Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Not great but maybe still have its use

There was once a bully his name was Thully.

In the school there was no one stronger then him and so he forced them to do his whim.

His homework where done by a snitch called Elritch.

Thully soon was the thorn of the Professor at his dorm,

he now spend his time at detention with no redemption.

2 months at school his weekends was taken with Hall Sessions, no fun.

The 3th month he faced the Regents and Legate at the thing called Praetexta Court

but he refused to yield so he lost his chance

Then he was never seen again seen at his school Academagia at name, what a gain.

Other Suggestion maybe the Phase Walking in the Turtle adventure can renamed in Dream Walking to make it clear that it have nothing to do with Gate?

Not great but maybe still have its use

In the school there was no one stronger then him and so he forced them to do his whim.

The 3th month he faced the Regents and Legate at the thing called Praetexta Court

but he refused to yield so he lost his chance

Then he was never seen again seen at his school Academagia at name, what a gain.

Other Suggestion maybe the Phase Walking in the Turtle adventure can renamed in Dream Walking to make it clear that it have nothing to do with Gate?

The 3rd month he faced the Regents and Legate to litigate at the Praetexta Court

but he refused to yield so he lost on this to him new battlefield.

Then he was never seen again at his school Academagia at name, what a gain.

Exerpt from a first year Grammar students homework assignment.

/Played around with it a Little...

It's never been my thing, but I did win a price once when my teacher forced me to partake in some kind of poem contest.

Still, I would want a description with lots of meat on it ;) The grown up description of it, even if the student perspectives and phuns can be very entertaining :) Maybe they could be added to the Law skills some how?

Or research. I do think the Praetexta Court explanations and lore should be fairly accessible to the Academagia students. Since it's an Academagia thing. Perhaps available at more than one Place.

The Imperial temple could be deeper into that Law skill or Research.

Magsa _Nembo's adventure for the extra credit's, if you use passion to play the instrumentsthe story tells you you earn Music extra credit, but in the end of the day report you gain 2 Music study levels. I guess Idon't mind gettign 2 Music study levels(even if I don't study Music) It's nice to get some formal education out of the preparations and work with a Music studnets who I'm sure could teach you a thing or two. But, where are those Music extra credits? :P

Also, perhaps cooking skills could improve your potionmaking skill(year 2 or3).... If only taste, smell and looks had a value in potions. Improved presentation of your potion should matter. (Slightly Improved value)

There was this event where Asmita could help you make a potion more palatable.

How is the Page background handled in combination with wealthy and noble?

I think some good way could be that the player char was send of to a other noble for education reasons, because the family had some bad years or even as war trophy.

The other noble family then mistreat the player as page instead of a noble like them. Especial with the Battle Born background this could make sense.

A other way could be that that the player's parents only became noble recently but that is less flexible and I somehow doubt there many new noble title given in the last years.

How is the Page background handled in combination with wealthy and noble?

I think some good way could be that the player char was send of to a other noble for education reasons, because the family had some bad years or even as war trophy.

The other noble family then mistreat the player as page instead of a noble like them. Especial with the Battle Born background this could make sense.

A other way could be that that the player's parents only became noble recently but that is less flexible and I somehow doubt there many new noble title given in the last years.

Maybe the parrents thought it would be educational because you were a "Hellion" as a kid, it taught you manners after all.... For your own good... Maybe you attended an old relative, a grandmother/aunt or something, and she was quite demanding expecting certain standards.

Kind of like parrents sending their kid of for military schooland all kinds of correctional institutions when they become too bothersome to teach them manners and beat the spoiled runt out of them.(also for their own good supposedly, or maybe they just never wanted the kid, depends on the parrents, in the case of Blacksheep it would make total sense for it to have happend without a reason)

Sometimes as a favor to the kid(good upbringing, when the first atempts failed), sometimes to help that elderly relative or both, sometimes just to get rid of the kid maybe or treat them like Cinderella.... Plenty of Reasons and possibilities.

One of those events in Negation where you use a "Retrieval Glyph" to summon/pull your wand to yourself in case you lost it. Is that part of skill that will be taught in Year 2?

What is a Glyph anyway? is it something that activates an enchantment in an item or Another type of magic? The event says you formed the Glyph with Hand gestures and then phemes start to glisten between your hands and your wand.

Or is it some kind of simplified magic for a set of limited effects?

Still seems useful, seeing as it can help you get your wand back if you loose it, especialy if you can't reach it.

Seems Midway between willing a spell into existance and actually drawing the phemes.

I'm guessing there should be more glyphs you could perform wandlessly? Or is it dependant on an enchantment in the object you're interacting with?

Still, if it had anything to do with enchantment then that could still be useful if you store spell effect into walls, rocks or trees etz, and you're then allowed to activate them with ease and let loose effects and spells when needed. Like light spells, or trapping spells or disarming spells or even attack spells.

There are a lot of situations in the game where you do things or things happen that arn't described or explained.

It likely can't have been a typo Glyph/Pheme sicne it's also been said that you need at least two phemes to form a spell.

Loved the event otherwise. But what was it about? Is it an Enspell related skill maybe? Enchantment? something new? Old but new to the character.

Honors Plafox was involved in the event, not sure if it's a random thoguh, had theevent Before, but I gave it some more thoguht this time and reread the whole text.

Also, if I get enough Botany extra credit for example to equal a passign grade... does that give me passed class with a grade in the years final grades? A bonus class? Or will it simply be some kind of honorary grading or something? After all, I didn't study the normal way or attend the classes, but I might have put a lot of effort into getting the extra credits.

I Heard that extra credits outside of your calss will be noted in your grades, but, I'm wondering how that works. If the points are too few will it show simply as a failed class?

