Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

How about have follow up adventures where the player need 2 out of 3+ Adventures or even only 1 out of X Adventures (like it is planed with the main adventure) for the follow up. This way the start is a bit more difficult to write but allow more player to do the same adventure. I.e. let say there 4 adventure about the Venalicium in year 1 and doing any 2 (or maybe just 1) out of this 4 would be good enough for get the follow up year 2 adventure about the Vanalicium.

Also i.e. Office Hours would be a great place for something like I suggested yesterday that you select a Professor or Class and gain beside the Increase with the Professor also a increase in a suitable skill instead of a random one.

• 2 weeks later...

Schwarzbart;

1) Will year 2 event be able to open a shop where the player can decide what to buy to simulate temporary or wandering shops?

That would be amazing, but I don't think that will be in Y2.

Just to think about it temporary shops that have limitless supplies should be able to be done already in year 1 using investigation. At last if I remember right and investigation don't vanish as long the requirement is fulfilled, so that set a money requirement should be enough. Because I don't think year 2 will cut on what can be done in year 1 already that could be a idea for some different temporary shops that sell low end materials. (could you forward this idea to your writer if the idea actual work in year 2 because I'm sure they could come up with many such temporary shops.)

Some fast ideas from me in this direction:

- a farmer selling his fruits and other products direct to avoid the taxes

- writing supplies from a shady character because the thief guild stolen the wrong crates (maybe the big guy from Random Event Thieves Guild 1 make his appearance again ^^)

I've been wondering what types of healing mastery and Sync might be good at.....

Maybe they could be good at helping a skilled healer heal neural damage and paralysis? By being able to feel that other person, their pain and ghostmemory of what it was like to feel their legs and move them, they could then focus on using revision healing to heal that specific damage that would otherwise be impossible just by knowing anatomy in general. Instead you connect to the lifeform you're healing, feelign what they feel feeling their nervoussystem, feeling phantom pain's and what's been lost.

That could make for a good Adventure for peopel with mastery and sync.

I see Mastery and it's subsidiary skills as mental, not physical. The mind is a seperate thing from the brain, you know. So I would rely on other magics for physical healing.

Even things like easing pain would not really stop the physical nerves from sending out signals, just keeping the mind from interpreting the data, imo.

I see Mastery and it's subsidiary skills as mental, not physical. The mind is a seperate thing from the brain, you know. So I would rely on other magics for physical healing.

Even things like easing pain would not really stop the physical nerves from sending out signals, just keeping the mind from interpreting the data, imo.

I meant that feeling what that other person feelt and their memories of what things were like would help you locate the pain, the healing would then be doing by physicly healing the nerve damage with Revision magic.

Sync seems like the best skill that's less brute force and more working with your patient, while Mastery, even if you get some kind of permission and explain it to the patient it might still be more brutish since you didn't train at being delicate or actually delving into your targets and rather just force your will on them. It should be doable But I can see it being easier and more "instinctive" "familiar" with Sync than just Mastery studies.

The sync/mastery skill would be used to help you pinpoint the problem. You would then need very skilled Revision medical skills to repair it once you know where the problem is.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wondering what types of healing mastery and Sync might be good at.....

Maybe they could be good at helping a skilled healer heal neural damage and paralysis? By being able to feel that other person, their pain and ghostmemory of what it was like to feel their legs and move them, they could then focus on using revision healing to heal that specific damage that would otherwise be impossible just by knowing anatomy in general. Instead you connect to the lifeform you're healing, feelign what they feel feeling their nervoussystem, feeling phantom pain's and what's been lost.

That could make for a good Adventure for peopel with mastery and sync.

Any kind of psychological injury should be resolvable by either approach. Sync and mastery would also be able to alter the perception of the stimulus as that is all created in the brain. In terms of actual physical injury I can see either being used to trigger the placebo effect, encourage people into a comatose state, and indirectly affect the body by calming emotions, easing sleep, etc but suspect that detailed mind-over-body stuff would be beyond the knowledge of the era - in practice phsyical healing is so straight forward with negation that the much slower method of finessing the brain to manipulate hormone releases, etc to encourage the body to repair itself at a faster than normal pace or in directed ways, which are in theory quite possible with either mastery or sync, wouldn't have been discovered.

