Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

I just imagine the PC packing her bag for the trip home. "Spare robe, Dragon Overlord-shaped Gates book, Familiar's toys, Mastery-enchanted wand, Certificate of Imperial Favor, befriending snake, what am I missing? Oh, right, the Mastery book, silly me". Seriously, you amass a bunch of random stuff by the end of the year.

And if it doesn't, the PC has two hands. And enough wands to cast levitation spells.

I just really, really hope that transport limit isn't the game's way of doing this. Seriously, I do not care how perfect an explanation the team can come up with, if they pull that stunt I'm calling BS.

Its already known that we have to keep some items from adventures for get the continue or a bonus in the continue.

(I my self have already turned in a small adventure / event that require you to have one of the items of year 1)

Edit my Suggestions:

1) Allow the player to hire external help to move your items in year 2. I.e. the thief guild if the player have contacts with them what brings the downside that some items might get lost.

2) Student Adventure Luti 5 the exits have rolls vs 14 but the reward on success is still the same SS as the roll. So I suggest to give different skills there as reward. Similar also in Student Adventure Luti 6 and 7 with even higher difficulty for the rolls.

My last character has that nifty backpack that put my encumberment to -5 or was it -6.

(still got a lot of stuff in my wardrobe)

Also, can't I just cast my Personal Charriot spell once I get outside?

Lightened Backpack, it decreases the cumulative size of your inventory by 6.(No student should be without one)

With good strength and concelment skills it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, the Knots skill says it helps you pack for trips and helps prevent accidents with your luggage.

Who knows... Maybe the Planning skill could be used to plan the way you pack your items.

With good sleight of hand skills like Conceal you will likely get away with a lot.

There might even be a spell or two that could help you.

Yeah, Mr. Pebbles requires the Wand of Insanity in order to get rid of him.

Legate? can you explain what happens to the textbooks for our Y1 classes? Is it possible we can keep them as items in Y2? Sort of like as an additional reference material?

well, there's also a chance that the academy forces kids to 'buy' the books in the beginning of the year, so that the next year they can get fresh copies of the books. The academy is large and rich enough that they can write it off as part of the tuition.

If Metis is right though, maybe we can get our hands on the used and worn (but still usable) texbooks from Y1 for a little bit of money. Maybe even the ones for classes we didn't attend... ;)

I don't think the Academagia would do something so cheap, especially seeing as how, IIRC, they have a habit of covering for a student's tuition if they're sufficiently awesome but insufficiently rich. I'm pretty sure the teachers would have some kind of magic to mass-repair the old books.

And if you want Y1 textbooks, I'm pretty sure you could just buy them in town. There ought to be someone in Mineta that publishes them, after all.

I don't think the Academagia would do something so cheap, especially seeing as how, IIRC, they have a habit of covering for a student's tuition if they're sufficiently awesome but insufficiently rich.

Which is why I think the school could afford to put those books on the tab of tuition, which, the school itself would then cover. (if they would have covered the tuition anyway)

Yeah, Mr. Pebbles requires the Wand of Insanity in order to get rid of him.

Legate? can you explain what happens to the textbooks for our Y1 classes? Is it possible we can keep them as items in Y2? Sort of like as an additional reference material?

He's the easy one to get home, leave him behind - and yet he someone manages to come along. I'd say "tie cool stuff to him so that it magically comes with him", but from the comments I suspect that what came with him...wouldn't be good.

I do a last-week clear out at Garibaldi's to cut the amount of junk I'm carrying around.

What I want to do is leave Gera's letter in the cupboard for the student who has my room next year ;-)

I will not however be leaving them Diavesque, the Book of Shadows, or a few of the other "ignorance is no excuse, you have it, you hang for it" items that randomly popped up here and there as term progresses - that could get unfortunate.

Diavesque knows Gates, so he could just teleport himself like Mr. Pebbles can. What I want to know if it would be possible to toss Mr. Pebbles off of Elumia and have him fall all the way to the surface, only to have him reappear up above anyway so he can tell you (by which I mean "Master him into telling you") what the surface is like.

It... Probably wouldn't work like that. Pebbles can't teleport.

