Black Chicken Studios Forums
Hawkey

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

@Legate of Mineta: Would it be permissible to write an adventure in which one of the PC's classmates is implied to have snuck some intoxicant to use during a banquet for adults? It would be Miya, if that makes any difference. She is hardly the most honest or rule-abiding.

@Legate of Mineta: I am thinking about writing a scene for the opening of Y2 in which Pelia grants the PC an ingame ability to study brewing with her (gaining a study level in brewing and a skill level in a brewing subskill whenever used). My questions are:

Would this benefit be over-powered?

Would this event and ability be redundant? I mean, in Y1, Pelia is already set up as an instructor for the PC in alchemy, so maybe this will already be in Y2.

+1 skill level as opposed to +1 skill step is a little out there, at least as far as Y1 would be concerned. No clue whether Y2 would consider it unbalanced.

35 minutes ago, Metis said:

+1 skill level as opposed to +1 skill step is a little out there, at least as far as Y1 would be concerned. No clue whether Y2 would consider it unbalanced.

In all fairness, brew is a specialized skill that is not as generally used as, for example, blackmail. Still, I will take both of your thoughts into consideration. The way I see it, though, it seems to be about equal in power to Zoe's study ability, which grants two skill step and two study levels as the player chooses. @Legate of Mineta, would you be more accepting of my proposed mechanic if in were time-limited (say, once per week). Speaking of which, has more effort been created to make sure that Y2 abilities that are supposed to be usable only once per week or the like are usable only that often?

Rhi;

Well, as with any fan-created submission, the Team will review it (and make changes if needed!), so I don't think you need to worry too much about the specifics. It's the intent that matters more.

But, it's always more helpful to have something closer to what would be entered in the game, so in that spirit, I'd say it probably deviates a bit too much from what else is out there. True, Brew is not as often used as others, but...that's Y1. :)

20 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

Well, as with any fan-created submission, the Team will review it (and make changes if needed!), so I don't think you need to worry too much about the specifics. It's the intent that matters more.

But, it's always more helpful to have something closer to what would be entered in the game, so in that spirit, I'd say it probably deviates a bit too much from what else is out there. True, Brew is not as often used as others, but...that's Y1. :)

What about +1 skill step, then? Is that better?

I'd say +2, maybe +1 and +1 Poisons (describe it as Pelia unintentionally teaching that through "here's how you don't do this process, or else you end up with this" if necessary) since Poisons is such a hard skill to learn relative to Alchemical Tools/Analyse/Chemistry. Of course who knows whether that'll still be the case in Y2, certainly not me ;).

• Like 1

@Legate of Mineta: Maybe you could create a hidden variable for NPCs that would make them never use gates magic (and the same for mastery magic) - adjusted for their characters. This would allow them to learn these forbidden pillars through various ways but avoid a problem of too many characters getting expelled for illegal magic use.

The crystals in the cave are not alive from my imagination after all its "just" a hidden away beginner library and the test you have to do is against a "simulation" of a mind. (The team might view this different) 

But with a adventure already in year 1 where a toy become alive there is the chance that after century if not millennia of wear and tear a mastery related device can become alive, especial when there was no maintenance. I think one or more of the crystals you can use to train your magic could have this problem.

If you don't mind that only few players will ever see this adventure, as the place is supposed to very difficult to find, I don't mind if you write something.

3 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

The crystals in the cave are not alive from my imagination after all its "just" a hidden away beginner library and the test you have to do is against a "simulation" of a mind. (The team might view this different) 

But with a adventure already in year 1 where a toy become alive there is the chance that after century if not millennia of wear and tear a mastery related device can become alive, especial when there was no maintenance. I think one or more of the crystals you can use to train your magic could have this problem.

If you don't mind that only few players will ever see this adventure, as the place is supposed to very difficult to find, I don't mind if you write something.

That is even more interesting than I thought. Story writing, here I come!

@Rhialto you also have to make sure that it not conflict with the Y2 adventure to join the summer class between Y2 and Y3.

You can find my adventure writing for Y2 and some of my other ideas regarding this cave in this thread (there you also find out about the test I talked in the posting before):

• Like 1