Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

What if the more pleasing form isn't a full restoration of his once incredible powers? I'm not sure if it would even be possible to actualy restor him to what he was, but it would likely be possible to transform him into something with legs and a body and possibly a face, wings, maybe.

Or does he fully expect to become the overlord of all dragons again? With all of his former power and glory?

Maybe I'll jsut drain him of all the knowled he will share then throw him into a vulcane when I got that which I think he would share. Giving him a lesser form might be possible though.

I don't know. The promise was never to return him to his original form, even if he might hope for something like that. What if Itransform his bits and pieces into a golem or fairy... PIXIE!

Or like the Droag of EQ2

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Droag

A humanoid Dragonform... He might get upset though, I guess...

Give him a somewhat more suitable form, and a collar that kills him guaranteed if he tries to get rid of the collar or if something happens to the PC :P and put a name tag on the collar saying Sparky! It would also disable his ability to cast revision or Mastery, or at least make it a lot harder.

The form itself that you pick for him could also be unsuitable for certain magic, expecialy the polymorphing type with double revising nad double negating effect that triggers a spell that if anything, it rather restore him to bookform than anything else he's atempting to change into, to, the double negating part to make it harder to negate safely and giving a negation a risk of triggering/powering the programmed revision.

That spell would then be part of an enchantment bonded to sturdycapsules in the new body containing a nasty anti-dragon poison. The other part is part of of the enchantment keeping the given form together.

Meaning, the point at which the enchantment breaks, the capsules breaks because items don't tend to survive the removal of an enchantment.

Ofcourse you only inform him of the collar, the other things are supposedly part of the creation of his new form.

I'm not sure he would appreciate the collar though. The moment he breaks it though, he also breaks his promise to always serve his "Master".

Beyond that you could have some backup plans in place to aid you if something happens, like specialy designed weapons and defensive items. Similar to those found on the Great wall but to a lesser extent ofcourse. The Altruine order had that type of stuff. Just dig it out of their now ruined Chapterhouse!

I'm sure it would be a grand adventure, and Diavesque would be pretty much alone anyway, there are only a few dragons around. Briardi did handle that one dragon on the wall fairly well, even if the wall might have aided her. They arn't invulnerable or all-powerful.

His smartest move would probably be to try and outlive the PC, who might extend his/her life a few centuries or millenia, possibly followed by a type of undeath depending on the stubborness of the PC, that could last Eons.

5 million years later....

Diavesque: Master? Master?!? Are you still there?

PC: Not so loud! I was having a wonderful dream that another of your friends had found you, so I could feast on their magical energies.

Diavesque: ....

PC: Where are they anyway? I'm really starting to get really hungry again! (The PC has become a vampire/lich like creature that feeds on the energy of dragons and other highpowered magical things and beings.)

PC: Could you write them a letter saying they are invited to to a great feast!

Diavesque: Yes master, right away......

Letter to the dragon conclave;

The devourer is getting hungry, if you stay away from this realm a little while longer we might get free of this tyrant once and for all! Do not come here for any reason until you hear from me.

Diavesque, Dragon Overlord, "servant of the Great devourer of dragons."

I taught my Vernin students Orthography on the side since it goes side by side with Enchantments and crafting.

I don't think the one time/limited times spell's on scrolls part was part of the Year 1 engine.

Maybe you could make some of those scrolls for your parrents and family to help them with their problems when you have to go to school again. As a going away gift and reminder that you are there to help! (It should give some parrental approval)

Perhaps something that helps them fight vermin and pests attacking the garden or farm trying to eatup their food/decorative plants.

One to create some rain if they get a draught.

One to help with the cleaning in case things get really messy for some reason.

One with a healing revision spell. (Reviving wellness, kind of like a first aid kit in case someone gets hurt or sick)

A nice going away present for when you go back to school. If you got the bookbinding skill aswell you might be able to bind them into a nice looking book that helps protect the parchments from accidents.

Diavesque is the closest thing is game resemble a pact with the devil. The adventure is quite clear on who has the upperhand.

A millienas old dragon (maybe the strongest of all) vs a 12 year old mage (but very talented!)...... yeah without outside help the PC is screwed.

But thats what make this adventure funny, no? :P

Diavesque is the closest thing is game resemble a pact with the devil. The adventure is quite clear on who has the upperhand.

A millienas old dragon (maybe the strongest of all) vs a 12 year old mage (but very talented!)...... yeah without outside help the PC is screwed.

But thats what make this adventure funny, no? :P

Maybe you can pickup help along the way... Events puts other events into motion. Which could openup new possibilities, if nothing else, one action forces another. It could be a grand adventure!

Maybe you could give it back to that dragon lady or dragon rangerguy. It's not like Divesque is likely to be able to stop them from taking a nearly defenceless book(least compared to them).

