Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

@Legate of Mineta: I have a wonderful idea: Miya Hikari (possibly only in planned darker routes, possibly in all routes, given her ambition and criminal affiliations) could refer to her desire to become a sukeban (young female leader of a criminal gang). Certainly, I would like to write an adventure in which Miya refers to Dacota Pitts (whom I understand to be only about 17 in Y1's timeframe) as a sukeban.

@Legate of Mineta: I have an idea for an event triggered by having affection with Neta Xemutre and choosing to study at the Schohanwicht for the first time after achieving such a state in y2: a fae tauntingly tells the PC that Neta would be even more horrified about a PC studying Gates Magic than a normal human would be because Gates Magic is used to bind fae, and causes problems to part fae such as Neta. Whether such claims would be true within the setting, I know not, but I think that they would make a good taunt by a mischievous fae.

@Legate of Mineta: I have already referred to a Burmese feature (the game Sittuyin) in one of my writings at the Schohanwicht - so I was wondering if I might be able to add more references in other writings set at the Schohanwicht. After all, the Schohanwicht accepts students from all over Cyve. None of the additions would be major, but I thought that I might be inspired in my writings for this game by the book "The Buddha's Wizards: Magic, Protection, and Healing in Burmese Buddhism". On a lighter note, would it be permissible for me to add in a feature for a board-games club at the Schohanwicht School? Such would allow the player to gain skill-points by playing various boardgames not known in Mineta.

@Legate of Mineta: I have an idea which I have no idea how to write, since I (as a person and as a writer) have little understanding of the relevant topics, but here is the idea: an adventure in which the PC's study of Gates magic attracts attention as a gates mage from heretical followers of Aemean (if I have his name correct?) who support their persecuted brethren through specialized and necessary but unsavoury tasks (cf., Jews as money-lenders in Christian Europe, Buddhists and Zoroastrians as merchants in Hindu India) - perhaps printing books for a lower fee and with less censorship than official presses? They ask the PC to use gates magic in order to distribute their goods in exchange for access to forbidden texts. This could allow the PC to become actively involved in heresy, try to avoid such a deal, or accept (and perhaps be betrayed).

3 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

"1.  Wait, would that make Aaran Shinji?

For my part, I am inspired in writing Zoe by a line from Archilochus: "Yet faced with the darkness of the world, she does not shudder." Note that this line says nothing about her attitude towards the world's darkness - only her reaction to it. But Zoe has too many desires to be a good Rei expy.

And I have already said how I conceive of Tabin as being in a way like Thon, king of Egypt in the Odyssey.

2. They should post their fanfiction. I am writing some in which Beatrix uses gates magic in order to study dragons (which concept the team is welcome to use).