Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Serious why would I use Gate for getting bether tasting food if Revision and Glamour are much bether suited for this?

(Wow posted nearly simultan with the Legate ^^)

Well both Revision and Glamour transformations are temporary and effectively fake food, while gate-summoned food would be the real thing!

I assume there is a reason the Academagia has cooks and a kitchen and doesn't just convert blocks of wood into food.

@Dreamwaver Yes and No. If you use glamour just to improve the taste of otherwise normal food its no problem.

Revision on the other hand just need a long enough duration for you to digest it what makes it same as food you gate in but both have the problem that you can't sustain for ever just on this.

Edit: If you just want to make food taste bether Revison is even easyer because then it just have hold long enough till you have eaten it.

I think my last character had a Cooking parrent skill of 17 or something, with clicque bonuses..... Still being lazy, why not snatch the legates food platter before it gets delivered? Less work, more risk, huge reward! Surely it's better than the crap they are trying to feed the students....

Anyway, just throwing out crazy ideas because crazy dangerous and sometimes stupid ideas can be a lot of fun!

A lot of the fun in Academagia seems to stem from people doing crazy or even retarded things.

I hope I can get my hands on year two soon! or at least the next Year one DLC to check it out before the release of year 2.

Maybe a student gifted with food and such things could help the family prepare a party, those giften in Law could help with Legal issues, and those giften in Economy could help out with book keeping as boring as that would sound.

Asside from showing of your magic skills it could be fun to get a chance to showoff some other skills aswell.

Fight townhall to save your familys garden from being turned into a guardwatchouse for the cityguard...

Or if you got incredible Botany skills turn the familys garden into the envy of all your neighbours.

A Painter could Paint or make an illustration of the Family.

Help the family get ready for a party, courtly hairstyles, fashion...

Perhaps write the invitations if you got good Caligraphy skills.

A skilled smith could restore old family heirlooms, like jewelry and other collections.

Then things could add up for a final last Family adventure where you have a party before going to school, or otherwise, the family is having a party to celebrate getting rid of the Blacksheep for quite a few months.

Maybe your only skills involved pranks, bullying and causing trouble.

Maybe something for year 3 if nothing else.

Creativity only go so far. You want to taste the difference? Summon it.

One day I will get my hands on a Schwarzbart Weed Brownie and then get expelled.

I enjoy seeing people debating whether it is good to run a potentially crippling course for 50 days consecutively while dating the Sphinx all for the sweet, sweet skill steps. Something to that effect.

If you implement tattoo magic please consider some way how this magic realistical could be trained.

For magical items you always can try again if you mess up unless you use some very rare materials but a human body only have so much skin that can filled with tattoos.

So either allow temporary tattoos that are complet gone after a vew days / weeks or even bether have a spell that can remove them.

@CremePuding as mentioned some times ago the weed it self isn't realy tasty but if you realy want to create such a thing with a rare plant instead of using it i.e. for a anti aging potion then your welcome to design such a thing.

I've never bern interested in tatoos in reallife but in the case if actual magic tatoos like in the game I can deffinately see the appeal. In game magical tatoos sounds "cool".

Lets just say I'm very functionalistic in most of my views and interests.

That's something that can be inscribed into clothing, tools and other stuff aswell, right?

I imagine my student returning home, the family wants help with the garden and lawn, then you enchant and improve the gardening tools, and might add a few additional touches if you got good botany skills.

Or you might screw it up totaly by accident..... or the blacksheep might do it intentionaly.

I don't really think the parents will understand how much their kid has changed by spending a year in that crazy school. Except maybe those relatives who are wizards if you picked that as a background.

I guess some of the familiars might give them an early indication that things have changed though..

Ghosts, shades, minidragons and magical creatures... magical hawks that cast the pet speak spell to say "hello, what's for dinner?".

I've never bern interested in tatoos in reallife but in the case if actual magic tatoos like in the game I can deffinately see the appeal. In game magical tatoos sounds "cool".

Lets just say I'm very functionalistic in most of my views and interests.