Parrents and possibly teachers and potential employers in the future might care more about it than the student finds it practicaly useful, but still. How will such academic work be recognized?

Maybe they should ask you to attend a special test to ensure you actually got some skills in the course you got extra credits in? I know people have asked about extra tests Before :P

Since it's there, it would be interesting to learn more about how the system works.

Also, since we will be able to take extra classes with professors in year 2, I guess there would be a way for the school to handle such things, which could be adapted for the situation..

Botany seems to be the easiest class to get extra credits in. 5 extra credits from Wickerys favour.

The other classes that offer them seem capped at 3. Which certainly makes it more challenging. Weazel Words does offer you a fairly fast boost, when you get to 9 Points with your instructor you can use Curry Favor to get the 10th Point and one extra merit Point on top.

Then hope you get something nice.

Anyway, I'm running one of those playthroughs right now... Time to pass a bonus class!

Does that affect your academic choices/options or similar within the school? For future years?

Qualification for future jobs, assignments/adventures?

I guess that qualifies for a somewhat Studyholic Academic playthrough :P I'll try to do soem of the more significant adventures for my character though :)

Seems like a good addition for potionmaking and artifacting. Not necessary but it helps it would seem.

Comes home to his family and shows them the grades:

Proud Student(Studyholic): Look! I got the top grade in every class I took! Top of the Class!

Parrent: But you only got a passing grade on Botany, we do know how to read!

Proud Student(Studyholic): That's only a bonus class, I never went to a single lecture, I never even took the exam, the School just thought i deserved it anyway ;) Because I'm incredible!

Aunt: Then perhaps you could help me with the weeds in my garden, and all those nasty fireants that are eating my herbs.

The Goblin underground seems to be one source of rare and often illegal items, but the Black Falcon Costers seems to be Another with a fairly significant operation.

Perhaps they could be alternative suppliers for adventures, and supplies of less than legal stuff? Especialy in year 2 and onwards.

I assume there is a memory that can be used to determine if it's a possible chocie for adventures and shoping.

Shouldn't Private Chariot be somewhat harder to cast? 5 v Incantation spells seems somewhat to easy to summon a magical chariot that takes you for a ride. It sounds fairly advanced imo, almost more Revision like in part.

Maybe it should have been Enspell, but that's possibly too rare a skill in year 1 among normal students.

Reason being that it seems to requier more than incantation to create a Chariot, unless it's made of magical ice that lasts for 3 Days and powered by magic.

Still 5 V incantation spells seems somewhat easy for something like that.

Not sure what other people Think, but it seems like one of the more impressive incantation spells due to duration and Control in Creation/transforming.

Curse of the Branding Iron Counts is a revision. Sounds a littlebit Mastery like thoguh, but then again, some mastery stuff was taken in by Revision. At the same time, Revision can be sued to boost stats, but I don't assosiate revision with causing serious pain, if's usualy healing and gentle buffing.

It's extremely powerful for getting the Bonds going, but the description makes it sound like a very cruel spell. But I can't deny how effective it is if you got improved familiarhandling, train familiar and explore with your familiar.

You can useit two tiems beforethe losses cancels out the gain's. But at that Point you're Close to the be able to throw in the end atribute abilities.

Especialy if you stored Improved familiar handling in a quickslot, then you can use it while it's in reload.... You will boost quite a few bond levels in just a few Days.

So, it isn't that hard to get a familiar going. But the spell does sound rather cruel to your mailiar with all the pain and such.

Then again, the character can choose to do fairly painful things to push the boundries. Still, you're doing it to your poor familiar who hasn't really got a choice.

Still, I guess it's far less moraly questionable than Gift of the familiar when the familiar isn't dying and you're just being weird and never want to have a familiar ever again.(after getting those 10 bond levels)

I've been playing around with the familiar training quite a bit, it's kind of a science of it's own. Ignoring your familiar entierly seems like a poor choice for a student that wants to excell.

This post I made, makes me think, perhaps this spell, which seems quite special could have an event, kind of like "Boost in Gates" the first time you use it.

Where you prepare your familiar for what's to come and explain it as a teambuilding experience :P Where you kind of get the familiars permission(even if it's got Little choice). Kind of how the Sync people ask for permission Before mastering Another person, which could be quite the traumatic experience.

Maybe you could use familiarkinship or animalhusbandry to accomplish that, by understanding your companion better and motivating it into believing it's for the good of the team.

It's a useful spell but it sounds somewhat evil when you do it to another being if it's with out permission, and it's only good for getting your bond going, after that it costs a lot to use.

How will classes work in Y2? will be be taking more advanced intermediate classes, or will there be a few Basic classes asell for those who didn't take the Basic class?

I immagine people will want to attend deeperstudies unless they truly want to be omniddiciplinarians who prefer to have grades in a field as possible.

Basic skills will get an increase to max skill level by 10, does that include all skills or just the skills taught at school or in classes you sign up for?

Also, I head atributes would matter less to more advanced skill studies, what will matter there? Basic skills and study levels? Basic skills to provide a basic and intuitive understanding of the skill type and Studylevels to understand the academic language and instructions?

If it's just Class skills that get this automatic boost then perhaps the Gates school should give a skill maximum boost, that would certainly makeup for the extra classes it will take up and perhaps some cool content on top of that :)

I'm not sure if Spy and heraldry skill maximums should increase automaticaly or at that amount, it doesn't seem like soemthign the school is teaching. though you might bet a small boost for getting older and more experienced, I guess.

Maybe +5 for gettign older and +5 for taking/having taken a class.

How will those things work? I could see backgrounds and organisation affiliation possibly giving a Point aswell. Or an adventure where you get the expansion to your maximum through instruction and/or experience.