and stories.

I immagine that also makes it a lot of work to build as a developer.

My idea would be more along a device that allow you to do 2 or even 3 things that would be happen at the same time.

Some posibility are temporary clones that share the expirience after the effect ends or a effect that send the user back in time a few hours to be able to be at 2 or 3 places at the same time.

Both effects I mentioned are clearly taxing for the user and that why the device has strict limiter set so it can't be used at other days / times and for sure not more then 1 or 2 times a day.

Maybe the device should also take away the free casting/item use slot assigned to this timeslot.

I'm sll for crazy potentially unhealth options to push beyond natual human limitations. That's after all what star athletes try every day, why not similar insane dedication from a studyholic character ;)

What was her name in Harry potter. Hermione or whatever... She manipulated time to be able to attend more classes, and yes, some kind of enchanted glamoured clones to attend extra classes... yeah sure, but how do you explain it to the professors, I'm not sure they would be happy about having a fake student that's only paying attention by Proxy...

But, yeah, I like the idea, I Think we talked about this a few months ago :)

I think early on it was. If it isn't anymore, they should update the location description to match the reality

The school probably tries to tracks new Gates users somehow, so it wouldn't surprise me if they send you a letter if you picked up enough skill to become noticable, especially if you used a Gates spell in an adventure.

The watcher has some way of finding out you were studying Mastery. Also, I would imagien that the legal implication of Gates and Mastery is more of an obsession for the non wizard people than wizards in general who have their own issues with Mastery and Gates on a more philosophical level.

At one Point the Legate even asked Ilaro to teleport the PC back to school. He also seemed somewhat too friendly with a Gates user ;) Apparently they still got an issue with Illaro stealing stuff from the school. But the Legate seems to see it more as a game with an old friend.

While Illaro is certainly moraly questionable, he doesn't seem to be a complete psycho like Calligula or those insane gates users.

Actually, The watcher adventure is acquired through having a mere blackmail skill of 2. While that is shady, it doesn't really compare to Mastery use. "Via Aeris" sounds like a glamour name to me, so it's unlikely (though possible) that the watcher uses the dark magic.

And Ilaro is a known rogue who doesn't have much reputation to lose, although if his teleportation is true Gates, then that would imply that safe teleportation is indeed possible with all the ramifications thereof.

Though I will point out that sido in his class adventure points out once that it was wizards, not non-mages, who had the bans put in place.

Actually, The watcher adventure is acquired through having a mere blackmail skill of 2. While that is shady, it doesn't really compare to Mastery use. "Via Aeris" sounds like a glamour name to me, so it's unlikely (though possible) that the watcher uses the dark magic.

And Ilaro is a known rogue who doesn't have much reputation to lose, although if his teleportation is true Gates, then that would imply that safe teleportation is indeed possible with all the ramifications thereof.

Though I will point out that sido in his class adventure points out once that it was wizards, not non-mages, who had the bans put in place.

Interesting, I havn't done Sidos class adventure. I might have missed something there.

albert;

Early on, it was- there were a few hidden steps needed to enroll there. It was pretty popular, though, so they decided to make it a Background for ease of entry.

I *think* you can still access the school through the old way, but now you need some pretty lucky (and rare) rolls.

Maybe it should make a return in Year 2, with a new chance to find it, especially given, that's where it will truly make a difference. Possibly something you can stumble over during the summer, perhaps by running across member of the faculty that recognises your skillsets somehow and misstakes you for a student, then realizes you arn't, and perhaps extends an invitation... An Adventure. (Don't want to write it myself though ;) ) It's far more fun exploring other peoples works :)

Perhaps you were sitting somewhere waiting and doing some Gates related wand movements imagining gating all the way home, the wand movement exercise as you figured it out to be, is actually a secret Shohanwitch handshake, of which you're completely unaware. (Requiers quite a bit of Gates Points, especialy Gates methods I guess. Gates Methods 8 or more maybe?

To be more specific, you can't, at least not from what I'm reading in the mod tools. The Determine the Next Step to Schohanwicht Entry ability still exists, and it will reveal Euneycia's Haven, but without the background you cannot access her adventure and, in turn, Schohanwicht. Like her haven's description now says, If you have no family connection to this house in the bog, all you can do is stand outside of it and enjoy a 1 point Increase to Zoology for the duration of your stay.

Mind you, finding the Schohanwicht School location in the first place will take either Beatrix von Wetgen's Clique ability or a Luck/Explore roll v.999, based on how I've been told that Exploration Difficulty works, and in both cases some specific number rolled on a 1d94 to actually be informed of the Schohanwicht School as opposed to any other location in Elumia proper, including several other rooms inside said school. Unlikely, to say the least.