If you toss him off an island a far more likely possibility is that a bird catches him mid-fall, and carries him off to a misadventure somewhere, finally returning to you with a temporary fake Merilian accent, and smelling of manure.

Alternatively he's specifically targeting kids because they're young and more...what's the word, malleable? It's one thing to manipulate an adult that knows better but doesn't care, it's another thing to control a kid that doesn't know better and quickly learns that, yes, being able to summon demons to put down those irritating nuisances is really awesome.

It... Probably wouldn't work like that. Pebbles can't teleport.

If you toss him off an island a far more likely possibility is that a bird catches him mid-fall, and carries him off to a misadventure somewhere, finally returning to you with a temporary fake Merilian accent, and smelling of manure.

Hmm...so what if you cast a spell on Mr. Pebbles first to, say, electrocute anyone that comes near him? Or what if you first tossed him into a batch of molten metal and cast that into an anvil? I guess he wouldn't really be able to see anything in that last instance but, you know, there's magic for that.

I'm not sure. For the first case I expect that he might land on a passing airship and badly electrocute anybody who tried to touch him, causing the talking rock to get the attention of a passenger mage to negate the shocking spell and take him.... Until he wouldn't shut up causing the rock to be thrown away upon hitting port in Mineta. He'd arrive to you stuck to a customs form that explains that you owe a 120 pim 'import tax' for letting a magical rock into the country.

For the second, I expect that the iron anvil you used to seal the rock into would be disintegrated into tiny pieces upon hitting the maelstrom. Mr. Pebbles and the iron would reform in different Vitae wellsprings. Mr Pebbles would then return to you mysteriously in your pocket talking about Dragons, while you were sleeping.

I don't think the Academagia would do something so cheap, especially seeing as how, IIRC, they have a habit of covering for a student's tuition if they're sufficiently awesome but insufficiently rich. I'm pretty sure the teachers would have some kind of magic to mass-repair the old books.

And if you want Y1 textbooks, I'm pretty sure you could just buy them in town. There ought to be someone in Mineta that publishes them, after all.

If I remember right we have events in this game that show that we have used text books. There was one event where the text of a page is invisible thank to a spell of the previous owner then I also think remembering a event where a previous owner left his own notes.

I'm not sure. For the first case I expect that he might land on a passing airship and badly electrocute anybody who tried to touch him, causing the talking rock to get the attention of a passenger mage to negate the shocking spell and take him.... Until he wouldn't shut up causing the rock to be thrown away upon hitting port in Mineta. He'd arrive to you stuck to a customs form that explains that you owe a 120 pim 'import tax' for letting a magical rock into the country.

For the second, I expect that the iron anvil you used to seal the rock into would be disintegrated into tiny pieces upon hitting the maelstrom. Mr. Pebbles and the iron would reform in different Vitae wellsprings. Mr Pebbles would then return to you mysteriously in your pocket talking about Dragons, while you were sleeping.

And that is why I'll never pick Mr. Pebbles. Because I'd spend far too long trying to think of the perfect way to get rid of him, only for it to fail.

Actually what if you go with the "cast in iron anvil" idea, cast a bunch of magic on it to temporarily make it lighter, jump off Elumia to summon the Lord of Hawks, go to the small obsidian isle, leave the anvil there and go back?

If I remember right we have events in this game that show that we have used text books. There was one event where the text of a page is invisible thank to a spell of the previous owner then I also think remembering a event where a previous owner left his own notes.

Well, that solves that. Re-used books that were not perfectly fixed. I guess trying to fix in bulk does that. The possibility of leaving behind a note is interesting, though...

Chances are, in your scenario, the mages (or monsters) would come there and sense powerful magic within the anvil, causing them to break it open only to find that they can't learn anything from it. (Or eat it) free to his own devices, Pebbles would explore until he found his way back via the throne the player uses in the adventure to return. :)

really? it didn't seem the familiar got any choice the last time i read that ability ? there again its been like a year . Hmm... guess i have to find the ability's name to be sure.

edit: well that was fast thanks google to make my life so easy and boring I guess :rolleyes:

Gift of the familiar:

http://academagia.wikia.com/wiki/Gift_of_the_Familiar_(Action)