Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Hmm just tested the Mathematic Genius and sadly haved to realise that the Ability given are in no way wort the 1 Background point one have to spend on them as they are just a slight improvement over train (what I only use once every 3-5 games). My Sugestion for this was something that reduce the training multiplicator of x2 to x1 for Properties of Arithmetic and Theory of Arithmetic like a fixed Selective Focus for this 2 SS. If this is the only way to do it then this abilitys have to be at last similar to the Library of the Mantle of Stars (i.e.Choice of Arithmetic +2 and 1 Random Geometriy+1).

The "Glory" stat, will it be shown somehere in Y2? and will there be some kind of explanation for it?

I've been looking for an explanation and found some cryptic explanation that it's a hard to earn stat that's invissible and help make hard things easier in some way...

So it's kind of a.. Confidence thing but it's also a social buff? or maybe a social status buff of some type? People will think higher of you?

Will it be shown and will there be an explanation? I found it weird that it was something that was given but not shown or explained.

I hope you find a nice litle place for displaying the chosen backgrounds in year 2 ^^ i.e complet at the buttom of some of the character statts with mouseover displaying the extended text. Sure they are not needed regular but from time to time its usefull to have a look what you have picked.

How about give 10 point of Merrit to the best Student(s) of each Exam during the Midterm. As for many competition there is some small Merrit reward given but for the most important one there is nothing (endterm is sadly to late to make a big impact). Even if the player manage to get 60 points this way its not this unbalancing because there much more Exam and no college can take them all. The reason for 10 points is that it give the chance to turnaround the merrit race at this point.

Just got a Idea for the interface. How about let a right click on a time slot have the function of Remove the action or alternative open a small menue for copy / past complet days (Think you already have something like this per keys but I never used it as I don't know the key setup for this and if I rember right there was no way to see what is stored)

When I was training my Hawk with improved Familiar handling, (a fairly nice familiar training skill :) ) I noticed that my hawk that I had named Hawkes this playthrough was gaining parrental approval...

So im wondering did Hawkes gain parrental approval with it's avian parrents or my student's parrents? Im assuming it's new social skills made it more charming and likable.. But whose parrents? I guess it's a good thing if my parrents like my familiar, would make the homecomming or whatever easier :) but if my hawk has parrents then that could make for a fun quest aswell :) Based on parrental approval..

Just wondering, or was it just something that every character could gain?

Anyway I like the idea of familiar parrental approval :) Intentional or not :)

I can immagine the Black sheep comming home... Noone liked the student but they adore the familiar!! *sigh*

Admittedly I havn't tried the blacksheep backgroudn but it just came to my mind ;)

For year 2. How about giving new Chars the option to get a early start Background that gives them some days extra compared to the normal new Student.

Because of the Summer break there is also the posibility to reduce the time aviable if the char have a long (or slow) way home/ back what could also be a background but now giving a point.

Maybe your familiar hears his or her parrents are comming on a visit and then tries to prepare for the visit... Somehow.. Depends on what kind of Familair it is I guess...

And the parrents reaction might get affected by the extent that you completed the familiar quest and maybe the familiars skills... Familiars parrent approval? :P

I don't know. Maybe the student's academic success or social graces could affect the meeting aswell.

Either the familiar prepares some food or accomodation for the parrents or maybe the student does that.. It's more than likely that the familiar never tells the student they are comming and tries to resolve it on it's own. Or maybe it's a surprise visit or a chance meeting.

Familiar's father: Are you sure that's a real wizard? That kid that just stumbled into the poisonivy and passed out?

Familiar: *Look's embarrased*

Familiar's mother: Arn't you going to help that fool somehow? That poor thing will never survive the week never mind the year if he keeps that up!

Familiar's father: You're embarrasing the family, maybe you should find a real wizard or give up this foolishness before anyone back home hears about this!

Familiar: I've learned a lot about treating wounds and preparing healign balms! We need it on a daily basis..

Familair's mother: Look he's awake again, and he's got a wand, lets see what he's capable of, maybe it isn't as bad as it looks.

The Studen't tries to negate the burns but accidentaly put himself on fire instead and starts running in a circle.

Familiar's father: We have seen enough! We arn't talking until you get rid of that disgrace!!

Another student commes along and put's out the flames and helps the student get to the infirmacy.

Poor familiar...

Will we see more how different the familiars see (smell, hear ect) the world? I.e. "follow the man with the blue hat but you familiar just look confused at you" could be a example for a failure for a dog familiar because a dog don't see colors. (Came up with this after I played trough the Wit exit of the Dialectic Adventure)

Birds got one more base color than humans, so to them something that looks gray to us might not look gray to them... When we look at something that has that colour it probably looks like something in a Black and white TV... When I look at my African Gray at home I can't help but wonder if the shifting nuances of gray that she's got is actualy shifting nuances of that bird colour that we arn't equiped to see.. we can see 3 base colours but birds can see 4... Which kind of makes their eyes more advanced.

I also noticed that when I took a picture of here and put it on my monitor as a desk background picture that she would stare at it and look confused and shake her head as in dissaproval... Repetedly... Maybe she doesn't think she looks like that in real life.

Maybe she has got one of those ultraviolet spectrum colours that we can't see.