Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

On 3/21/2019 at 1:55 PM, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhialto;

Possible. :)

Does this mean that the feature has been implemented or can be implemented?

Furthermore, here are two suggestions for the adventure that I am hoping to write. If you dislike either,  tell me, and I will change my plans for the adventure.

1. A meeting with a group of satyrs whose language and script is based upon Lydian (rather like Renaglian is based upon Italian). They are foreign satyrs, so other stories' satyrs' being culturally different would not be surprising.

2. A possible ending to the adventure in which Rikildis von Kiep implies that she has been reading about mastery magic for purely defensive reasons (viz., in order to avoid being mastered).

11 minutes ago, Metis said:

Though personally I'd say that using Control to force NPC students to spam Adventure is the king of cheese strategies, assuming that wasn't fixed in DLC 17. Or wasn't it discovered until DLC 17? I forget. 

Has this feature been eliminated for Y2?

@Legate of Mineta: I have been thinking of a little adventure where the Triplets get the PC to present to Professor Briardi evidence that there are certain strange conspiracies within the Academagia - and by granting the PC permission to do something (which would be another adventure), she will gain a powerful ally against von Rupprecht. Does this seem inconsistent with the Triplets' scheming and mysteriousness? Note that they would not be confronting Briardi directly - and they would not confirm to the PC that they are in fact part of a secret organization/conspiracy, but would emphasize that if they were caught in this, they could take the fall as pranksters rather than spies.

@Legate of Mineta: Fair enough. I so like writing about the Triplets, but one major issue for me is how to deal with the fact that they are supposedly (once the Triplets' adventure is completed) extremely close friends to the PC but never reveal their true plans and affiliations. I hope that Y2 will deal with that in some way. Will it?

On 3/27/2019 at 8:21 PM, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

In the import tool, there is planned to be a general list, but it's not explanatory- you'd have to know what you did, if that makes sense?

Would you be willing to explain more? Also, I like the fact that at the end of Y1 there is an admittedly buggy summer period - it allows players to experiment with builds for the next game/year. Could this feature be kept for Y2?

@Legate of Mineta: 4 quick suggestions for Y2.

1. That activated abilities that must target one particular subskill (such as teach or from novice to master) be done so that if the target is the PC or a character whom the PC has knowledge about, the subskill selection menu would reveal the target's subskill already possessed - otherwise it would shown "Unknown" or words to that effect.

2. That favor boosting abilities that require the player to select a professor show how much favor the professor has with the PC.

3. That instead of simply saying "Exam" the schedule say "[Subject] Exam".

4. That at least some students get unique emotions associated with high relations with them (not necessarily romantic). I cannot imagine, for example, that Catherine Chard's dearest friend or future boyfriend would be held by her to the same standard by her as, for example, Shearry Warrington would hold his dearest friend or future girlfriend - so unique emotions would be a nice way to integrate character development, story, and game mechanics.

@Legate of Mineta: A potential way to have the PC in Y2 get involved in Nhordum's group during Y2 after self-studying synchronicity would be for the PC to investigate how he/she got the Bridging Stone (Item) at Mental Bridging 7. There could be an interesting story about how Leene keeps tabs on those few people who study the art on their own - as well as opportunities to join Nhordum's group.