Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

What's driving me nuts is the concept that I might have to wait 20 years for the conclusion to the plotlines that we started so long ago already.

Well, If I ever win the lottery, I'll donate a million dollars or two to speed the team up, right after I pay outright for Freespace 3 and Megaman Legends 3.

What's driving me nuts is the concept that I might have to wait 20 years for the conclusion to the plotlines that we started so long ago already.

Well, If I ever win the lottery, I'll donate a million dollars or two to speed the team up, right after I pay outright for Freespace 3 and Megaman Legends 3.

I would love to see Freespace 3 aswell :) It was a damn impressive space combat game with great atmosphere, story, even the music in the intros were great.

Right now I'm waiting for Squadron 42 and Star Citizen to deliver some space combat and Sci-fi fun.

I loved the Beam weapons on the big ships in Freespace 2 and the flakguns, it really added to the feeling of presence. Even if Icouldn't use them myself being limited to small fighters and bombers.

Hopefully Academagia year 2 and ofcourse the save conversion thing won't take too long! Cant wait to see some of that out of school stuff, and then get back to school for another year of crazy.

Most of my students picked up at least a few points in Dueling skills, except the ones who really shouldn't be around a school of magic or athletic activities in general.

One of my students even boosted the familiars Dueling skills and prepared it for some serious dueling!

And then I got my fist student in one of my old saves who ended up in the infirmary a lot, still it was an interesting run. He got fairly decent at research and found that bloodsteel wall, or was it Steelbloodwall... Which ever. Then I spawned a another 20 or so students. The challenge will be to keep track of the saves.

I usually like to put a few points into dueling circles and some other bit.... What was it? Dueling... Gargh. Mostly because my wizards absolutely suck at incantation unless they're in Godina. I'm more into negation and its versatility, although it's not much for full on combat.

As for the later years... I think I can make it! Maybe... It feels like the world of Academagia is a giant desert and I'm dragging myself through it completely parched searching for the Oasis called Y2!! X{P I'm really curious to see the continuation of the adventure 'An Outing'. I have one particularly evil Durand student that declined the "you-know-what" and is also the black sheep of a traitorous family. Also considering some of the incredibly nosy students at school (lookin' at you Cobo) I can see Xan becoming quite the topic.

The Praetextia isn't something that the game has gone in depth about, but hot darn I fear the heck out of them!

I think all current magic schools at Acedemagia have some use for duels

Glamour: trick the senses of the opponent so that (s)he fill one of the lose criteria's i.e. step outside of the circle

Negation: Protection, not so great in offense

Revision: Very flexible in offense, defence and preparation

Incantation: Great offense

Astrology: Great in preparation but in the duel it self not that useful

Luck/Incantation unlocked through the Astrology skillset

I guess that explains why I made a connection there.

Tbh, skills like Anatomy should probably make you a better melee and ranged combatant, by knowing your oponents anatomy and weakspots better.

Maybe +1 to Wrestling and Archery, if you're good/proficient at it? Fencing, if that ever makes it in-game other than a scripted adventure using competition as a skill check for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Bassan adventure 9: Perhaps the Running exit can be promoted to a full exit, complete with attribute point and suitably difficult roll, for adventuresome (or slightly dim) PCs that have some degree of sense (and a specific value thereof) and/or no interest in a Mastery book of Certain Death Attraction?

Bassan adventure 9: Perhaps the Running exit can be promoted to a full exit, complete with attribute point and suitably difficult roll, for adventuresome (or slightly dim) PCs that have some degree of sense (and a specific value thereof) and/or no interest in a Mastery book of Certain Death Attraction?

There certainly must be more to that book, but I guess the description does mention that you're only able to understand some of it. Which granted the character the basics.

Also, when you are on the Island there is an escape option, using the throne and getting a professor before you enter that room with the book. Once you go for the book room you're committed to checking it out.

Also, given how close they were to breaching the protective field keeping them out it also seems too late to just run, or they will get that book. Which might be very bad for you and everyone else.

There is indeed an earlier option to run, one not tied to a skill check even, but my point is that the later Running check doesn't hand out an attribute even on a successful roll. So the only way to get one from doing that adventure is getting the evil Mastery book of murderous lich attraction. Which is a really bad idea.

As for the barrier they're actually about 30+ years from breaching it IIRC, the only one in the room that can walk through it is the PC. Hence why running the heck away to fetch Orsi or Briardi, who can possibly deal with those things before that time, is a very smart idea.

There is indeed an earlier option to run, one not tied to a skill check even, but my point is that the later Running check doesn't hand out an attribute even on a successful roll. So the only way to get one from doing that adventure is getting the evil Mastery book of murderous lich attraction. Which is a really bad idea.

As for the barrier they're actually about 30+ years from breaching it IIRC, the only one in the room that can walk through it is the PC. Hence why running the heck away to fetch Orsi or Briardi, who can possibly deal with those things before that time, is a very smart idea.

I'm guessing you got some information I havn't, it sounds like it was getting really weak, maybe it's enchanted to ward off liches rather than kids? I'm guessing 30 years commes from an outside source, unless that's something the teachers tells you(I never did that part).

Whoever tried to stop them last time(One of Briardi's predecessors) died decades ago.

Who ever they were that quest made them seem incredibly weak.