Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Has anything happened in the past that created that law? Was there a homocidal turtle familiar that was proficient in some forbidden magic? It tickles me to imagine a wand strapped to a turtles shell as it slowly goes through Mineta burning everything in its path

@ronikai I think its simply the humanity is superior thing. Non humans are also not allowed to study at the Academagia, so in my opinion its a simply extension to this that even creatures with a strong bound to a human have to prevented to be able to use magic at last within the cities.

I'll need to work on that consealment skill for my familiar ;) Til it becommes a master at hiding it under it's feathers and wings and what not... And eventually in plain sight, just add some glamours aswell :)

Because, when bad things happen, you might need your backup...

Has there ever been a familiar that has been tampered with? Like someone embedding an enchanted stone in its chest or something? Perhaps to further augment magic ability, or to make it able to use certain abilities at will?

Also, would it be possible to revise your familiar into something more... Interesting? Like revising wings onto a rabbit

@roinkai first of all what is the suggestion in your question? This is the suggestion thread!

Then to the answer you need to know mastery and probably a lot of it to do such a mind control if at all possible so all you can get from the Legate is a Redacted answer.

That leads me to consider if a familiar would be aware if their master was affected by a mastery spell. I seem to remember in lore that a young mage girl was mastered, but only realized it later. (I'll admit, I can't recall much of it, other than it was part of the grounds for dating being banned)

In short: Do familiars know if their bonded mages are mastered?

That girl probably realized it pretty quickly but was powerless to act against her 'true love', heh.

I think it's the Syncronicity magic that affects their targets and possibly wielder through emotions. The more traditional Mastery methods are probably far less emotional, mostly,

Tbh, that Hypnotize ability seems somewhat safer and less risky of causing trouble.. but apparently it only worked 50% of the time. Maybe that's what that creepy lady in one of the events tried to do to you, hypnotize you unless you managed to break free. Or somethign very similar, perhaps a more advanced form of hypnosis.

Best of all is ofcourse social skills where you just send people a letter of invitation or talk them into doing your bidding. It's actually the true display of power, to make others do what you want on their own volition. A skill of Leaders and politicians etz.

As for the banning of the two pillars...

The best usage of Mastery that I've seen references of, is to control dangerous criminals or seizing control of enemy forces who could never be swayed by your words and are therefor not for you to save. The king who managed to master a young dragon... In some cases they might be used to prevent hurt or tragedy.... Then again, it might have been possible to use glamours to knowck them out safely, maybe? Don't know.. A Negation stun..... Not sure how long either solution works or how helpful it would be in different situations, but I can immagine the targets wouldn't be happy with you no matter what way you zapped them or drugged them.

A Mastered target can't be mastered by another mage, so that might be useful in extreme situations.....

There could be some medical applications to mastery, we just havn't seen a lot of them.

Mastery is hard to justify since it rarely does anything good in general and is mostly used by selfserving people who can't get things their way without it. So it's understandable why it's so impoular, the deathpenalty on knowing it seems extreme though.

Gates has many applications, one that I personaly find very interesting is the fast travel aspect of it, it feels very magical and in itself isn't an evil or good action unless you use it to break laws. The problem here is the Chaos factor the Random factor that makes accidents happen. It sounds like something that should be explored, and possibly even solved by whatever means necessary. Lots of theories have been sugested by us forum users.

Clearly someone or something or a group is behind the problems with Gates spells.

Perhaps it's just a device maintained by peopel who dissliked Gates mages creation of creatures and therefor decided to break all gates magic for all time. People these days finds cloning and genetic manipulation and early on even invitro fertilisation immoral and accused the doctors and scientists of playing god and all kinds of such things. Or a hostile entity or force waiting to invade the world, it also seems like the disruption is focused on human wizards usage of Gates. So...

Personaly, I think a good wizard should have a good basic understanding of all things magical that they can possibly learn about, and then focus on the thigns that really interests them. But usualy there seems to be crossover knowledge and applications that seems to make your understanding and magic more complete.

There were also stories of old Wizards long ago that mixed magic and didn't think of magic as something that belonged to one or another pillar. I think most of my old students will have to be careful about their side studies of banned magic that were mostly picked up out of curiosity.

I still suspect that girl was studying Mastery herself even before that lovestruck fool put her under his spell, so I'm sure she knew right away. And even if not, I assume that a senior Glamour students could piece that puzzle together all but immediately regardless.

And once again I think it would be great if we can see in "View New Content" to what game the topic belongs to.

Can't the "General Diskussion" renamed in "General Victory Belles"; "General Holdfast"; "General Academagia" and so on?

For Support this would also be good.

"Writer's Corner" is likewise shared between Academagia and VB. In addition, the current Academagia titles should specify that it's Y1 Academagia, to prepare for the Armageddon day that Y2 will be released and it gets it own forum section...unless it'll share a section with Y1 Academagia, but I don't know if that's a good idea.

• 1 month later...

Same page as above

"A free 30-minute demo is available via our distributor, Spoon. Click below to play now!"

but there is no link to Spoon below (isn't Spoon dead?) ^^

Edit:

Practice at Dimmae Theatre 01 shouldn't that also require the On the Prowl background? (Was just browsing the adventure requirements in the mod tool)

Also wouldn't it good to have a this adventure expanded that female player also can enjoy it?

For year 2 and later could you reduce the college requirement in adventures as many people have a favorite college and can't play some of the best adventures in the game just because of this.