Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Just a thought how about allow the player to give the answer "I couldn't learn so far because my seniors work me to the bone" when the Professor mention the  upcoming final exam? Taking this exit would close both the Mentor and the Graduating Class adventures for the player.

After some thought I think that is probably the best option for the player (or a other student) to bail-out of this adventures without to much backlash as the professor will make sure there is no disruption from this side anymore if it is about the exam.

• 4 weeks later...

Any chance of there eventually being a luck/karma system where if bad things happen to you, you might see good things happen later (possibly with an impact from what kind of choices you make, albeit IMO those should mostly boil down to what kind of events can occur, like do you get a divine relic/boon or a necromantic one)? This way, it kind of balances against abuse of save/load, at least in the late game.

I'm not sure if this idea is to great because it means that people who doing good will be punished what in a single player game shouldn't happen.

Also the team is talking about a Game + what means that together with such a Karma system that react to simple save/load exploits would have to give a extrem big negative karma to someone who use it.

This all just to keep something of extrem artificial balance that people will then try to remove via mods or cheats.

(Beside we already heard that it will come back and hunt in year 2 you if you have done to many adventure in year 1 because you will run out of free time in year 2)

You'd have a hell of a time explaining that mechanic in-universe. Luck increases your base chance of running into random events, but there's some manner of divine power that makes sure to punish those who don't get robbed, run over or otherwise injured every now and again? Also, explain to me how this mechanic could not be exploited by people by intentionally failing a string of encounters so that they'll have "good karma" (anyone remember what that word even means anymore?) when they then initiate a difficult adventure or something.

Please, if I wanted rubber-banding I'd play either a racing game or X-Com. Yes, it had such a mechanic, and yes, it did little but encourage the save/loading to either stay his course or literally sacrifice some rookies to the RNG gods.

I would advise against penalties to the lucky (aside from maybe making some NPC or other be inclined to be suspicious of those who are too lucky), more give the unlucky an event or two. Maybe if you get too much detention, poor grades, and never gain a lot of teacher approval (or hate), a teacher offers to mentor you, so long as you agree to at least try to clean up your act (in contrast to the squeaky clean getting offers to be a TA or prefect or somesuch). Maybe a student or two might be more interested in wall flowers than those with ridiculous amounts of dating experience, once romance enters the equation; not to mention that some might prefer more "real" dating prospects - neither too goody-two-shoes nor excessively bad boy/girl. Maybe Santa takes pity on outcasts. Adding a weighed lottery or having a deity of luck show up and take interest in those with extremes of luck would be too much, IMO, but little things that make sense can be implemented.

• 3 weeks later...

You really should make a good end in year 2 and the later years, like handing out your Exam results in a school report with a mention what jobs you could take when your drop out now with this exam result.

Maybe in a later year you also allow our chars to sign up for extra certifications in skills we didn't had class in.

I would hope Y2 starts laying the ground work for giving us jobs for our characters to aspire to, along with general descriptions of what kind of knowledge is required for them, even if you don't get into specifics.

Then over the next years you can add more jobs with more minute requirements, with professorship requiring not much skill but lots and lots of connections, haha! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Why are there still skills whose reward for getting to 11 is an increase in the training level (not maximum level) of a skill? Are those intended or errors in the code? for example, getting Amphibians up to level 11 gives a +1 bonus to levels in anatomy rather than raising the skill maximum of Anatomy (from 10 to 11). I hope that all such rewards for reaching level 11 in a skill can be changed to a simple increase in the skill level maximum of another skill. This is already so well implemented with research, history skills.

2 issues:

1. when completing the senior student helping adventure (the one with the nasty Eliana), much emphasis is placed upon Eliana's giving the PC her jacket, yet it is not an item in my PC's inventory.

2. Resting as the third action in a day is supposed to reset stress to 0 (barring random events), yet when I have my PC rest as the 3rd action in a day when the second action was any with a stress bonus, the stress from the stress bonus is not removed.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...