Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Metis why post-apocalyptic let just get one of the old lingering spells mix up with a powerful new magic in unexpected ways so the complete academy had to be evacuated and the player have to find out in a 2 1/2 D RPG what happened and how to fix it. A changing "dungeon" set up can be easy reasoned with all the magic at work especial gate magic.

• 1 month later...

Will there be a continuation to that hidden Temple Quest where you can take or destroy that "Staff of the Eye".

Given it's ancient artifact status it seems to have the potential for more "Research" and adventure if you keept it, with perhaps some secrets to give away when you get more skilled and reach a level where you realize it's potential.

In year 1 it doesn't seem that powerful at all, but it reeks of dark and powerful potential. Like a tool for espionage and possibly Gates related stuff, aswell as Glamour since that's clearly part of it's enchantments.

If you destroyed it then that might be it, but if you keept it then it could be an interesting item to study. The most important belonging to a "hero" from the days when humanity rebelled against the dragons. Even if she turned out to be an anti-hero, who had dark sides to her story but still on the side of humanity struggle it could be interesting to unravel her special abilities/magics which might not be common knowledge these day. Her so called Legacy, which was hinted to be stored in the staff. The draining and repurposing of draconic power at your whim. (Such an ability might have made others weary of her)

Also, having alternate paths to aquire knowledge and especialy dark knowledge might throw the Watcher and dragons, Diavesque and other people off when they think they are the ones controlling your progress and growth in power, when in fact they arn't. Which could give you interesting ways to cross reference Adventures in later years where you use one against the other to get yourself out of trouble.

The plotting potential! I love plots!

Also, I've figured out that the controlled student, it seems, have to be in your Clique to start adventures for you.

It would also be nice if you could have controlled students do shopping for you with the shop command, I tried it but unfortunately it didn't work.

Be it a friendly Formal invitation or Mastery, it would be nice if you could put your "friend" to work now that they have "agreed" to help you.

Go outside the fences seems like it should result in a "possible" explore action.

It might be owerpowered, but it seems to make sense.... Maybe a higher roll for the sucess of the explore action, than the standard explore. Due to the distraction you got from spending time with your familiar, thereby redusing the chance to find something new. V8 instead of the V4 of the standard explore action. Or even 10, maybe the explore action could also make up for a maxed out set of skills on your wizard in that field, but you do get something done at least. You might not be getting the explore skill any longer but you get more likely to find something interesting while spending time with your familiar.

In year 2 or later I can easily see a more advanced form of the ability where the Familiar can get a sucess roll on finding something. (assuming you get enough skill to gain that ability) (And the familiars skill is up to the task)

Explore with your familiar seems like something like that aswell...

Also, Diavesque the unliving, if the professors take "it" off you, will it be fine with being held by them? Will it be fine with not getting back to it's student or Another mark? Will it just sit there?

Maybe it would just gate itself back to you in year 2? If you lost it, seeing as it's pretty special. It can't be that easy to get rid of it and your "obligation". Kind of like with the rock familiar.

Given the description of "Danger Sense" it should probably grant a passive risk of discovery reduction, given that it can warn you of lurking professors wanting to bust students breaking curfew or doing things they shouldn't.

Maybe it does and i missed it, the description makes it sound very much like "Spidey senses" from marvels spiderman "Spiderman". ;)

Maybe grant one competition in that passive ability aswell since you get better at predicting your oponents actions. Most physical attacks seems to get bound up with Competition, or duel.

Sounds like it should be a useful skill that's is useful in practical situations more as a buff of "precognition" than a practical skill of itself. I guess the star wars "Jedi senses" and their ability to deflect things with their lightsaber or Dodge just Before the bolt comes their way, is kind of similiar aswell...

Meaning it should probably enhance several reaction based skills as you get better at it. Making otherwise almost impossible skill rolls possible to pull off on a regular basis.

It certainly makes sense as a primary skill when determining if you discover getting ambushed, in time!

Abilities like sucker punch and Mr Marchants surprise familiar attack that's unavoidable should probably have a Dangersense counter roll. Even if they would be high they should be there.

(out of the cloads comes a lurking skyship crashes into the thread. About 7+ player characters fall off and instantly die from the loss of all 2 vitality induced by the fall. 3 newer player characters fall off and pledge to forever have more than 1 fitness)

Anyway with that aside, I had a thought come to me.This game has many ways that it can be played; therefore I am curious how a dev/devs would play Academagia. Thus as an idea, when we prevent the coming apocolapyse from occuring (Year 2 comes out) or the fabled DLC 17 uses gate magic to reach us, you could stream or have a playthrough of Year 1 to celebrate and induct new students.

