Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Well I imagine much of year 2 is set in stone by now, but I'm wondering if the combat system has been redone significantly?

While there are several issues I'm wondering about the way high fitness leads to very high vitality which means you are extraordinarily difficult to defeat. Perhaps even an epic (teen) hero should not be able to sustain quite so much punishment?

Again any issues may have been fixed already, but in terms of balancing as of year 1, I'd suggest after the first 3-4 fitness any further points give only 1 vitality and 1 stress capacity each. It's not overly difficult to end year 1 at around 10 fitness, and 20 vitality makes most challenges trivial (except events where it is ignored of course). Has this issue been looked at for year 2?

Dream;

Yes, it has- actually, it has mostly been replaced by an entirely new Conflict system. It's significantly different in terms of how it is played than in Y1- it's both less complex and more complex simultaneously, as you'll see, but it makes for a more interesting battle, too.

High Vitality characters will be able to absorb the punishment of a Combat much easier than your more fragile counterparts, it's true. If you really focus on high Vitality, well, you'll reap the rewards in this particular area.

Balance, in this area, isn't something that the Team is especially concerned about due to the growing power and availability of Negation...Of course, that can work for you, too. :)

I expect someone who hasn't learned any negation to be poor at duels, incantation is more optional though still highly useful.

I suppose with a bit of finesse other schools could be used to parry magical effects. Like incanting a wall of cold to parry a fire strike, or revising the texture of your skin to counter something else or glamouring an illusion forth to make them miss. Still I think some students will fall through big time when it comes to magical combat, some already do.

Yes I know. The ability to get creative with magic in a Computer game even a complex one like Acedemagia is usually very limited.

Something like Ares Magic with its free casting system is probably still impossible to get over to a computer.

(Just have a look at step 5 of my current adventure writing how many different ideas I had just to get past a gap)

Just wanted to suggest that the team should keep in mind that not everyone who will play year 2 had dozens of play troughs in year 1.

Also the most interesting about games like this is where we have real choices for as many possible time slots as possible.

But from everything I read so fare year 2 get down to the point that we have no free time slots any more at all despite we having more time slots available.

For year 1 I personal might even fall back to a version where the detention was broken so I could get sure 2 time slots instead of just one because that was more fun even if I would miss some adventures.

(Right now I have to save skimming a lot just to get 2 extra slots per week)

Just wanted to suggest that the team should keep in mind that not everyone who will play year 2 had dozens of play troughs in year 1.

Yeah, there probably a few who have done hundreds of playthroughs. We mustn't forget about them. :)

Ah, not quite. I was mostly being silly. ;)

I've probably not yet quite finished 10 playthroughs. (though I've started many more)

I don't save scum, but play straight through naturally. If I get bad luck (-7 with phillipe at start of game, detention with monetario) or don't pass enough adventures by a certain point in the game, I typically give up and start again some other time.

That doesn't mean that there isn't someone that dedicated out there though... ;)

I got twenty-five.

Five of them are all single-college potential battle royal where the students hate each other so much that they will most definitely fight to be the Last Man Standing in their own college.

In the Aranaz playthrough Emilia Strolin get punched everyday despite no actions of mine, I think...? Blurry memories.

A failed playthrough where I try to spread utter harmony. For some reason Cyrus was on a Olivia-hating streak.

This was probably already mentioned somewhere, but some abilities take place during class (like Compete) and the player shouldn't be punished by teachers for using them. Compete in particular is designed strangely - it's described as paying attention in class, answering questions, etc. - but if you use dont learn anything during that period, even if you usually would.