Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Did my last post get missed? /pout

As another reward for the Tree Adventure (which is pretty rewardy already, admitedly), how about a 'Hang out with Oan and friends' action? You'd get stress, as you'd be inevitably asked to carry books and run errands (as the last part of the Duel introduction notes), but you'd also get- I dunno, +1 to a Social Skills and informed on a random on campus location.

Explore is already sort of fit-causing, so more actions that get you 'explored' would be nice, and if the action had a decent cooldown (like, once a week), I think it would make sense.

And gah, Renate is suddenly not looking forward to Neta's adventure. XD

Could you guys take a re-look over the Avila boys adventure?

I don't think there's any other adventure in the game that assumes so much about your character. The only things that come close are when you challenge Phillipe to a duel and are told that your character is terrified of him, and the Magical Musical adventure that assumes your character is attracted to the opposite sex.

The Avila boys collage adventure, on the other hand, basically assumes: also that your character is attracted to the opposite sex (ignoring that not only could they be gay, but also that at twelve, they really just might not have all that much interest in girls yet), that your character is specifically attracted to various girls in Avila (or at least leading them on) to the point of having 'groupies' and thinking that going and flirting with girls is the best stress relief, that your character spies on girls in Avila collage for their own pleasure (ew), that your character flirts with Emilia at random, that your character finds Cosetta annoying, that your character constantly and somewhat weirdly refers to girls as 'sister' and guys as 'man' over and over, and the most blatant, that your character is some sort of super lady-killer at their lovely age of twelve. At one point, while playing the part of a love guru, your character says to ‘let hormones work with your words at first, not your hands’... in a game that doesn't even allow holding hands, hugging, kissing, etc?

Honestly, the PC comes across as being somewhere around sixteen during the adventure, not twelve, and sixteen with a very set personality: they're a flirtatious lady killer with an interest in Emilia, a very distinct speech pattern (compared to how it's usually described as 'You agree' rather then every line of your characters dialog written down), and who really comes across as a bit of a creep.

There's also various spacing errors, sentences such as ‘Hendricks claims that she was under the influence of the Jack’s potion, but agrees after the evidence is too great against her’, weird logic such as one of your upperclassmen being told to grab 'six of your strongest guys' (meaning there's at least eight, probably more like ten or twelve male students in his year, despite there being only three in the first year?), and no one even going to the Regent even at the end. That, plus the complete lack of attention paid to the characters stats (No romance, flirting, relations with girls in Avila? Too bad, you love them and they love you. Best pick-pocket in the world with extreme Perception, Awareness, and Observation? Too bad, Dacota can still pickpocket you without any trouble.) made it the most disappointing adventure I've done, despite having a good story and plot underneath it all. If some of the creep factor could be prodded at, I think the adventure would work better.

Thanks so much, Legate. Tis very much appreciated. :)

Would you guys also consider opening up the Affection emotion for 11+ same sex friendships, and then maybe adding Bond of Brothers/Bond of Sisters to replace 'love' for the 13+ for same-sex friendships? I think the description of Affection is pretty neutral enough that it would work for all sorts of friends, and then the Bond of Brothers/Sisters could note that you've developed a friendship so strong that you think of them not just as a friend, but as a brother/sister: someone who you can trust to watch your back at all times and stick with you no matter what the circumstance, and who you'd gladly do the same for? It would be nice for there to be a 'reward' for getting that high with a close friend, and blood-brothers/sisters are a staple of fantasy works. ^^

Would you guys also consider opening up the Affection emotion for 11+ same sex friendships, and then maybe adding Bond of Brothers/Bond of Sisters to replace 'love' for the 13+ for same-sex friendships? I think the description of Affection is pretty neutral enough that it would work for all sorts of friends, and then the Bond of Brothers/Sisters could note that you've developed a friendship so strong that you think of them not just as a friend, but as a brother/sister: someone who you can trust to watch your back at all times and stick with you no matter what the circumstance, and who you'd gladly do the same for? It would be nice for there to be a 'reward' for getting that high with a close friend, and blood-brothers/sisters are a staple of fantasy works. ^^

I just want to chime in and state my support for this excellent idea, as well as my hope that the Devs including something like this in Year 2!

It just struck me (Yes, I am a bit slow at times) that while we have skills as "Externalized Desire" and "Encurage Fellow student" the results are no different from Befriend, even should befriend fail.

I dunno, it just seems odd.

Also, Random Event Classroom 8, the exits that end in delivery should really inform you of the Dimmae Theater ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The Academagia Attacked/Triplets Adventure could use a quick going over. I think most of the adventure should trigger right after the part before it has been done, as much of it seems to be happening continuously.

The Scenes from Dialect adventure with Professor Sido is brilliant. I hope the team will consider doing that for more classes- heck, even every class, though I'm unsure how Arithmetic and Geometry would work (though I bet it could be made interesting). It's fun, introduces both the teacher and the other students more, and shows you how the class is taught. Very nice, would be nice to see more like it. :)

I finally got to some other colleges and I think it was Godina, where you have adventure - "The Incanix College Reunion" and it behaved weirdly for me. I started with 11 or 12 Incantation and okay, the exit was red and I tried and failed and the adventure did not wipe, so I used my Incantation Pheme to good use, but with Incantation 21 the exits were still red and I failed a lot of them and even more later. I even tried my non-spell skill raises to up my skill in case the problem was there. My highest attribute at the time was insight at 11. I have not checked mod base to see if there is Insight/Incantation roll of 34... If it is I would understand the difficulty- but does there have to be a reprimand from Orso Orsi every time I fail that quest?

And one thign you have probably heard enough times already. The Challenge at the Redoubt has very low skill roll for something that has not been done in decades. I mean it is not that difficult to arrive at endurance 12 with a bit of luck...

Sorry about the rambling.

(Maybe I even could post it in bugs but I think its bether here as a suggestion to fix this)

RE Random Event Forest 8 Exit 5-3 gives the infos about the plant in the Success text but didn't inform the player about the plant in the reward.

The same for Exit 5-2 and 5-4. Acording to the Mod Base 5-4 also dont give the flowers as reward even if it says so in the success text.

Edit: Random Event Rampart Crature 4 how about make the air reflective betwean the dog and the lizard via Revision? I think that is a interesthing alternative way.

Regarding the last step of the "captain of Mineta" adventure, I've trained my character's logic skill to 10 and still have a purple outcome for it. I used the broken statue of pal to temporarily raise my logic by 3 and still the best I can do is raise it to a red. I've tried several times to complete it, but it seems I'm just out of luck. Unless there's a way to raise that further I might suggest toning that down a tiny notch.

When choosing the shopping action and picking a store to visit it would be nice to have a description of the stores and give an Idea as to what you can find there. I know that the names of some of them give an impression but as for others... I'm not sure anyone can guess what a store by the name of Koko Danzo sells.

Finally... a couple of typos.

In "Elleen's eyesore" description, we have "use her stylus to scrath"

In the description of the location "The stone of revision", the word "Obsidian" is spelled incorrectly. (obsidean)

Hope this helps.

I fear you have to use magic to get past this (There are some General Spells that gives you +5 to any SS per use)

If you have buffed to 20 or more and its still red then I probably agree but this is one of the 4 different Main adventures and they all have a difficult end step.

Btw its difficulty 20 acording to the old ModBase so its absolut in the normal limit.