Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

This is mostly a wish, but some way to identify multiple items at once would be nice. It may not be appropriate for a first year student, but surely the registry would be able to handle such a request for additional fees?

Torolf;

It can be done, but there's a technical limitation: you can't scale the number. So, for instance, if you have an Ability which would allow you to Identify 3 Items, but you have only one you want Identified...you still have to provide values for the other two.

I am not sure there's a good way to handle it in Year 1, but there's nothing stopping the Action from being created.

A couple more random things from most recent play-through:

Despite getting all four subskills of Enchant to 11, the parent skill remained only 10. Bruno still took top marks at finals (midterms was a different story) but he was cheated out of 10 points!

The restore books action lists increasing the bookbinder skill by one step, despite the fact that I received the action upon getting the bookbinder subskill at level 10.

Torolf;

It can be done, but there's a technical limitation: you can't scale the number. So, for instance, if you have an Ability which would allow you to Identify 3 Items, but you have only one you want Identified...you still have to provide values for the other two.

I am not sure there's a good way to handle it in Year 1, but there's nothing stopping the Action from being created.

I think we also can live with the "fact" that year 1 item divination spells are simply to time consuming to do 2 or more at once. ^^

One thing that's been causing me difficulties is the list of Adventures, or, more specifically, their titles. Because every stage of an adventure has a different name, I'm finding it very difficult to keep track of which adventure is which. I usually have many in progress at once, making it an even harder task.

There are a couple like Els' Adventure which have consistent titles, but the majority of them differ from scene to scene, forcing me to take a guess as to which one belongs to which student. Many of the titles just describe the current stage and don't refer to a connection with the previous stage, so it can also be very hard to figure out from context when you're attempting the stage for the first time. Then you get multiple Adventures dealing with the same type of topic, ie cooking, so that you can't tell which one belongs to which cooking-related Adventure, etc. I can't even write the list down for a reference as to which is which, because the titles keep changing every time a stage is completed! I'd much prefer it if Adventures just had one title for the whole thing, or at least put the name of the relevant student/topic in brackets at the start of each stage title. They definitely need a consistent identifier of some sort.

Another issue is the right-hand menu. This has probably been mentioned already, but whenever I want to set skills and locations for my character's schedule and the right-hand menu comes up, I can't interact with anything else on the other menus. Nor can I even scroll up and down to view things. This has been frustrating for me, as I'd often like to check to refer to items, skills, abilities and so on while I've got the right menu open, and I can't. Because of this, I frequently find myself opening the menu and then having to close it again to check something (usually how many steps I need for the next skill level), only to open it again... it's time-consuming, especially with the click delay on top of that. Plus, of course, all the locations you enter reset once you close the menu, so you have to put them in all over again...

Finally, also with the right menu, when I save the game it would be nice to automatically return to it rather than having to click the 'back' button. Again, as long as that menu is open, I can't do anything else. Just getting rid of that extra step would be great!

Bipbipbopbop;

Another Academagian has requested that the chain of Adventures be in some form shown to you when you go to select them. We'll probably start that implementation with a simple roll-over, showing the names of the Adventures in that chain that you have completed already.

The right-menu interactivity is a known issue- the problem here is that although it could be made such that you could interact with the left menu, the right menu is used for display. One potential solution is to use the main window for Confirmation, so you can freely interact with both the left and right sides.

Thanks!

Ok but it still would be nice if for the skiping classes when there would be a imediatly difficult check when you get this about a class skill and if you success you dont get the detention (but still you illegal items are confistated).

Because this time by 2. Aurit when I train only one more Skill by 1 point I could imediatly thake exam and score all with at last 100 points. (And no I didnt help the skills maxing on prupose)

I think I can see what Schwarzbart is getting at, and I'd like to take a stab at giving a bit more complete answer.

As the dev team has stated in at least one interview, part of the character of the respected fictional magical user is that they have great power, but they temper that with wisdom and responsibility. That is part of what the professors at the Academagia represent, and that is something that they are trying to instill in the students. Could your character pass their final exam halfway through the school term? Perhaps, but he has an obligation to attend classes, and if one shirks their obligations, can they really be considered responsible? Is it wise to pass up the opportunity to learn from someone more experienced than you if you think you've learned all the tricks they can teach you?

To the contrary, learning all that you want to as quickly as possible and then running off is often considered a hallmark of an evil, greedy person. The staff and professors of the Academagia understand this, and they will do everything they can to help steer their students towards a path of morality and ethical living. After all, they realize better than most people just how much power a fully trained wizard can command, and just how dangerous that is for the world if used carelessly or, worse, maliciously.

Hopefully this all sounds good to you, Legate. I also fully expect to see courses on philosophy and ethics in the later years at the Academagia. It's the responsible thing to do, after all. :)

Training familiars needs to be easier than it is, and adventure skill checks are pretty much ridiculous and also need to be somewhat easier. I just ran through a year focused ENTIRELY on finishing my two familiar adventure lines, and barely managed to succeed(my rabbit saved the world!) just before final exams. Then I studied like crazy in order to get passing grades on my finals. I did. barely.