Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

I know the Strength attribute is not suppose to be important for wizard, but it just so depreciate by the fact that it only cover 4 sets of skills with bully and school education being commonly used and the only attribute without a magical skill.

It might be better off to just merge the skills to other attributes but that would be too much work so I would like to suggest taking Gates out of Fitness because it already have three magical skills and it feel more right with Gates represented by Strength for the powerful creature that is summoned.

If we go to the technicality of how strength is needed in using gate, the let's say that your wand become an out of control steering wheel that you need strength to align it properly to navigate the gate properly to trap-teleport the creature.

In the case of summoning creature that have magic resistance, you will have to stretch open the magical portal and physically kidnap or pull the creature to at least touching the gate enough to overpower it's magical resistance to teleport it under your command.

Or your wand become a fishing rod that you literally fish out an aqua/marine creature out of the pool of gate/portal.

Something like that. Pretty sure the dragon in the past would totally do that to get new human slave.

I am more for changing Mastery to Strength instead of Gate.

My reason for this is that Mastery need force to overcome the will of a other Human in oposit to Gate where some description even point toward Charm as the right atribute but Fitness works there also.

Alle the description I read so fare Gate user never did overcome the will of a summoned creature they just work together with it.

A other reason I am against the change from Fitness to Strength for Gate is that it would break a majority of the chars I have played so fare when the will be importet to year 2!

ate where some description even point toward Charm as the right atribute but Fitness works there also.

Some description I read also vaguely point to strength but you probably right since I haven't gotten gates yet.

A other reason I am against the change from Fitness to Strength for Gate is that it would break a majority of the chars I have played so fare when the will be importet to year 2!

That's the problem I raised, how many people actually take Strength as the main attribute other than just for bully?

Nyaa and Schwarzbart;

Thanks for the suggestions- I don't think we'll move any of the magical disciplines over to Strength, but as we go forward you may find certain sub-sets of these disciplines will have Strength as the primary Attribute.

Additionally, in Year 2, there are several new fun things that require Strength, as you will see...:)

One of my big frustrations with Academagia interface: I tend to press Action button instead of "Next Page" or "Scroll down", just because it is the only prominently visible button on the page. And, of course, once pressed, there is no way to go back, even to see the day's report.

I think, buttons for every possible action should be visible on page, especially if pressing the wrong one means such grave consequences as failed adventure.

You know that you can use the mouseweel to scoll up and down?

What kind of mouse or mouse replacment are you using that you hit the big turnprocessing button instead of the back button?

How is it possible to scroll to the "Next page"?

I use regular mouse, and I hit a big bright button which I see by the corner of my eye while concentrating on the tiny script of the adventure text. :)

The other "misuse" of the Action button happens when, once pressed without any any visible indication that it was really pressed because of the game's slow response, the button gets pressed second time. In this case the game finally responds by jumping trough two pages at once, again without any possibility to go back to the Report page.

you can go back to the Day Report of all past days simply clicking at the history scroll of this day in the calender.

And for scrolling with the mouseweel I was talking about the Confirmation Orders up and down.

(When you have the Confirmation Orders Open you have to use Back if you whant to use anything outside of this tab)

I also hope you use the newest Version of Academagica and not one of the very old Versions because the Team have improved the UI a loot!

you can go back to the Day Report of all past days simply clicking at the history scroll of this day in the calender.

And for scrolling with the mouseweel I was talking about the Confirmation Orders up and down.

(When you have the Confirmation Orders Open you have to use Back if you whant to use anything outside of this tab)

I also hope you use the newest Version of Academagica and not one of the very old Versions because the Team have improved the UI a loot!

Thank you for the tip Schwarzbart, I've never clicked the history scroll before.

I have the latest patch in my game.

There are over 500 Random Events, actually. After DLC, that number is over 600.

Caramolka, I noticed you wrote this:

"I often have the same event twice or even three times in the same year."

...which should not be the case, if you are using the latest patch (well, assuming you started a new game in the latest patch! If you began a game unpatched, you'd see this issue.) When you go into the game next, please press F12 and let me know the version number in the bottom left hand corner. If you are using the latest, you should see: 1.2.4.0.

Thanks!