Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

A prayer kind of makes sense, you can't handle it on your own, and talking to people about your issues seems kind of out of the way. Or something like a Cleanse and remake spell, but more specific.

Also, it sounded like there were priests who were Gate breakers? or something along those lines? They Prayed for a cleansing of the gate?

Also, I don't know if it would be considered, but there are phemes that are eachother oposites and they don't mix well, they cancel each other out.

Maybe certain planar creatures could have planar opposites, meaning you could banish or kill them more easily by exposing them to their opposite. While all Gates creatures wouldn't be like that and far more mundane or actually created, it could add an interesting optional way for a gates wizard to fight another Gates wizard or planar creature.

If there is a plane if ice and cold, perhaps a few simple balls of fires summoned from the plane of fire/flame could react violently with a creature from and opposing plane.

It would be interesting if Gates got some applications that might tempt you to use it to do good.

I think it would be great if the player could stumble on a group of people (perhaps the size of a small town or village) who isolated them self from the rest for many generations (maybe even 2 or 3 ban ago). The culture shock for both side should be a interesting thematic. I know we already have something like that with the Vernin Tower but with the 1st generation still alive its actual very different.

I think it would be great if the player could stumble on a group of people (perhaps the size of a small town or village) who isolated them self from the rest for many generations (maybe even 2 or 3 ban ago). The culture shock for both side should be a interesting thematic. I know we already have something like that with the Vernin Tower but with the 1st generation still alive its actual very different.

The student adventure of the Morvidus student with that special Owl.... Takes you to a Village that's been cutoff from the rest of the world. Somehow though, it feels like it was too easy to get to them for them to be truly cut off.

I'm all for wand wielding familiars!

Tying their wand to a collar or harness seems the easiest approach.

Since most familiars are fairly small I would imagine most would have wands that don't look like more than tiny twiggs. Or claw / tallon enchantments...

I could see it evolving as both the wizards and their familiars gain experience and skill.

Most students seem to treat their familiars as little more than pets in year 1.

Then again, I guess that makes sense if their bond is still fairly weak and both they and their familiars are lacking in skill. Without a proper bond or skills trained I doubt they could do much with it though.

Only a few of my later students have had the time to give their familiars any kind of proper training in useful skills. But I can see the value, especialy in a duel situation or similar, where it's just you and your familiar, it really made a difference in Year 1 duels to have a familair that could take hostile actions for you. In most cases it became a 2v1 battle with philipe marchant being one of the few that had a familiar that could perform an attack as far as I can recall.

Spending some time and work on your familair will deffinately be worth it, you just have to balance it so you don't neglect your own skills or other activities that you wish to participate in. I guess that's the interestign part of the sim, you can do anything you want, but it's really really hard or maybe impossible to do everything at once... Which I guess makes sense since you can't do everything at once in the real world either. But really really dedicated people can get a lot of stuff done if they put their minds to it.

Also, I think familiars should be able to learn stuff from events and adventures they partisipate in, similarly to how your character can pickup a skill step or two in an adventure. Having a few familiar only events could be fun, and remind people they got a familiar and maybe tend to it a little.

Just keep in mind that in Mineta its forbiden that a familiar have a wand so only at Academagia its fine. But even some older mage just don't care that its not allowed ;).

Is there a law about that? Or is it an Academagia rule for students?

I guess I could see how a hawk with a wand and 10+ in Incantation starts hunting rodents and pests with fireballs and lightningbolts while sweeping through the streets and alleys at lightning speed! Could be a little unnerving and a potential firehazard.

Yeah but the Minetan authorities are usually lenient for stuff happening in the Academagia. Except if it's a grave crime.

So I guess in this case Regent permission is what is really important.

However there is still the possibility of tatoo to get rid of the need of a wand and is (probably) legal.

Also, if it looks like a twig for the nest, how are people to know it's a wand and not nest building material, they would have to see if the twig is enchanted or something....

A guard probably wouldn't know how to recognise an enchantment made by either the human or the familiar, they would have to ask someone else. Seeing the familiar perform magic on the otherhand.

Maybe there could be a licence for familiars? I teach my familiar Civil law and it gets and adventure, where it files a request for a want and magic using permit? :P

Now that would shock the court clerks more than all the academagia kids pretending to be lawyers :P Dogs, birds and cats handing in paperwork.

But really, that could be the next level of accomplishment for a familiar, getting a permit to actually be a tiny magical being with human law forbidding them from using their magic.

Also, how serious could it be? you might get a fine as long as nothing happend involving the wand in question. Or are they going to lock up the poor animal/familiar? Or the Wizard for not keeping wands away from their familiar?

I wonder if the city would make an exception if the city is under attack and the wand would help the familiar help you defend yourself and the city. Or special emergencies. What about people working for the militia with a badge?

No wand for militia familiars?