Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

What if as you're making "professor friends" you realize it will be hard to pick up new professor friends and tutors, but you hatch a plan (adventure) using advanced planning, plotting, intrigue and a bit of luck and flawless timing to make a few extra friendships possible, perhaps even work out some issues causing some strife between professors (diplomacy, etiquette, leadership perhaps even negotiation, depending on what it's all about..)(, within reason of course, and then you can manage to add one extra or two professors to your friend list..

After all if you are a great diplomat (although uncommon among wizard based on what I've seen so far) it would make sense if you could manage to smoothen people out and make them get along or at least initiate a ceasefire. (that way you would be less likely to get caught in the crossfire and can still enjoy the spoils or at least some of them)..

I can picture a truly Machiavellian student that's playing out rivaling professors against each other /defusing problematic situations and gaining everyones favor in an attempt to come out on top him/her -self.

One way to make two people want to make peace is to make both believe the other party has an edge on them (even though they havn't, because that would cause problems if it removed one parties desire to make peace) that way both will prefer a settlement or ceasefire.

Anyway, I like complicated and manipulative solutions :)

In the end that student has become an invisible powerfactor that ensures the peace while the student can enjoy the peace and perks from having so much favor..

Thoguh I guess a lot of time would have to be spent on the arts of manipulation and social skills, other skills and studies might suffer a little... possibly..

I think this has a slight aura of "And Then There Were None" without the murders...(I hope)

Which would be reaaally interesting to see but so much more to actually do.

And albert, studies would never suffer if the teachers are all in your metaphorical pocket. And making yourself indispensable among Mineta would be a pretty sure way to ensure later power...

Or you know. You could Master them.

I think this has a slight aura of "And Then There Were None" without the murders...(I hope)

Which would be reaaally interesting to see but so much more to actually do.

And albert, studies would never suffer if the teachers are all in your metaphorical pocket. And making yourself indispensable among Mineta would be a pretty sure way to ensure later power...

Or you know. You could Master them.

Most of my characters are picking up mastery aswell, but really, Mastery is a last desperate defence when everything else fails or proves impossible... Seal against mastery is given by mastery though :) which is a good defence against mastery if you come across mastery people :)

Imo sending a formal invitation (caligraphy/finesse) and having people carry your books and do your bidding for a few days by making them choose to do so and accept it seems far more powerful than forcing your will on them and having them hate you for it. When they don't even realize they are being manipulated it seems even more powerful than when they know it and can't fight it.

Are you saying you pity those hapless fools who can't see I am they are being manipulated?

Come now, society is the biggest manipulation of modern man, yes it is more powerful (it is GREAT actually) but certainly it is for the best, right? There could be peace and prosperity of more people knew exactly how to manipulate artfully, so as to not disrupt the outside manipulation. After all, why ruin what you will one day control? (And this is where I miss that crazed megalomaniac smiley :P)

Are you saying you pity those hapless fools who can't see I am they are being manipulated?

Come now, society is the biggest manipulation of modern man, yes it is more powerful (it is GREAT actually) but certainly it is for the best, right? There could be peace and prosperity of more people knew exactly how to manipulate artfully, so as to not disrupt the outside manipulation. After all, why ruin what you will one day control? (And this is where I miss that crazed megalomaniac smiley :P)

Sounds like a Darth Sidious or something :P

But seriously, Mastery might seem scarry but it's a very blunt tool ;) Might work best on the battle field im thinking... It's not the fine art of manipulation, I guess some of it could be, but it's mostly very blunt... Half the time Glamours does things that are very Mastery like, just slightly less intrusive..

Indeed, for some reason the vast majority of my characters have glamour, though it is seldom used in game... but if FEELs right ;)

I remember the quest where I was helping that bully girl get a dance with philippe, lyo russo sorry, can't remember here name atm.... Anyway Mr Merchant was comming around the corner and there was a big risk of him catching on to what was going on so IGlamoured him and he just walked away confused and forgetful... Now that's pretty close to mastery right there ;) Just ever so slightly less agressive...

Also that mastery book I found on the strange island... The griphon and the Bassan language quest.

Are those semidead mages going to attack the Academagia to get their book? Least the book isn't talking, it seems slightly less evil than the book of gates... That or the silence is deciving :P

Also I got a weird serpentstaff with blinking eyes from an evil temple and some other weird artifacts...

Also is Ilaro a convicted criminal or are they trying to catch him to make him stand trial? What's his story? Can I be his legal council? :P Lawyer :D Or is it too late for such things?

Reward for winning his freedom, tutoring into how to perform controled or at least slightly more controled teleports.. A focus memory/ability... Whatever it would be :)

*Gasp*!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Seriously, though. I would think the sky pirate child background could also use a few bluff exits for a few random pirate events. "Pshhaw! My MOTHER is scarier than you, ya peg-legged pea brain!!" comes to mind... :)

Maybe an event or even adventure, but event would probably make more sense, where it is your students birthday and your familiar has heard about this... In it's own way depending on it's understanding (either social skills or skills at listening in on people or remembering what it's heard about such thigns it will hatch a plan on what to give or do for it's "master" and good friend.

It could, steal something for gifting, barther if it's got the nessesary skills, try and craft something, maybe try and make a snack(sneak into the kitchen? cooking skills maybe)... Let's hope it's a nice cake and not a pile of sewerrats it caught in the kitchen :P Or it could just try and be extra friendy I guess, not as interesting but still nice I guess.

If it goes for the crafting it could either create a simple twinned bracelet of friendship or a more luxurious slightly enchanted friendship bracelet with a small bonus to some social skills.

If it's going down the barthering path it could do some tricks and entertainment to get pims from passers by and then try and negotiate for a nice little signet of friendship, whatever that might be.

Then have it shift over to the player character where his/her friends commes to visit, maybe you threw a party, maybe your friends whom youre very close to threw in a surprise party for you before you got your own party preparations going. Or maybe you're just enjoying the peace and quiet and relaxing on your bithday. Towards the end when your friends might have presented you with a gift your familiar decides to presents you with it's gift.