Once you have learned his secrets of gates and perhaps willing spells into existance and other neat tricks.

I have to wonder how the PC would inform someone else of the fact that they've made a pact with a former Dragon overlord now shaped like a book without either being laughed at or summarily executed for, well, making a pact with a former dragon overlord.

Still, if Morgana's little incident with Stryker after failing that Lie check is any indication there should be at least one individual walking around that could help you with dealing with Diavesque, although whether he'd want to...

I have to wonder how the PC would inform someone else of the fact that they've made a pact with a former Dragon overlord now shaped like a book without either being laughed at or summarily executed for, well, making a pact with a former dragon overlord.

Still, if Morgana's little incident with Stryker after failing that Lie check is any indication there should be at least one individual walking around that could help you with dealing with Diavesque, although whether he'd want to...

Exactly what I was thinking as I made that EDIT :) Morgana or even Stryker might be useful, Stryker seems a better choice imo. But I could be wrong, on the other hand he might not want to have anything to do with it. Seems like Stryker has had enough of all that crap for a life time.

With training from Diavisque, and advise and possibly some additional training from Stryker could help balance things out a little. Perhaps even direct intervention from Stryker or Margana.

So, you get training from diavisque, further trainign from stryker and get taught about Dragon politics and traditions and skills. Then you use Morgana to betray Divisque in a smart plot to foil them. A plot mroe devious than Diavisque could possilby expect from a mere human, especialy someone that young and "innocent".

Going to Morgana the Cruel seems like a faster way to commit suicide than jumping off of Elumia. Stryker, I imagine, after everything that's happened just wants to live a carefree life where he might no longer rule over others, but he's at least firmly at the top of the food chain and so no one can rule over him in any way, shape or form. I imagine that Diavesque and Morgana both would like to have a word with him about his betrayal, though, so perhaps you could make a deal with Morgana? Seems like a suicidal plan, though.

Going to Morgana the Cruel seems like a faster way to commit suicide than jumping off of Elumia. Stryker, I imagine, after everything that's happened just wants to live a carefree life where he might no longer rule over others, but he's at least firmly at the top of the food chain and so no one can rule over him in any way, shape or form. I imagine that Diavesque and Morgana both would like to have a word with him about his betrayal, though, so perhaps you could make a deal with Morgana? Seems like a suicidal plan, though.

Well, if you're already in the clutches of Diavisque, then you might as well try to fly when you're falling off that cliff. Pure desperation knows no limits. While it could give you a lot of power initial and "Unique" powers that you might learn, getting out of the situation it creates would be an epic undertaking.

One thing I would try to learn more aobut is how Diavisque got turned into a book and possibly other items aswell. Stryker might know, there might also be books telling some of the story. Morgana might know a little, though how would you get her to tell you about it?

Obviously Diavisque isn't all powerful even if he's incredibly powerful and devious.

Still, I think you got some time. I think the first order of bussines Divisque will ask of you beyond training your skills so that you become powerful and thus "useful" to him will be to aquire the other parts that might contain his "essence" or whatever.

This might teach you more aboutthe people holdign these objects, what they learned and more knowledge in general. It will also take time, allowing you to investigate other possibilities and leads. Like Stryker and Morgana.

If for example you didn't fail the lie to Morgana, then it might be possible to trick her into sharing more if you provide some kind of reason to belive you might be useful.

Since I doubt either a human mage or a werewolf that had only just been promised to be taught magic could permanently polymorph a Dragon, I think it's a likely scenario that Stryker was behind that little incident.

What about Morgana? Maybe she wanted the additional power?

Maybe lore uncovered from Research should be cross referenced as useful for some of these adventures. Things that help identify these dragons, and events.

Investigation: Research knowledge/memory. You remember reading about this or these characters or events.

Probability of sucess incresed, a new option might be made available, or a new conversation topic or question could be opened up.

I would like to see a Memorization roll available for people that find Diavesque that have already done the appropriate History class adventure, with a successful roll meaning the PC soils him/herself.

That's what s/he should do when s/he suddenly realizes "oh yeah, that Dragon overlord that got turned into a book. Right..."

I would like to see a Memorization roll available for people that find Diavesque that have already done the appropriate History class adventure, with a successful roll meaning the PC soils him/herself.

That's what s/he should do when s/he suddenly realizes "oh yeah, that Dragon overlord that got turned into a book. Right..."

Knowledge is power and we deffinately need more chances to get to use those research, history and memories in events and adventures.

The difference between a skilled mage, an arch mage and know nothing student is the amount of knowledge and experience they have accumulated. And ofcourse their ability to put it to use.

One of Diavesques greatest assets is his age and all the knowledge and power he has hoarded over the millenia. Besides having been a gigantic muscular firebreathing dragon.