Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Ok, that makes sense I guess. A temporary, visit the great steamworkshop of "whatever", visit the school of steam and cog physics! Only availalbe during your stay in Staade.

You might have to pay some kind of entry fee or something, like with the incantation school. Also you will have to use timeslots for it.

There could be some interesting alternatives for the other provinces aswell. In Oncestra you might be able to train your Compete, war skills and wrestling... maybe?

Sorry, I'm starting to forget all those names... I've always been terrible with names.

Legate I think you missed my two Edit of this post:

I don't know what you have planed in year 2 for the people with a Heritage Background but I think it would be interesting to have some Academy background that also require to have a specific Heritage.

I.e. a School that focus on Engineering skills and require the Heritage: Staadan. In the summer break of year 2 the former students of this school then can go there to learn more about Engineering.

Edit: Exploits: The City of Mineta shouldn't it give a point in Minetan Swagger instead of the Random skill?

Edit2: Exploits: Monteon Mercenaries "now rather famously on the wrong side of millions of gallons of seawater" Wait a second what's this thing with seawater? I thought there is no such thing for 1000nd of years at the flying islands! So I suggest to remove the complete line I quoted!

Schwarzbart;

Ah, sorry!

"Edit: Exploits: The City of Mineta shouldn't it give a point in Minetan Swagger instead of the Random skill?"

Yes, it probably should- I'll point that out. It may not be too late.

"Edit2: Exploits: Monteon Mercenaries "now rather famously on the wrong side of millions of gallons of seawater" Wait a second what's this thing with seawater? I thought there is no such thing for 1000nd of years at the flying islands! So I suggest to remove the complete line I quoted!"

I think that's referring to the Cataclysm, in which almost all of Monteon fell from the sky into the ocean below.

Is it possible to visit the Ocean below?

Did Monteon get Submerged? is it possible to go down there if you invent a submarine? Or by using magic to create breathing bubbles?

I'm guessing the fall crushed anything of interest or value or it got burried.

I assume those airships can go down to the Ocean? Are there fish in the Ocean? Could it be a potential source of revenue?

This was already answered once by the Legate but I don't remember it exactly and also don't know after what I could search to find it.

But the info was that airships can't reach the ocean and even if you jump from one of the islands you never hit the water because of some strange effect of what caused the Islands to flying in the first place.

There is a upper and lower limit that can reached and everything that go beyond this vanish if I remember right.

It'd be hilarious if it turned out the surface was a sort of untamed paradise that, for whatever reason, prevented explorers from returning to the islands through Gates. More likely, it's a place filled with active volcanoes that prevented explorers from returning due to them suffering an acute case of horrible death.

Remembered it a bit wrong its a Maelstrom that keeps the up and down limited. But somehow Dragons manage to come up from the ground from time to time.

Schwarzbart;

Yep. smile.gif

The islands are bounded by the Maelstrom, but the limits of travel are fairly broad, and the locus of it is the Onyx Isles. No one from Elumia has mapped how far you can travel in any direction before the winds destroy your ship, although the vertical limits are very well known.

I just had a idea how skipping class could be handled in a later year.

How about missing the class have a chance to drop the relationship with the professor maybe even affected by your friends and enemies visiting the same class and School Survival.

If the Relationship is already negative and it would drop again trough missing class the Professor would give detention.

In return there should be some chance to increase Relationship with the Professor trough class like when among the best in the class, write a great midterm exam or just be present.

Eh, personally I'm not the biggest fan of the idea. If you want to increase relations with a professor just use Weasel Words, or failing that, Impression of Diligence. Your friends/enemies would feel very different about you skipping depending on who they were and what, at least as far as the game can determine, you're doing. And the penalties for skipping are bad enough as they are, especially with classes providing next to no reason not to skip, even actively encouraging it during the exam months (although I imagine that Y2 fixes that problem at least somewhat).

• 2 weeks later...

It turns up on other familiar's too, Pamela got her fur wet earlier today after I hit her with the splash spell ;-)

I guess that familiar would need to be categorised by some sort of type (furry, flying, aquatic, weird, etc) with each type having a subset of random events possible.