Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

The House on the Bog adventure involves a discussion about the "mother of monsters" in which her name is spoken, and adds some lores. Her name includes an unusual letter which I believe is "Thorn" (pronounced "th" and used in old English in words like "the"). According to wikipedia Icelandic is the only modern language that still uses this letter so I imagine most players won't be familiar with it. Given that the PC has heard it pronounced by Euneycia and clearly uses the modern English alphabet in other writing, why not put a line in the lore which gives how it should be pronounced?

Legate its a Adventure not a event, but the mention that the char go there because of the Festival means it actual should autostarted at the day of the festival :)

Limiting the time it is aviable would sound like a other realistic option but at last to me the engine we have for year 1 is to limited to have adventures that are aviable for less then a vew month.

The problem is that we have listed way to many adventures to even realise that there is something new even if we do a adventure trough the time.

(Especial the overwelming list of Student Adventures should have theyr own tab in year 2)

Beside you saw hdghg's suggestion and that Albert not just haved one posting?

Thanks! I thnk hdghg posted at the same time I did.

For Albert, your home in Mineta is a townhome, I believe. I think only a few Mastery choices in Y1 harm you...but I cannot tell you which. ;)

For hdghg, not a bad idea! I do think your pronunciation is intended to be correct, though.

Your holiday idea is a good one, though they may prefer it limited . I'll check, either way!

Legate its a Adventure not a event, but the mentione that you go there beacuse of the Festival means it actual should autostarted at the day of the festival :)

Limiting the time it is aviable would sound like a other realistic option but at last to me the engine we have for year 1 is to limited to have adventures that are aviable for less then a vew month.

The problem is that we have listed way to many adventures to even realise that there is something new even if we do a adventure trough the time.

(Especial the overwelming list of Student Adventures should have theyr own tab in year 2)

Beside you saw hdghg's suggestion and that Albert not just haved one posting?

Cante Chavils student Adventure, A Girthy problem or whatever it was doesn't seem to work the way it should.

I created the potion in the quest before and Iget the option to levitate the potion up to Cante, it works he drinks it and is restored and walks off hapily... But then the Adventure jumps back to the beginning and gives me the option of not helping him and walk of or get a professor for help. It seems liek the exit didn't exit properly or something.

If a fix for this could make it into the last DLC it would be great, thanks.

The adventure is a bit wierd as it loops, you basically do the same stage 3 times (for 3 actions, ouch) and each time its an automatic check - very odd and I don't recall any other like it.

Ideally they'd make stage that a closing phase after each "action stage" to set up to the next "action phase" cutting the wasted action cost.

A partial write up is on the wiki showing the issue.

Hey, so for those who are interested in playing random builds: I've tried that a few times, using a text file listing all of the backgrounds with numbered markers (the numbers correspond to the line directly after it, so, for example, #11 is Astrology--the Comet) along the way. It's kind of fun, though you'll occasionally wind up with weird things like kids with multiple points in familiar-related backgrounds and...no familiar. I've included it (under a spoiler tag so that it doesn't take up the whole page.) I use random.org and roll about 15 (I include a few extra to account for backgrounds that give extra points and backgrounds that exclude others that may have been rolled) numbers from 1-138. Then 1-7 for a house, and 3x 15 (or 2x 14 for Hedi and Godina) for classes.

