Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Especially older Enchantments seem to work fine- there was a time, in the Early Empire, when Elumian mages (seemed) to know how to teleport safely. The Oursoukan mages still do, but, of course, they are all insane. :)

Well in game Ilaro clearly knows how to teleport safely, and effortlessly. Of course maybe he learned it from the Oursoukans, who knows.

The jerk teleported me enough times. :P

Will we get grades that we're supposed to bring back to our parents? Or perhaps a letter of commendation if we did really well and helped the school? (adventures) Glory and achivements.

Meeting the "parrents/family/guardians" seems interesting.

Getting chances to show off our skills and what we have learned is something I would look forward to :)

I managed to find material to replicate Briardis deglection breastplate... The one I made has much higher quality and therefore more value... What im wonderign is this, does Quality affect anything else besides value?

Shouldn't it affect the ability to put in enchantments and modifications?

Im also hoping we will get some interesting artificing in Year 2 :)

Maybe a stat like... Fashionista level? :P Making your own robes and gear and that affects some fashion stat... or something, I havn't really thought it through.. While courtly fashion is the skill to understand fashion.

Your sure he knows it? To my Knowledge he just have a item that can teleport someone else to a fixed location in the Academagia.

I think it was Orsi who used an item to do it. Ilaro is a rogue magician skirting the law, so I'm pretty sure he just knows it. It's admittedly supposition though, I don't think they ever say one way or the other with Ilaro.

Albert;

Oh yes, your Parents will be *very* interested in your Grades. :)

Quality determines a few things, but most importantly the number of Enchantments an Item can hold.

Fashionista stat! Well, I love the idea. ;)

I can see it now, you're called to court for some kind of public missconduct, You stride in with steamy strides and such elegance and breattakingly welldressed that the Judge drops his gavel with his jaw hanging! Then he quickly dismisses the case, not wanting to offend the wrong people!

I can see it now, you're called to court for some kind of public missconduct, You stride in with steamy strides and such elegance and breattakingly welldressed that the Judge drops his gavel with his jaw hanging! Then he quickly dismisses the case, not wanting to offend the wrong people!

Don't we have a skill for that already, namely Courtly Fashion? Seriously, read the description for that skill...

Don't we have a skill for that already, namely Courtly Fashion? Seriously, read the description for that skill...

Courtly fashion is the understanding of fashion and how to make do with what you got, however if you're wearing rags there is only so much you can do, ofcourse even rags can be accessorized in a more compelling way I guess.

Having the finest quality clothing and the skill to arrange and wear them properly should have even more of an impact, therefor Fashionista :P as a value of clothing/gear quality modified by your Aestetics skills. :P

Throw in an extra glamour for added effect! ;)

Sack cloth with no fashion awareness = bum, Hobo

Sack cloth with fashion skills = decent citizen

Best silks and high quality gear but no sense of fashion or what looks good or how to wear it = good productive citizen with a lack of sense!

Best silks and high quality gear with good fashion skills! = People will think you're high nobility, wealthy and with a lot of power to affect peoples lives, political and economic power/influence.

Courtly fashion seems to be the skill at arranging fashionable outfits and designing fashionable outfits while sewing to creating them. I don't think understanding automaticaly turns sackcloth into the finestes silks, even though it might help you present your limited assets better.

Also that mage in the Keystone adventure quest line, the gates Mastery master? When he used his tongue to cast spells... Is that an escapeartist skill? Or escape artist / concetration?

I would love to be able to use my finger or tongue or something, to surprise an enemy who think he has disarmed me by removing my wand! I immagine using your finger would be easier than using your tongue.

Much easier to use your finger, although both are possible. You could use your whole head, too, if you had the training. I imagine you'll eventually see a related Skill for these specialized Pheme traces.

Being able to do magic without your wand seems interesting, even though I can see how a specialized magic channeling items can make things easier :)

Im guessing we wont be able to pick up that skill in year 2? It might even be a good way or impressing people/ entertaining people, making them think you just pulled of sleight of hand trick that they can't figure out while you're actualy using phemes and magic as a crutch to confuse them.

Or in the event that you get disarmed, there was also this event where you can summon your wand from the table, im guessing thats a minor form of concentration magic. Being able to do a few things without your want can also be fun :) sometimes it feels like all your magic is in the wand itself ;)

albert;

You can already cast Spells with your finger; it's one of the first things any mage is taught, even before your arrival at the Academagia, but it's so unwieldy that it's only done in times of emergency. You won't see a Skill for it in Year 2, but later on I think you will- representing not just your ability to clumsily trace your Palette and Phemes, but how to do it artfully as well.

albert;

You can already cast Spells with your finger; it's one of the first things any mage is taught, even before your arrival at the Academagia, but it's so unwieldy that it's only done in times of emergency. You won't see a Skill for it in Year 2, but later on I think you will- representing not just your ability to clumsily trace your Palette and Phemes, but how to do it artfully as well.

Ok :) I love new skills :P sometiems I get so caught up with the levleing of skills that I forget about everything else :D That's what happend on my first play through ;) Still had plenty of fun with the minor events and trying to get good grades :D

Much easier to use your finger, although both are possible. You could use your whole head, too, if you had the training. I imagine you'll eventually see a related Skill for these specialized Pheme traces.

And of all the possible things I had to pick the eyes (and get declined) :unsure:

To be fair with enough Glamour you don't even need to wear anything in the first place :ph34r:

And of all the possible things I had to pick the eyes (and get declined) :unsure:

To be fair with enough Glamour you don't even need to wear anything in the first place :ph34r:

Might not be so fun around people who has the ability to see through illusions... Depends on you personal disposition I guess :P

Not to mention the prakster possibilities you're giving your "rivals" or maybe just eager pranksters...

I read that as you could could use your whole hand too... Now I realize it said Head.... Are you implying we will be making faces or throwing our head around to cast spells? or was that a typo? I can immagine it would be hard to use more than one finger, but just immagine the possibilities of a perfectly coordinated multitasking hand or set of hands forming phemes "free hand casting"! The casting style of the most legendary of the ancient mages of legend, most mages thinks it's mostly a myth though. ;)