Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

On 10/22/2020 at 10:20 AM, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

The reply:

"In a way, the question can be read, "Is it possible to use illegal magic to make contact with another person's sleeping mind, or does it have to be legal?"  And, yeah, it's totally possible to do it illegally.  ;)

More seriously: magically tampering with people's dreams - up to and including murdering them in them with varying real-world consequences - is indeed a Mastery specialization of old, and it's really quite easy to use the same techniques in less violent ways.  Unless you're a virtuoso, the result almost certainly won't look like a normal conversation; it's much more likely that the sender would, say, leave a giant, fiery message for a dreamer to read than that he/she/they would appear in person.  (A dreamer's consciousness is somewhat disordered for conversational purposes to begin with, and most Mastery spells tend to increase the effect; even if a Mastery wizard did show up "in person" to speak, the dreamer's responses and understanding of what was being said would tend to be skewed and fragmentary.)

But, yes, it can be done."

1. So, if I were to write a way for Sima and the PC to use dream communications, that would be more evidence of Sima's ambiguous relationship to mastery magic, correct?

2. Will Y2's scheduling function allow players to determine what they do during the night to some degree? Because any dream-communion with Sima would be best occurring, from a narrative perspective, at night.

3. Can certain action in Y2 be limited to being scheduled to take place only during certain timeslots within a day?

4. On a completely unrelated topic, can I portray Uliva as eager to learn what other languages call various types of snakes?

1 hour ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

Interesting- alright, I'll ask. But I think in general the idea is that you use the side panels to display that kind of thing. I'll submit it. :)

Yes - in Y1 the side panels are used in order to reveal relationships but cannot be used to reveal how much money the PC has.

2)  In Minetan usage, a "fechtbuch" is really any kind of martial arts manual that might have been found in the libraries of the great war dukes of Staade in the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries.  Fencing manuals are a subcategory.

I personal would go with Kampfkunstbücher instead of Fechtbücher. But sometimes imported words of other languages have different meaning in the original language.

Because I think Y2 should have no achievements that can't get with Y2 alone how about only have the pure Y2 achievements report to Steam & co while the one that need Y1 also are only reported in the game it self. (Yes I know this probably mean you losing them when move between PC or uninstall the game)

1 hour ago, Legate of Mineta said:

I think it's likely unavoidable that Achievements don't span the years (as cool as that would be!)

1. The Choice of Games interactive fiction games' Steam achievements take into account multiple instalments in a series - can Academagia not do something similar?

2. Would this limitation affect the importation of games from Y1?

9 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

Didn't you suggest that before? I think it (will be) available in the side panels, but I've already passed that on. :)

Not as far as I recall. My previous suggestion was that there should be a link allowing players to click on daily reports about their PCs' money in order to gain information about how much money they have - rather like now players can click upon students' or professors' names in daily reports in order to see what their PCs' relationships with the characters are.