2.1 Points for Fitness
2.2 Points for Insight
2.3 Points for Intelligence
2.4 Points for Finesse
2.5 Points for Charm
2.6 Points for Luck
2.7 Points for Strength
1.1 Astrology: Dawn
1.2 Astrology: Midnight
1.3 Astrology: Noon
1.4 Astrology: The Comet
1.5 Astrology: The Eclipse
2.1 Heritage: Auncish
2.2 Heritage: Merilien
2.3 Heritage: Renaglian
2.4 Heritage: Staadan
2.5 Heritage: Strozzan
3.1 Omen: Bloodmoon
3.2 Omen: Flight of Birds
3.3 Omen: Island Lights
3.4 Omen: Islandquake
3.5 Omen: Shattered Mirrors
3.6 Omen: The Storm
1.1 Family: Black Sheep (+1 point)
1.2 Family: Favored Child
1.3 Family: Graverobbers
1.4 Family: Helpful and Attentive
1.5 Familly: Religious
1.6 Family: Sky Pirates
1.7 Family: Sports
1.8 Family: The Secret Heritage
1.9 Family: Wizards
2.1 History: Artisans of Skill
2.2 History: Descended from Heroes
2.3 History: Descended of Royalty
2.4 History: Descended of Traitors (+1 point)
2.5 History: Famous Campaigners
2.6 History: Locally Notable
3.1 Station: Merchant
3.2 Station: Nobility
3.3 Station: Up from Destitution
3.4 Station: Wealthy
3.5 Station: Well-to-Do
1.1 Aptitude: Cooking
1.2 Aptitude: Figures
1.3 Aptitude: Hunting
1.4 Aptitude: Scholarship
1.5 Aptitude: Trickery
2.1 Deed: A Column of March
2.2 Deed: A Singer's Gift
2.3 Deed: Bane of Bakeries
2.4 Deed: Lonely Sentinel
2.5 Deed: Midnight Explorer
2.6 Deed: Negated (+1 Point)
2.7 Deed: The Town's Pageant
2.8 Deed: Tricks of the Wizards
3.1 Prodigy: Bad Luck Magnet (+1 Pick)
3.2 Prodigy: Center of Attention
3.3 Prodigy: Curiosity
3.4 Prodigy: Incantation
prodigy: life of avarice
prodigy: mathematical genius
3.5 Prodigy: Negation
prodigy: on the prowl
3.6 Prodigy: Physical
prodigy: secrets and silence
3.7 Prodigy: Social
3.8 Prodigy: Spiritual
3.9 Prodigy: Vegetarian
1.1 Academy: Baltagio
1.2 Academy: Blackheath
1.3 Academy: Chameil School
1.4 Academy: Safaviore Officer's School
1.5 Academy: Vihuela School of Music and Magic (costs 2 picks)
2.1 Apprenticeship: Bookbinder's Guild
2.2 Apprenticeship: Draper's Guild
2.3 Apprenticeship: Local Wizard
2.4 Apprenticeship: Page
2.5 Apprenticeship: Spy
2.6 Apprenticeship: Student at Arms
2.7 Apprenticeship: The Pie Kitchen
3.1 Tutoring: Combat
3.2 Tutoring: Explorer
3.3 Tutoring: Grifter
3.4 Tutoring: Heraldry
3.5 Tutoring: History
3.6 Tutoring: Magic
1 Familiar Bond: Cat
2 Familiar Bond: Dog
3 Familiar Bond: Exotic
4 Familiar Bond: Owl
5 Familiar Bond: Platypus
6 Familiar Bond: Rat
1.1 Inheritance: A Spy's Stealth
1.2 Inheritance: Alchemist's Cousin
1.3 Inheritance: Blacksmith's Apprentice
1.4 Inheritance: Family Heirloom
1.5 Inheritance: Mysterious Package
1.6 Inheritance: Preservation of High Society
1.7 Inheritance: Scholar's Insight
1.1 Discoveries: Courts
1.2 Discoveries: Forges
1.3 Discoveries: Libraries
1.4 Discoveries: Nature
1.5 Discoveries: Shops
2.1 Exploits: Exotic Blackmail
2.2 Exploits: Merchants of Ilice
2.3 Exploits: Monteon Mercenaries
2.4 Exploits: Shipwrecked!
2.5 Exploits: The City of Mineta
2.6 Exploits: The Society of the West
3.1 Familiar Escapade: Derelict Ship
3.2 Familiar Escapade: Electrical Storm
3.3 Familiar Escapade: Exploring Town
3.4 Familiar Escapade: Facing Down the Bully
3.5 Familiar Escapade: Monster Bashing
3.6 Familiar Escapade: Nesting Instincts
3.7 Familiar Escapade: The Crazed Elder
3.8 Familiar Escapade: The Scavenger Hunt
3.9 Familiar Escapade: Town and Familiar
4.1 Familiar Training: All Things Ancient
4.2 Familiar Training: Athletics
4.3 Familiar Training: Battle Angel (costs 2 points)
4.4 Familiar Training: Bookworm
4.5 Familiar Training: Charming and Sly
4.6 Familiar Training: Cuteness
4.7 Familiar Training: Enchanter Extraordinaire
4.8 Familiar Training: Genius of Glamour
4.9 Familiar Training: Helpful Spy (costs 2 points)
familiar training: lucky brute
4.10 Familiar Training: Masterful Mind
4.11 Familiar Training: Sports Enthusiast
5.1 Friendships: Actually, Bitter Hatred (+1 points)
5.2 Friendships: Female Students
5.3 Friendships: Godina
5.4 Friendships: Instructor
5.5 Friendships: Male Students
5.6 Friendships: Random Students

I just Created the "True Holly Negation Wand" I think it was called.

I loved the Adventure and the adventures leading up to it, with potion recipes for extending ones life and all that, but I think the Wand itself seems a bit underpowered.

Several bought wands give 1 or 2 direct increases to a parrent skill. The Balanced wand adds one to each of the most common pillars of magic. The Air of illusion(Glamour shop) or whatever gives 2 to incantation and Glamour parrent skills.

Therefor I think it needs a boost given it's otherwise impressive description describing how Awsoem and attuned it is to your wizard, never mind the work and possible cost and value of the wand. Not to mention it's kind of an epic personal achivement and shoudl be better than something bought in a supermarket equivalent.

