Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Something I'd like to note is that whether a spell is classified as Gates/Mastery isn't necessarily obvious from seeing it's effects, and with it being proscribed few people should be really able to tell the difference (fewer still of which would ever actually admit to having such knowledge, as well).

Not saying that using such spells in a duel isn't a terrible idea, but it shouldn't be an automatic game over either. Not unless you end up with either the wrong person in the crowd. Or duelling you, of course...:ph34r:

@Legate of Mineta: 2 Questions:

1. Would it be permissible for me to have, in one of my adventures, a character coming from the Cyvan equivalent of Sindh to Mineta as a merchant?

2. Are there plans, for Y3 and later years, to have rumours about Prudence Cossins being a lesbian? Especially considering that the other foul-tempered tomboy in her year is a lesbian.

@Legate of Mineta: 2 quick questions.

1. Could I write an adventure in which the PC actually engages in burglary of a temple? Or would that be too blatantly evil for the game?

2. Could I write an adventure in which religions outside the Empire of Man are revealed to not be unified? Or would that contradict the setting's worldbuilding? If it Help, the division that I would be dealing with would be based upon the division between Saṃmitīya Pudgalavada Buddhism and all other Buddhist traditions (including my tradition).

I think a further clarification of that division you mentioned might help. I mean I'm just guessing here, but I don't think too many western people are familiar with the details of Saṃmitīya Pudgalavada Buddhism and how/why it's different from all other Buddhist traditions.

Unless it was in the news recently and I completely missed it, I guess, but in that case I wouldn't trust a news anchor to succeed where my Religious Studies classes (evidently) failed.

@Metis: leaving aside doctrinal differences, I quote from Wikipedia the following: "According to Tāranātha, Saṃmitīya monks from the Sindh burned tantric scriptures and destroyed a silver image of Hevajra at Vajrāsana monastery in Bodh Gaya."

I conceive of Cyve's equivalent of India as being very much like Xuanzang's description, in terms of dragon/naga cults in many places, coexisting with other religious practises. @Legate of Mineta, is this a reasonable basis for conceiving of it?

@Legate of Mineta: Are there plans for all Oncestrian students to be taking the same airship from Mineta during Y1's summer vacation (or at least a few of them together)? I ask because a story that I have been planning would, I realize, work best if Mairgrete Strakey, Prudence Cossins, and Cordelia Troublepot were togeter on their journey from Mineta to Oncestria for at least part of their trip.

13 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

No- it's individual routes and travel, *but* the idea is solid, and possibly in the future we'd want to do something like that.

May I PM to you the idea, then? Because it could, I hope, be salvaged.

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Could I write content in which Miya, as a religious/magical rite (cf., Shingon Buddhism) scatters flowers onto a Mandala?

2. Am I the only one who thinks that Uliva is a perfectly placed character to have a plausible story arc in which, depending upon the player's choices, she could become good or evil?