Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

sdeligar;

It's a great idea, and we agree- you'll see something like them chiming in Adventures in Year 2. Skill bonus affinity is somewhat already represented by their Abilities, but that too can be expanded. :)

Schwarzbart;

That's the original intent of the Background, but it's a limitation of the engine. :(

Trizz;

Thanks! We'll close that in DLC 7.

One thing I'd really love to see (probably have to wait for year 2), is an easier way to use spells.

There are hundreds of them there. Increase this, bump up that, lower the other! But all of them take a full time period to cast, in advance. Given that every other event/adventure has me casting spells on the fly, I'd like to see one of two things.

A) A free spell-casting per day. If you do this, set some kind of limits on how many or what types of spells you can have active on you at once (Maybe every spell after the 1st requires a concentration roll, at steadily increasing penalties?)

B) (Preferred) An interface within the event/adventure interface that lets you cast one spell per interface/adventure phase. Have it cost stress, or something, and only last for the duration of the day (or even the event/adventure) if cast this way, and not be modifiable with optional phemes.

Another suggestion, for the end-of-day summary. Make it so that all the people I have info on/in my clique don't show me their whole schedule unless I expand it. Scrolling past 10 of these daily to keep an eye on the merit scores gets annoying. Or heck, make a quick All-Down button so I can see the Merit scores easier. Or make a main screen button (like the Calendar/Inventory buttons?) where I can see the merit scores (bonus points if it's a cute little graphical shot of the Fios Fragi flowers, and the College colors of the last Merit winners!)

Grunthex;

These have actually been requested by other Academagians- for Spells, I think you will find how Spells are used to be much easier, much simpler and more efficient in Year 2. While you are not able to cast Spells freely, you will have a wider set of options available to you, some of which enable you to 'instant' cast in conjunction with other activities.

For the End of Day organization, that is actually something we've been working on for a future Patch (no ETA yet, though!)

According to the text Badcrumble Adventure 2 and 3 are at the same evening so they probably should get direct linked.

Why isnt Cast Wizard’s Tailor (Revision/Concentration like in RE Wardrobe Malfunction 1 or 6) one of the options in Badcrumble Adventure 3? (Only sewing and Incantion exits are there)

Also a Gate spell would be fun where you get your self help in fixing it at a place where you are alone :).

Edit: It would be great if we can use fast Spells and usable items like food or scrolls in the same way as locations in year 2 or even in a later version of year 1 :)

Jar of Healing Balm gives only +1 Vitality to a char of Choise (at last acording to the text) wouldn't it more usfull if the Healing Balm fills up the Vitality to its max?

Even if this would mean its only a 1 use item instead of a 20 use because I dont think a 1 Vitality heal is wort spending a time slot.

If the above Suggestion dont work then how about +5 Vitality 4times or +10 Vitality 2 times.

Feedback on various issues:

in The Beast, The Dragon, and A Solemn Council, check image placement and/or lower edge of image, which doesn't fade in. It's a sharp edge that cuts into the top line of text whenever it appears in this event sequence. (Image of multiple ghostly figures standing within large space)

Typo: Random Event Hedi Common Room 8, page 2: should read envelop, not envelope.

Results page after Ersmé's House of Fortune & Fame reads "temporary increase to Your Attribute" -- does not name attribute, no link

Adventure "A Lover's Spat" -- throughout:

The tense normally used for narration in events and adventures is the present. This adventure switches from present to past and back throughout, sometimes within one sentence or a pair of sequential sentences. I would suggest reviewing the text to harmonise to present tense.

Also: smile at (rather than to) in page 6 of 8 (in Court of Grace, I believe)

different way doing things -- missing "of"

Please let me know if this is not the right place to provide this type of feedback.

Trizz

With 49 pages on this thread, I don't have the stamina to look through all of them to see if this has already been suggested. But the single biggest complaint I have with this game is the lack of a sandbox mode. Some other games like this, such as the Pet Protector games, allow you to keep playing sandbox-style after the time limit, or have a separate sandbox mode with no time limit. The lack of a sandbox mode in this game was a dealbreaker for me.

If I remember correct its imposible to change the engine of year 1 to have a different start/ending so for something like this you have to wait for the release of the seperate game for year 2!

End even in year 2 you probably would have to mod it that you have a long time "summerbreak" after year 2 ends.

Trizz;

Schwarzbart is correct- usually that kind of thing will go into Support, but it's perfectly fine if you place it here. The typos we will close in DLC 7- we'll look at the image as well.

dm3588;

I'm sorry to hear that was a dealbreaker for you; other Academagians have previously requested a sandbox, and we are considering the possibility- but as Schwarzbart notes, the game will progress into Year 2, so...:)

Thanks for the feedback!

Can you increase the Properties of Arithmetic and Theory of Arimethic give outs from class till the mid term exam?

I ask because I watched that even when I have Cleanse and Remake aktive nearly the complet time it was necesary and didnt skip any class that gave something I only got to 3 in this skills at the mid term.

Maybe even the complet give out for this skills have to increased but for this I have to play through this char first :).

(this 2 skills are one of the vew remaining class SS that have a training difficulty of 2)

If I get the info from the Editor correct then there are 13 give outs for the 1 step skills but only 15 give outs from class for the 2step skills what is deffinitve to less.

If my reading if the Editor is correct I suggest to add at last 6 more give outs (3-4 bevore mid therm) for Properties of Arithmetic and also for Theory of Arimethic.

While I'm not convinced it's necessarily a bad thing (hey, maybe some classes you have to study on your own time to ace!), if it is determined that something is unusual, you might also want to look at Revision Spells, Incantation Spells, Dialectic-First Principles, and Calligraphy-Orthography, which all have the same issue (learning cost of 2, so you usually end up with a considerably lower than average score in that subskill).

On the other hand, I believe each of those classes has at least 3 other subskills that are regularly taught in class, so this doesn't actually affect your final grade, as your overall skill should still be where it should be.

It would be great if the legal Magic Skills (Glamour, Incantation, Negation and Revision) unlook all SubSkills of the Skill as soon the skill reach maybe 2 or 3.

The Idea behind this is that as soon the player found out about 3 of the SS and start to train them it souldent be to hard to learn about the 4. SS in a School of Magic.

Even if it just to simulate that the player got some hints from other Persons what books he sould look at if he realy whant to learn this magic.

Maybe the Team sould have look at the difficultys of Familiar Adventure Invisible Friend.

Because it go up to a difficulty of 24 and then back down to a difficulty of 3 when continue in Familiar Bond Adventure Invisible Friend.

I wouldn't say anything if this are realy 2 sepeat adventures but because Familiar Adventure Invisible Friend have to played trough to even start the Bond Adventure its strange to have this big gap in difficulty.

because its related to the post abouve I post a bug here:

After I finished Familiar Adventure Invisible Friend 5 trough exit 2 I cant find the continue "The Calling Light" (Familiar Bond Adventure Invisible Friend 00) in my list.

Because I am already 8.Veranix the time restriction (Gelamenus The Last Feast till Kaliri 28) shouldn't be the problem exept its broken.