Least that's my thought on the that.....

And I got the chance to run around with Ilaro in my last playthrough! It was interesting to see that side of the story.

1. Orsi's adventure.

2. Captain of the Guard's adventure.

3. Triplets adventure

4. Ilaro's adventure

That should l account for all the possible versions.... I think...

I just Created the "True Holly Negation Wand" I think it was called.

I loved the Adventure and the adventures leading up to it, with potion recipes for extending ones life and all that, but I think the Wand itself seems a bit underpowered.

Several bought wands give 1 or 2 direct increases to a parrent skill. The Balanced wand adds one to each of the most common pillars of magic. The Air of illusion(Glamour shop) or whatever gives 2 to incantation and Glamour parrent skills.

Therefor I think it needs a boost given it's otherwise impressive description describing how Awsoem and attuned it is to your wizard, never mind the work and possible cost and value of the wand. Not to mention it's kind of an epic personal achivement and shoudl be better than something bought in a supermarket equivalent.

Least that's my thought on the that.....

And I got the chance to run around with Ilaro in my last playthrough! It was interesting to see that side of the story.

1. Orsi's adventure.

2. Captain of the Guard's adventure.

3. Triplets adventure

4. Ilaro's adventure

That should l account for all the possible versions.... I think...

According to the wiki there's also a pirate version - starts with "in search of rumours of pirates". I've never done it though.

As for the negation wand, I have the illegal version which means reload or lose it every time I get detention - I think holly is the right choice there.

I agree that the wand isn't super strong, especially considering that it's in the hand slot which has a lot of good items. It is good enough to be one of my top-2 on stats alone, but only by a small margin and the others aren't illegal. It's also the main reward of a long and difficult adventure while my other hand items we mostly much easier to come by, so I agree it could use a bit of a buff. Either that or maybe there could be a follow-on quest in year 2 to improve it further.

According to the wiki there's also a pirate version - starts with "in search of rumours of pirates". I've never done it though.

As for the negation wand, I have the illegal version which means reload or lose it every time I get detention - I think holly is the right choice there.

I agree that the wand isn't super strong, especially considering that it's in the hand slot which has a lot of good items. It is good enough to be one of my top-2 on stats alone, but only by a small margin and the others aren't illegal. It's also the main reward of a long and difficult adventure while my other hand items we mostly much easier to come by, so I agree it could use a bit of a buff. Either that or maybe there could be a follow-on quest in year 2 to improve it further.

Sorry if you two think that the wand is underwelming, the team did make them how it was writen by me.

The new Old Man Quest is just a bonus way to get to this adventure and should considered on its own.

Btw. I can't thank the team enough to make it possible to start the Botany Extra Credit quest now via 2 different ways as it is something I would never be able to do on my own.

I like the idea of crafting stuff, most of my students are actualy Vernin students.
Also I'm looking forward to the idea of improving a personal wand in the comming years.

Also, for students who ended up with a somewhat bad crowd (Ilaro) will they have interesting continuations to their Adventures? Are other people aware of their brief association?

Ilaro seems like a weird fellow, it would be interesting to know more about their relationship or past relationships (Orsi).

Something that would be great to get is some kind of color coding for the SS trained when I select the task for a timeslot.

I.e. Green the next level of the SS wound be reached, Yellow the SS is trained but without geting to a new level, red the skill is maxed.

Especial the red flaging in my example above would be very helpfull.

For some side SS I'm usual not sure if I already have maxed them or not in this play trough especial if I haved longer breaks.

Schwarzbart;

That's a really good idea. I can't say it will be in the release of Y2, but I'll at least take this to the Team.

I've been thinking the same tihng but havn't said anything. I always have to go through each and every skill in the skill menue and add together the maximum skill level and skill steps to the bonus skill levels provided by items to determine if a skill is actualy maxed.

A skill that maxes out at 13 might show as maxed at 14, but due to items addign to the skill your actual skill level might be 10 and you can train another 3 skill levels.

A skill shouldn't show as maxed unless maxed before adding item bonuses and buffs.

@Albert Its long known that the displaying of the Skillmax in year 1 is kind of buged and it was already promised that year 2 will make this bether.

My idea above is for when I select the actions & abilitys for the day to have some form of display if I still full gain from it and not have first to open the skills to have a look.

Edit: I would also love to see the lunchbreak to get its own timeslot where some social interations in the school lunchroom are posible and alternative the choice to visit some outside places to eat there.

Schwarzbart;

Unfortunately, no lunch hour in Y2 per se, although that, too, is a really cool idea.

How about an option to use gates to summon better food! Then once in a while you can accidentaly summon a T-rex that rampages through the school corridors when you are thinking of insatable hunger instead of what you want... OR maybe just because gates are unstable.