Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Oh speaking of free's signature, actually, is this a quote that can be added to the pile?

OK;

It's difficult to judge when the sequel will be released.

First, we have to complete the new design document. Once that is done, we'll have the new tools built. After this phase the content needs to be created and reviewed- and finally, the game has to be tested. wink.gif

We expect to be able to launch the sequel in less time than it took this one, but Hawkey's estimate is probably correct: ~1-2 years. During this time we will be continually supporting this game with DLC- right up to launch, in fact. smile.gif

Oh speaking of free's signature, actually, is this a quote that can be added to the pile?

Legate of Mineta, on 16 Aug 2010 - 11:31 AM, said:snapback.png

OK;

It's difficult to judge when the sequel will be released.

First, we have to complete the new design document. Once that is done, we'll have the new tools built. After this phase the content needs to be created and reviewed- and finally, the game has to be tested. wink.gif

We expect to be able to launch the sequel in less time than it took this one, but Hawkey's estimate is probably correct: ~1-2 years. During this time we will be continually supporting this game with DLC- right up to launch, in fact. smile.gif

Well, I was aware of that also, but I didn't want the sig to blow up in text. So I added the bare minimum. The team was good as their word on DLC every month for I think about a year or so, and then they shifted their priorities with other games leaving me to cry in a corner. :(

Gotta make money though, so I understand, regardless of how much I whine. Plus DLC 16 was worth like 4-5 of the early ones from what I recall. (Of course Mr. Pebbles was the star of that one, so go figure. :rolleyes: )

But in any case legate, even if it isn't as polished as you would like at the current time, how would you say the state of Y2 is compared to Y1 at release?

Can we get the ability to visit other regions for extended time trough the summer break?

As fare I understand it we can visit the Academy backgrounds we took trough the summer break if we are living in the same region.

Because most player live in Mineta many academy are off limit for them unless there is a way that let the player stay there for a week or longer.

I don't know how you handling CoS and other hidden effects in year 2 but if they stay hidden I would love to have a build in "debug screen" that display the hidden effects like CoS / CoF and the result of the last roll.

This debug screen should be easy to call any time similar to what the F12 is for the game version and internal event and adventure name.

For Glory I think it should become public as its effect is very direct to see.

(I know we had some suggestions in this direction already this time its just a idea how you can get this practical into the game)

I asked for this debug screen because it help a lot to get more info when someone suspect something is wrong with the randomness.

So fare we need to upload a save that you then have to check just because someone had a lot of bad luck and don't know why.

Also if you say its just for debugging then you don't need to make special graphics to integrate it into the UI.

Freespace approves ^

...And maybe make it so that if all choices are picked, you get a bonus or 2 to dispassion, seeing as how you would obviously not care about the rest of the school, lol.

Dispassion bonuses in that case makes sense on so many levels, not only on a social level, but due to all that, it takes quite a bit to surprise you or impress you, because you've seen a lot of extravagant or noteworthy things since you were a child.

It makes total sense. (not my favourite expression, but it works :P )

Because I just found out that Alchemy Tools 7 is actual a empty place how about to add the Infirmary Library there and in the adventure that so fare give the Library to the player (s)he not only learn about the location but also get the visitation rights.

It also don't have the problem from a previous suggestion to put the visitation rights to Martin Leith's Favor table as this would actual mean that the char also learn of the location if (s)he get this favor.