Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

@Legate of Mineta: Why the uncertainty? It would be easy enough to copy and insert the text so that, when clicking upon a student's familiar's name, one would be presented not only, as now, with the familiar's name on a new page, but also with details about the familiar and the familiar's owner. I particularly like the story about Uliva and Sasha.

Indeed, this could even be inserted in Y1 in a final patch.

I have uploaded three screenshots. One shows Zoe Melis's character profile for a PC who has been informed about her. The second shows what the screen shows when her clique ability is clicked from her character profile. The third shows what is shown when her familiar's name, as listed in her character profile, is clicked. My proposal is to add below this (and other familars' profiles) texts from the modtools detailing what the familiars are like. For Zoe's familiar, the description would be:

Carol is a greyish-silver kind of spider; he gains his nourishment from the nectar of certain rare plants, and - like many of his kind - seems to pass through the day in a pleasantly lazy haze.  He can go for hours at a time without moving at all, and when he does take a step it often seems like it's something he immediately regrets; it's actually easy to forget that he has a deep, magical mind.

That's if you're a human.  The other familiars are much more aware of him, and many of them don't like him much - they say he's a trickster and a liar, and they warn that he'll lead Zoe to a bad end if she lets him, if only because he's not as clever as he thinks he is.

But then the spiders often get a bad rap.

[\spoiler]

20190526162154_1.jpg

20190526162207_1.jpg

20190526162217_1.jpg

While we're on the subject of (potentially low-effort) suggestions, might I repeat my earlier suggestion of replacing Etiquette 3's +1 Relationship Max with Etiquette 8's +1 Professor Relationship? As is if you get 3+ Etiquette from character creation (Wealthy + either Royalty or Page) the game will not tell you which character got the +1, so you'd have to find out through trial and error.

9 minutes ago, Metis said:

While we're on the subject of (potentially low-effort) suggestions, might I repeat my earlier suggestion of replacing Etiquette 3's +1 Relationship Max with Etiquette 8's +1 Professor Relationship? As is if you get 3+ Etiquette from character creation (Wealthy + either Royalty or Page) the game will not tell you which character got the +1, so you'd have to find out through trial and error.

@Metis: That change has already been implemented.

...I just tested it and I got +1 Max from Etiquette 3. Did I use the wrong content file? I can never remember which it is, one sec...I did use the wrong content file, oh dear. Okay, going to just delete the old one. Don't have saves that need it anyway.

Got to fix the wiki as well...

• 2 weeks later...

I think by limiting the affected sub skills to 3 a Revision of Skills for Skill + Subskill can work out.

1st of all the magic work only for Skills where the caster know at last 3 sub skills. (Needed to prevent exploits and bugs)

Then there 2 Skill selector that each unlock 3 sub skill selector of the selected skill that only show known skills.

Each Skill and Subskill can only selected once in one casting.

Given the clear follow up of Skills and Subskills for both it should be clear enough what skills are switched with what other skill.

Only if all 8 slot are set the turn can be progressed.

What I'm not sure if the AI could handle such "complicate" spells.