This suggestion totally has nothing to do with the fact the magic system scares me or that I am surrounded by godlike test takers on this forum(my highest being around 200, for only 1 of the classes)

PS. I do enjoy and have been looking forward to Year 2, even if Philppe crushed the soul and academic standing of that about 7+ characters. (getting detention for being injured, then missing said detention because injured)

In the Incantation class adventure where everyone is fallign asleep(sorry forgot the name of the adventure, but it's something like sleeping in Incantation, or something along those lines.)

When you use that Incantation spell to capture that pixie that's putting the students to sleep it says something about Knoht's dropped Jar, I think it was meant to say... Jaw?

I guess she could have dropped a jar if she was holding one, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

hummm I was just playing a new game and took Control over Zoe Mellis and found out she was locked into takign Hallsessions :/

This was even Before the Cheimare exams...

Could it be that she got bulled into missing enough classes to get punished by the teachers? It's surprising to see such a studious student in such a situation. Some do get detentions though I've noticed.

Another strange fact, she's only on a negative scale with one other student and it's at -1. meaning bullying or hostile actions can't be the reason....

Is she skipping classes to study and train her skills?

(out of the cloads comes a lurking skyship crashes into the thread. About 7+ player characters fall off and instantly die from the loss of all 2 vitality induced by the fall. 3 newer player characters fall off and pledge to forever have more than 1 fitness)

Anyway with that aside, I had a thought come to me.This game has many ways that it can be played; therefore I am curious how a dev/devs would play Academagia. Thus as an idea, when we prevent the coming apocolapyse from occuring (Year 2 comes out) or the fabled DLC 17 uses gate magic to reach us, you could stream or have a playthrough of Year 1 to celebrate and induct new students.

This suggestion totally has nothing to do with the fact the magic system scares me or that I am surrounded by godlike test takers on this forum(my highest being around 200, for only 1 of the classes)

PS. I do enjoy and have been looking forward to Year 2, even if Philppe crushed the soul and academic standing of that about 7+ characters. (getting detention for being injured, then missing said detention because injured)

Pretty sure the devs are too busy coding to do a full stream/screenshot playthrough of the game, particularly because streaming is wonky for more than a few people (including yours truly), but a few screenshots of the dev students' stats should be too hard, right :rolleyes:?

In the Incantation class adventure where everyone is fallign asleep(sorry forgot the name of the adventure, but it's something like sleeping in Incantation, or something along those lines.)

When you use that Incantation spell to capture that pixie that's putting the students to sleep it says something about Knoht's dropped Jar, I think it was meant to say... Jaw?

I guess she could have dropped a jar if she was holding one, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

That was already reported in the DLC 16 bugs topic. There's a ton of typos like that in the new adventures, although I think people have found most of the obvious ones by now.

Nagash;

Haha! I can certainly ask the Team, but apart from purpose testing for the extremes, I doubt that godlike test scores are the norm. ;)

For my games, I enjoy seeing what happens via random events, and steering the game that way.

albert;

It's not likely she is Skipping Class, but she might have done something which gave her a Discovery Chance.

Still Hall Sessions sounds harsh! I really have to push it to get those.

I'm surprised an AI character managed it.

That won't remove her from year 2 in that save game will it? I think it was said it won't happen in year 1.

Let me guess..... She got Hall Sessions for speaking Draconic? Apparently she has a thing for that language... It actually sounds interesting. (too good to be true as a reason)

• 3 weeks later...

Lisle Aventyrare gave me the Heavy hand spell in a Tome... as a Favor. Apparently it's a 5 pheme revision spell that deals 2 damage at melee range :D

No wonder noone has sucessfully cast it for 20 years! Noone has been trying to use it ;) In a way it's a funny bit of lore, but hardly useful in anyway. If it did something else then it might become remotely useful, like stunning or dazing or lowering the victims wrestling skill. It would still be a 5 pheme spell.

No wonder the wizard who invented the spell lost the fight though ;) Maybe it's as worthless as it as supposed to be-

And I just figured out one of the students is "Half Fae"... Whatever that sugests.. So they arn't all completely human it seems...