Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Shouldn't Incantation Methods 5 where we get Snowstorm also have a Lore from Professor Knoht about the Weather Office and that they don't like it when someone use weather magic like Snowstorm?

(Sorry about all the suggestions, bug reports etc. but in a RPG game I read trough things I usually skip past)

Snowstorm's spell description, for reference:

Snow storms not only cause freezing temperatures, but they also cause conditions where it’s impossible to see beyond your nose. Snow Storm is a spell that creates a blizzard that rains down on a target. It will Decrease the target’s skill at Observation by 1 and Add to the target a point of Damage and the Shivering affliction - and, just to add insult to injury, a point of Stress as well. There are no Rolls required; effects last for two days.

I was going to say something about "year 1 magic", but that description doesn't leave much to the imagination.

Shouldn't Incantation Methods 5 where we get Snowstorm also have a Lore from Professor Knoht about the Weather Office and that they don't like it when someone use weather magic like Snowstorm?

(Sorry about all the suggestions, bug reports etc. but in a RPG game I read trough things I usually skip past)

If we get such a lore it would be good if it is added to Incantation Spells 4 as well as Torrential Downpour also sound like a spell that would be restricted by the Weather Office.

Spell description:

Any victim of your Torrential Downpour will suffer a 3 point Decrease to Endurance and a 1 point Decrease to Luck for two days. There are no Rolls required.

Rain is necessary for the survival of a people. It keeps crops sustainable, washes away debris, and keeps the climate at bearable temperatures. However, when rain comes in abundance, it can become destructive. Torrential Downpour is a spell that mimics the harmful aspects of rain. Dark ominous clouds form in the sky, and a hard driving rain falls in the area.

I'm thinking the Snowstrom and Torrentaldownpour is a very localised effect, especialy at our first year and I guess second year powerlevels of phemes. Probably wouldn't be very much noticed by the weather office. The other end of the extreme is the previous Headmaster ofthe Academagia that tried to wash away both the City and the Academagia.

I'm pretty sure he used far more powerful spells and rituals to create the storm and flood.

Bright Young Vernin 06a and b I think an Awareness roll to realize that Heinri Offendfeldt secretly point to the top of the spire could be an alternative exit for this step.

Also this step make me wonder about the endurance of the chair man as he might be waiting for weeks at the spire for the player to show up ^^.

Bright Young Vernin 06a and b I think an Awareness roll to realize that Heinri Offendfeldt secretly point to the top of the spire could be an alternative exit for this step.

Also this step make me wonder about the endurance of the chair man as he might be waiting for weeks at the spire for the player to show up ^^.

Or maybe the player notices that Heinri is throwing glances at the spire or looks at a painting of the spire when he mentions the Chairman. Or.... Maybe he was paining a painting of the Chairman on top of the Spire as you were entering and he was there posing for some crazy painting that was supposed to have some kind of symbolic meaning.... The later would even be a good excuse for the insanity of it all, as there would be a reason for a grown man to be doing something other than hanging up there to play with a kid and possible new member to the society.

My bet would be that there is some crazy reason for him being there.. Someone painting him, or he's spying on someone or some people for some reason. Or he made an insane drunken bet and doesn't want to give up... In the later case some Gossip might be able to inform you about the crazy bet and whereabout of the Chairman of the Merchants guild....

I'm sure there was some reason other than the player's initiation that made an adult person do something that crazy...

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't Y1 have a demo somewhere? I vaguely recall such a thing. There's evidence of a 30 minute demo on the Admissions page of the Actual Academagia website, but I don't know how to access it, and don't care enough now that I've got the real thing again! :)

Can you send the one responsible for the steam account to clean up the spam that start to appear at the Academagia greenlight page?

Also I think you missed my last suggestion here:

Because Academagia is DRM free I'm not sure if a play for free weekend at Steam is such a great thing but I think over all it should bring more customer because there is no real way to test the game at moment. (Maybe its a good idea to do it not long before year 2 comes out)

• 3 weeks later...

Often younger wizards use Wands and older wizards a Staff which might double as a walking stick maybe.... How about using your staff as a blunt weapon in an emergency... Or perhaps a bladed staff...

Maybe that Cobra staff could have a bluntdamage stat for when you hit someone with it.

Kind of imagine it looking somewhat like Jaffar's staff..

always seen carrying agold, ruby-eyed, cobra headed staff to supplement his magical powers.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/1/17/Jafarrmdd.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130412025115

Is "Staff of the Eye" the only staff available in Year 1?

Staffs would probably have more room for Enchanting and Orthography than a small wand, and it would probably be a a lot more useful at hitting someone.

The description seems to hint at more power and potential in the "Staff of the Eye" that might be unlockable later? Right now it gives Charm, concentration and 2 Glamour.

Also, things like the Sword of Kush, will there be a way to try and restore it? It's description says it's Rusty and showing it's years.

I guess there might be quite a few items that might not be showing it's full potential, like books you can barely read or understand.