Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Knowing the familiar stay with us the whole five years justify the 3X difficulties to complete it's adventure due to their slow skill gain, but for now with only one year of them not being useful and such, maybe you can make them easy to raise until year two is released so we can enjoy the familiar's potential in this year instead. Maybe some easy code to +2 to all familiar stats?

If is too much trouble, I can manually change all the familiar stat to +2 with the incoming mod tool.

So I haven't played very much, so if this is already possible please forgive me, but one thing I would like to be able to do is to use mastery skills to mess with other student's familiars

Like A. Have the familiar try to 'cheat' in class/exams/whatever in a very obvious manner so that the other student gets a detention, B. Having it attack another student to make that student not like someone else more, (Good for setting a bully on someone... or on setting someone on the one bullying you.) C. As a more advanced version of B, having it attack someone where you can 'come to the rescue' achieving B's results as well as making someone like you more, D. Having it rob its owner so you can steal their stuff, E. As another more advanced version of B. Having Student A's familiar attack student B at the same time Student B's familiar attacks Student A, and so on.

As for Pamela, yes, being able to turn her into a true familiar would be nice. :rolleyes:

I love the new Dance of Fools Event but it feels to long for a Holiday event and I think I only managed it through it because I have Cleanse and Remake active.

Maybe this Event can split up so only the start is at the Holiday and it continue as Adventure?

Is the old Dance of Fools Event removed or is the new Event only with the right background/skills/Spells?

Edit: Can we have back the display if the detention continue or not? Because I thought the detention I got for Monday ends just to see detention again in my timeslot when I got to the next monday without geting a new detention.

Schwarzbart;

This particular Holiday Event was actually in response to a few Academagians that wanted a longer standalone Event- an experiment, if you will. :)

A quick peek in the Tools shows that the old one was unlinked.

We're still playing with the Detention Reporting. What we plan to do is have a statement in red, at the top of Feedback, tell you if the Detention continues or no, so you can easily tell. But I agree that if it continues it should appear at the time of the first Detention.

Thanks!

Actually I didn't even make it through the event (damnit!) but I love it, even if it is in an impossible length. I'll just have to explore it further in my second year :)

Quick edit: I hope you will expand a few of the other holiday events as well, you get a better feeling for an event when it goes a bit further than just half a page of tekst.

Another Quick edit: I was actually hoping that you might cast spells(beneficial only, of cause) on your familiar. They could really do with a little stat boosting for some of their (extensive!) training.

Would changing "stress minimum" to "perpetual stress" be more informative, when it comes to intuitively figuring out the nature of game mechanics? I was confused about what Stress Minimum was until I asked on the forums, so I wanted to see if I could make an more informative title.

Suggestion #2: Differentiate the ways to identify items.

Currently, I believe there is four methods of item identification: Trial & Error, being given information about it when you receive it, a side effect of attending class, or Consulting the Artifact Registry. I would like to suggest some changes to the Registry & the Trials, to make them more distinct from each other, and to try to see if we can get any ideas on how to make the process more interesting.

Consult the Registry - As an client, you may drop off multiple items for identification at the Registry. This costs 10 pims to enter into a contract with the Registry, plus an additional 20 pims when they identify the items and return each one to you. As such, it is cheaper to visit once a time slot to get a single item identified, since you will be staying long enough to take back the item after a brief checkup. However, by leaving multiple items with the registry, every day that passes will identify 1 item, without you having to be present. If you come back several days later, you will have the items returned to you once you pay the caretaking fee. This allows the player to "pay & forget" when dealing with item identification.

10 pims to identify a single item in a time slot.

Pay 10 pims to enter into a prolonged contract for item identification. Takes one time slot to negotiate the contract.

Pay 10 pims in advance per item given to the Registry for identification. Each item takes a day to be identified. 7 items means waiting a week for all to be identified.

Pay 10 pims upon retrieving any identified items. Any items still being examined by the registry can't be returned.

Trial & Error - Because this is based on the student's intuition and abilities, they do all of the work themselves. At first glance, this is cheaper than going to the Registry, but this may result in getting injured, distracted, or otherwise resulting in a detrimental situation. However, you will also be able to identify items more quickly than the Registry, provided your skills match the items you are trying to figure out, plus some luck. Because of the randomness of this activity, it might be better to go with the more expensive, reliable, and less time-consuming Registry. Particularly good rolls may identify items that are related to each other in some manner, such as multiple swords, or perhaps a book of enchantment, and an enchanted mirror. This may cause an chain reaction of identification, allowing the player to identify many items effectively.

I would love to know more what the differnt Duel Choises means in the Adventure.

I just calanged Girars but I dont understand whats the difference in the 3 exits. Even a look in the Mod tool didnt help me here because the exits all have the same "Benefits".

Btw what hapens with chars that have a Duel scheduled after the last day of this year?

Because my curent Char have a very high Insight (13 from 2 starting) I wonder if the new adventures got to focused on Insight reward.

Edit: I also would love it if Research of a SS in general would increase the SS max instead for some SS give a direct Attribute boost.

Schwarzbart;

Duels which are scheduled after the end of the year are cancelled, as both of you have left the Academagia. For Research, there will be a new system for that in Year 2, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. :huh:

For the Duel Choices, I will work up a little post about it for the Modder's forum.

Thanks!

Alright first of excellant game my friends, I've spent 2 nights in a row playing this game. Thats quite a feat for me since I usually get tired of games quite quickly.... I've played to many and now they all feel the same =/..... Anywho

Suggestion 1: Auto-Save

It would be kind nice to have an auto save function.....Unless theres already one and I havent noticed :)

It would have been quite usefull when my game crashed a little earlier XD

Suggestion 2: Knowing the Exams

I would love to be able to know which exams (which class) will be taken place on that day yah know. Im pretty sure i'd be able to cram some knowledge in before id

go take a make or break test XP.........Unless that's already implemented and I havent been paying attention =_=

Compliment: This game has alot to do I barely have enough time to do it XP. Im at my first replay seems my first time went increadibly well, now it seems my new character gets bullied by my arch nemisis alot, which is at times odd cause my characters strong, smart, charming, and apparently a good spy XD. Guess I shouldnt have picked that enemy on arrival trait.

Oi I almost forgot I wanna ask will there be a future patch were you'd be able to transfer your save to the sequal? You know so you keep certain character traits, have old friends and all that fancy mumbo jumbo?

P.S. Excellant patch added a whole lot more to the game

Im not sure if this is helpfull or not I hear that there have been some wantings in custome portraits and I've wanted to try to help in the particular machanics.

Ok, so hears my idea there would be preset facial portrats like the size of the head and such. There would be 3 different preset heads, eyes, noses, and mouth. Clicking the arrows would change the individual features; First head shape, then eyes, then nose, and finally mouth. Sorry if my explanation isnt good, I have a trouble trying to present idea's towards others.

<Head>

<Eyes>

<Nose>

<Mouth>

That's a very good idea, but difficult to implement when poses are different.

How about turning the image into a drag and drop object that player can position it however they like on the pose. Should be similar to the equipment coding with the mouse as the center point.