Any kind of psychological injury should be resolvable by either approach. Sync and mastery would also be able to alter the perception of the stimulus as that is all created in the brain. In terms of actual physical injury I can see either being used to trigger the placebo effect, encourage people into a comatose state, and indirectly affect the body by calming emotions, easing sleep, etc but suspect that detailed mind-over-body stuff would be beyond the knowledge of the era - in practice phsyical healing is so straight forward with negation that the much slower method of finessing the brain to manipulate hormone releases, etc to encourage the body to repair itself at a faster than normal pace or in directed ways, which are in theory quite possible with either mastery or sync, wouldn't have been discovered.

Revision can heal a broken leg or birds wing, knowledge of what you're healing is kind of required though, you need to pinpoint the what needs to be healed. When healing a broken or fractured bone the spell tends to use the casters knowledge of anatomy to guide the healing action.

I was thinking that perhaps Mastery or Sync could be used to sense the pain in the nerve endings and severed nerve fibres sending the healing revision energy along those pathway restoring them. Order the patients comatose legs to move and have the healing revision magic follow along in that direction.

This type of healing probably wouldn't be needed very often and few people would know about it, fewer still after Mastery got banned and both beneficial and more offensive invasive practices were banned.(With the exception for those few that actually got a licence that almost noone seems to know about)

More complex jobs usually requiers more than one skill set to get it right.

In my case above knowing Mastery or Sync wouldn't be enough to heal them, though it might be possible to offer them a pain release, at least temporarily, not sure if it's possible to offer a permanent release with those skills. But by adding Revision it might be possible to also heal the damage.

You probably have to be pretty skilled in both. Negation.... Maybe it could be used to remove the pain, not sure if that is permanent or has a duration. You could remove simple nettle stings with Negation. Maybe removing the pain with guided Negation would be easier than actually healing the nerve fibres with guided revision... Maybe it would take fewer points?

Removing phantom pains would then be easier than making a paralyzed or comatose patient regain their bodily functions.

• 3 weeks later...

I brought to think about why don't like most modern day RPGs. My conclusion is that the area they allow to explore got to big and so because I think I might miss something start to explore aimless and complete lose the focus of the story and soon become frustrated from the lack of interesting things to find or do and drop the game. The old RPGs didn't have this problem because you either just had a map where you did go from a to b, had only very limited space to explore like Baldurs Gate or had a dungeon of limited size per floor.

Why I brought this up here is because I think one of the reason I love Academagia so much is because it complete cut out the manual walking around from more typical RPGs. (Sure it would still great to see where you move to on a map but that is not manual walking around ^^)

Edit: there was also an article I read recently about Teleportation in Pen and Paper Games an why the GM hate and the player love it. For the player it allow to skip the "uninteresting" and "unenganging" downtimes of travel but for the GM it removes times to bring in important encounter.

I've been of the opinion for some time now, that the limitations on older systems and PCs actually forced developers to be more creative, which helped to improve the overall game experience

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if spells like this are already in but if not I think they should be added:

1) Shelve: within a library telekinetic put a book back into the right place it belongs to. I would say this is a Astrology spell (to not have to over come a magic resistance in the divination part) that roll on Filling and need the Air pheme (for the lifting)

2) Summary: give a short summary of the touched book. Think this time a combination of Negation (for the divination part) and Glamour for the output of the summary should work.

I'm not sure if spells like this are already in but if not I think they should be added:

1) Shelve: within a library telekinetic put a book back into the right place it belongs to. I would say this is a Astrology spell (to not have to over come a magic resistance in the divination part) that roll on Filling and need the Air pheme (for the lifting)

2) Summary: give a short summary of the touched book. Think this time a combination of Negation (for the divination part) and Glamour for the output of the summary should work.

I'm sure they exist in a world like Academagi since the opposite does, but I doubt it's in our characters spellbooks.

• 3 weeks later...