That's something that can be inscribed into clothing, tools and other stuff aswell, right?

I think what your looking for is then Orthography and not tattoo magic.

I think what your looking for is then Orthography and not tattoo magic.

It wouldn't surprise me if Orthography would be part of applying a tattoo just as it's used to apply them to items. At least it feels like it should be related and beneficial to the process. It's the art of applying magic symbols, phemes or runes or whatever they are called when applied to items and people's skins.

Which is why it's magic for later classes since it requiers several skills and quite a lot of tallent. Aswell as potentialy risky...

Those things that accidentaly got applied our Vernin student while doing that wall Adventure kinds of seems a little bit like magical tatoos even if that wasn't the intended use for that particular inscription.... But it seemed to work on a hand just as it would have worked on a brick for the wall.

Maybe Orthogarphy might help but weaving magic into something living so that it becomes a lasting part of it is something entirly different then working with something no longer alive.

Sure in both cases you need Finesse and Art but thats about it with the similarities.

@Legate Thanks for the info that I also should train Enchantment with Angelik so tattoo magic will be a posibility for her. :)

But my suggestion was because I expected limitations in "Slots" for tattoo magic that there is a way to remove old tattoos so new more powerfull ones can placed in.

Shouldn't Random Event Student - Montague restricted to people who have the same class as him? (Botany or Calligraphy or Glamour or History or Revision or Zoology)

How about the ability to forge false get out of jail freecards with your caligraphy and forgery skills? You keep a stack of forged messages from different professors to get away if you get caught skipping class. Aventyrare is upset you arn't at class but you show her a note saying you're helping the Legate with a special project. (A forgery ofcourse!)

She then walks of thinking, "that sounds just like Orso Orsi!"

One might be enough but two might help you incase you run across the Professor whose signature you forged on one of them. I don't think the Legate would appreciate being given a note with a falsified signature with his name on it.

Nice idea Albert, but if you accidentally give out the wrong card I suspect that detention will be the least of your worries - and the professors do talk to each other (sometimes, when they aren't arguing, in a huff, or hiding).

Also, be nice to Lisle :wub: and you never know, if you are good enough for Orsi's army perhaps the professor will decide you can run some errands for them, some lies are more dangerous if believed...

Is there something like The Cave of Masters in Academagia?

A young Apprentice of Mastery go in and after a vew days a Master comes out?

In the time in this cave the young Apprentice have to fight the most expirienced master living in this cave for his body!

If he win he can consider him self a Master if he loose his mind and soul is swaped with the master and the master walks out with a fresh young body.

If not I think it should considered!

Chimney Crows First Adventure 05

How about changing the main text so that the Player char is looking for Sweep so (s)he can share the reward money for finding the girl?

As the part that the player share the reward is complet missing in the adventure so fare. Its mentioned in 04 that he expect that you share the money with them but you get the money and then nothing.

Sure this would need to split up 05 in 05 and 05a wher 05 keeps as it is and 05a become the success path with my suggested change

Actualy, I made my own adventure about what Schwarzbart mentioned. The difference was that the "Master" was dead and had stored himself in an orb of some kind.

When the student touches the orb out of curiosity the student is stunned and the transfer starts.

I always had the students familiar come and save the student by giving him/her a good tackle dislodging them from the orb.

The transfer isn't completed, most of what transfered was some of the knowledge of that "Master". (I'm not certain how the goldfish accomplishes this.... enchanted flying goldfishbowl maybe?!?)

Then the student decides this was very scarry and dangerous so s/he goes outside and tries to hide the enterance or make it inacessible one way or another.... Then cast a glamour designed to help forget about the location of this place to avoid the temptation of wanting to find out more.

I like the idea of your familiar friend comming to your rescue. You got this special bond and if it's strong then it will likely know when something is terribly wrong, probably works the otherway around aswell. What do you think?

I think I called my adventure "the soulprison" or something. It's not that bad, I noticed it might need a few adjustments, and it's slightly overpowered in the original design.