Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

How about add the office location of the Professor to the favor table. I.e. Professor Valenta's Back Office could be a great addition to level 4 or 5 of her favor list (if nothing else is added there in DLC 17 already).

Student Adventure Zorzi having 3 attribute increase, that's a great thing but from helping a student in his quest I hope for a Relationship increase and maybe even a increase in Relationship max. (Beside the ethic roll is really difficult for my current char ... who comes up to a combination of a strength + ethics roll ^^)

If the Cante Caviti adventure bug could be fixed that would be great - the second stage where you choose which of 3 ingredients to gather actually takes up 3 stages as after each success you visit stage 2 again to pick from the remaining options. The adventure should instead make each of the 3 ingredient paths a "phase 1 - choose, phase 2 - get ingredient" pair of phases to a stage to reduce the number of wasted (and rather boring) actions.

• 3 weeks later...

Schwarzbart;

In the City, you have to pass a test for the license, with the associated fee. Elsewhere, tests could be administered by local government, the customs of the mercenary outfit, or could even be as simple as a vow.

Can we please get the option to do this test in year 2 or 3 even if there is no real follow up?

• 2 weeks later...

You know what could be a funny idea to have a game that let the player find a wife / men get a child and rise it till the point where it can enter Academagia where the player can export the cild and play it in year 1. If a Year 5 char the can exported to be used in this game one could play a endless loop ;). Sadly I suspect it would be not only a lot of work to write such a game but this circle would be to time consuming to play for most player.

You know what could be a funny idea to have a game that let the player find a wife / men get a child and rise it till the point where it can enter Academagia where the player can export the cild and play it in year 1. If a Year 5 char the can exported to be used in this game one could play a endless loop ;). Sadly I suspect it would be not only a lot of work to write such a game but this circle would be to time consuming to play for most player.

If you keep the same students/teachers/adventures it doesn't really change anything so it would be pretty uninteresting past the first "child" .

The Duel cost for Lightning strike(Melee attack based on flawless timing) is wrong, It says in the text it only takes 0.5 to use but the atrributes says it takes 1 in Duel cost. Maybe it needs to be corrected? Especially before the more expansive Duelsystem in Year 2.

I've been thinking, the spell, Prevent Hostility(Negation) seems to be very powerful, especialy in a duel or if cast before a duel, maybe it should break once the target recieves a hostile action?

A 3 Pheme negation spell that reduces the targets chance of sucess at any hostile action by 95%.... It pretty much kills most fights unless the target has a massive chance of sucess boost.

Would it be possible to make it so that it breaks after the target recieves damage or a hostile action? Even if you can't damage the target without breaking the spell you could still bully them and stress them out until they are taken out.

It would still pretty much allow you to walk past the person or perhaps even arrest them/put cuffs on them.

Other spells causes far lower fail rates or fails limited to certain types of actions or spells, but this one seems like it will need some kind of "nerf" or adjustment. Best would, imo be a "break spell" if hostile action is recieved.

You could also have spells that removes this kind of debilitating spel beyond a take damage and it breaks. A beneficial dispell hostile magic wouldn't be a hostile action. But seeing as everyone wont be skilled at dispelling hostile spells, there would have to be checks and balances like I mentioned above.

In adventures and events you can dispell nasty effects, but I havn't seen any spells in the list that actually does that, maybe they need to be added to the list for year 2. Possibly with strength requierments and different levels of magic removal due to how skillful your casting was.

There are several spells that make rolls where there are skilled and exceptional castings. Maybe They could allow removal of spells of certain strength and difficulty, possibly by how many phemes the hostile effect is made up by.

3, 5, 8..... Higher level spells for possibly more advanced massive spells, or difficulty levels... Or removal limits based on the combined difficulty of the casting of the spell you want to remove. Each Pheme has a difficulty value, if the difficulty of the hostile spell could be determined by the sum total of that challenge to cast, then maybe the dispelling power of your hostile magic removal spell should determine if you're sucessful or not.

Lets say a beginner skill casting can remove 8 difficulty spells, an advacned casting 16, and exceptional 32. Of a certain spells, More powerful spells could remove even more with similar casting skill level advancements through the use of rolls performed.

The ability to dispell hostile magic of different difficulty seems to be mentioned and performed in Adventures and events, maybe it should make it into the spell list :) One way or another.

I think the 95% is ok if limited to a specific spell or group of spells. So if you know the enemy love to use a specific spell or try to use a slow spell where you can guess from 2-3 Pheme what he try to cast then such a spell would be great.

The big problem was that it included everything includign physical attacks, insults and any kind of hostile bahaviour....

Even if it would be made very limited to a certain type it would still be vastly more powerful than any of the other dispells that does something like 25-40-50% failrates.

Maybe, if there were resists agaisnt the spell with very weak people getting the 95% debilitating effect, while people with certain amounts of insight/negation V 5 will greatly reduce the effect. and perhaps even reduce it further with an insight/negation V 30 for reducing the effect greatly.

That way, it might work well on a not so skilled or insightful first year or a fairly harmless opponent, while doing less to medium and even less to tough oponents.

That could be a nice way of making spells useful, but less useful in certain situations or against more formidable foes. Might make it a good spell for older students to pacify unruly first years or other riffraf. While not strong enough to be very useful against stronger oponents. But there might be more powerful versions for those who are very skilled.

I do like seeing spells with different levels of success and usefulness depending on the target. I could also see the casters skills/attributes VS the defenders skills/attributes comming into play.